Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    New Madden ratings released.
    At least the bills will be playable this year.

They don't like any of the OL FA signings except Morse it seems. Still we can put out a line that has everyone above 70 overall. It's been a while.

Biggest strength is DL. The secondary is not getting the credit it deserves imo. Should be a top rated unit based off of the results the last 2 seasons.
    LB is solid but seriously lacks depth. If Edmonds steps up then it's a very solid unit still though.

Looking forward to franchise mode.

I'm still amazed there are people on NFL Live, predicting the Bills take the division. A lot of media and fans are solely putting last years 6-10 record on the WR position.

I love being optimistic, but lets not forget, 8 losses were by 10 or more points, meaning a few drops hurt us, but I am not to sure we make up 10 points in any of those games and turn L's into W's if a few of those balls were caught. In close games, Bills lost 3 games by one score. Perhaps those games we convert the win, but I don't know if there were any crucial drops in those three games.

I just cant wait to see what the game plan is. McCoy, Gore and Yeldon addition makes me think were going to focus on a ground attack. All the moves on the line enforces that as well. All the people who think were going to win the division, are predicting that we are going to do that with Allen through the air. Even though I love the overhaul we did at the WR position, to me, since these guys are dependable and can catch the ball, defenses finally will not be able to stack the box and have to pay attention to WR's up the field, again, this might be to open up the ground game. I would like to see a pre season where Allen throws every possession he is out there. Let the running backs get their work later on.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    I'm still amazed there are people on NFL Live, predicting the Bills take the division. A lot of media and fans are solely putting last years 6-10 record on the WR position.

I love being optimistic, but lets not forget, 8 losses were by 10 or more points, meaning a few drops hurt us, but I am not to sure we make up 10 points in any of those games and turn L's into W's if a few of those balls were caught. In close games, Bills lost 3 games by one score. Perhaps those games we convert the win, but I don't know if there were any crucial drops in those three games.

I just cant wait to see what the game plan is. McCoy, Gore and Yeldon addition makes me think were going to focus on a ground attack. All the moves on the line enforces that as well. All the people who think were going to win the division, are predicting that we are going to do that with Allen through the air. Even though I love the overhaul we did at the WR position, to me, since these guys are dependable and can catch the ball, defenses finally will not be able to stack the box and have to pay attention to WR's up the field, again, this might be to open up the ground game. I would like to see a pre season where Allen throws every possession he is out there. Let the running backs get their work later on.
    It will be a very interesting season and will tell us a lot about the future/path we are on.

Logically, this team has to be thinking we will win through the air, not ground. With Gore and McCoy's age, would they try to ground and pound 45 times a game?

I don't know if any of you are to young to remember, but here's a funny story during the pre-season with Kelly, Thurman and Reed, before the K-gun was unleashed. That pre-season, Kelly came out, handed the ball to Thurman, they went to the huddle, nearly wasted every second off the clock while in the huddle, before going back to the line and doing another run play. Throughout the games that pre season, run run run and control the clock was their approach. Media everywhere said, "Bills are going to be a control the clock running team this year".

Then the first game of the year came. Teams had no clue what was going on. Bills immediately went to the no huddle k-gun offense, scoring within seconds. Defenses weren't prepared, couldn't substitute the players fast enough and the era began.

With all the former Bills in camp this off season talking to the coaches and players, it would be great if they came up with a similar plan.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Logically, this team has to be thinking we will win through the air, not ground. With Gore and McCoy's age, would they try to ground and pound 45 times a game?

I don't know if any of you are to young to remember, but here's a funny story during the pre-season with Kelly, Thurman and Reed, before the K-gun was unleashed. That pre-season, Kelly came out, handed the ball to Thurman, they went to the huddle, nearly wasted every second off the clock while in the huddle, before going back to the line and doing another run play. Throughout the games that pre season, run run run and control the clock was their approach. Media everywhere said, "Bills are going to be a control the clock running team this year".

Then the first game of the year came. Teams had no clue what was going on. Bills immediately went to the no huddle k-gun offense, scoring within seconds. Defenses weren't prepared, couldn't substitute the players fast enough and the era began.

With all the former Bills in camp this off season talking to the coaches and players, it would be great if they came up with a similar plan.
    That would make me wet.
    And I don't think the running game would suffer from the because Allen is so dangerous with his feet. The only thing I would worry about is if the line is good enough to keep him healthy all season.

Profootball talk wrote an article on rookie RB Singletarry getting tons of reps with the first team. They wrote, its not a surprise since they are limiting Gore, due to age and that "McCoy is in jeopardy of being cut".

Lots of articles now speculating McCoy's about to be released. Since they are all solely blaming it on his poor production last year, I doubt he will be released. If they had other reasons for him to be released, I would start to wonder, but we all knew in pre season, that without the QB and WR, we would not have a running game last year. Nathan (Pick6) Peterson didn't help the cause, being he proved teams could stop the run and never had to worry about an air attack.

How about Christian wade looking legit?

If Wade gets more touches and does that again, he might just make this team after all. Right now, even with that run, he is probably the longest of all long-shots to make the club.

Odds are we will only keep 5 RB's, with Mccoy/Gore/Singletarry/Dimarco probably the favorites, with Wade, Murphy, Yeldon, Perry and everyone else on the outside looking in.

After game 1, Yeldon didn't help his chances with a fumble.

Even though Perry scored, I think having 3 handoffs for 1 yard and barely getting into the end zone after the 3rd attempt, should hurt his chances of making the club, not help it.

Then we have Wade, 1 touch and takes it to the house. Lack of experience is probably the only thing keeping him down right now. But if he gains a lot of yards on future touches, I'd let him either replace Perry or Dimarco. Dimarco at the FB position, is probably a position we can do without. If Wade wants to stay and play football, my guess is he gets plucked by a different team off our practice squad and goes there. It has become common practice in the NFL lately, for players to get plucked off practice squads, added to the roster for a week (to follow the rules), just to be released again and have the freedom to sign for any team's practice squad they want after that. Odds are, if he wants to stay in the NFL, he would probably want to go to a warm weather practice squad, rather than stay with a team, with pretty much no options, playing in the frigid cold.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910