Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 220
  1. #196
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    17,930
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Hes going to be the average age of the players drafted this coming year if I remember correctly.
    You are correct. Drafted at 19, recently turned 21.
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Buffalo Bills Southern Illinois University Salukis

    Naomi Osaka Angelique Kerber Bianca Andreescu

  2. #197
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,362
    Gotta say... I disagree with bleu on the critisizim of Beanes drafting.
    I mean he doesnt have a spotless record but neither does any other GM that has ever existed in any sport.

    They have drafted high character players with high ceilings in the 1st round. Trading down for white was savvy and showed a lot of confidence in their ability to identify talent.

    All of the 1st rounders have been viewed as projects with high ceilings and all of them have improved every season.

    They have found gems late in the draft and also Undrafted FA including Levi Wallace Taron Johnson, foster, Williams, etc.
    They have made some very savvy FA signings including Hyde, Poyer, Phillips, Spain, Brown, Beasley, Gore etc.

    McDermott is about to lead 2 very flawed teams to the playoffs in 3 years. He has become a better coach across these 3 years from what I see.

    Im really pleased with management.

  3. #198
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,362
    Josh is on pace for:
    completion percentage of 60.9%
    3800 total yards
    28 TDs.

    But 26 TOs..

  4. #199
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,362
    Just 1 turnover in the last 3 games though. No interceptions.

  5. #200
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    17,930
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Josh is on pace for:
    completion percentage of 60.9%
    3800 total yards
    28 TDs.

    But 26 TOs..
    His adjusted completion percentage is promising.
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Buffalo Bills Southern Illinois University Salukis

    Naomi Osaka Angelique Kerber Bianca Andreescu

  6. #201
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Josh is on pace for:
    completion percentage of 60.9%
    3800 total yards
    28 TDs.

    But 26 TOs..
    True, but as a passer is where he'll be measured. Think about it, when we drafted him, was all the talk about his rushing ability and how he'd light it up on the ground? No, it was about his "strong-arm" and his passing potential, as it should have been.

    Passing he's on pace for 3,300 yards (173/game), 20 TDs, 14 INTs, 20 fumbles (lost or not which is pure chance/luck), a rating of 82.9, a QBR of 37.3, 42 sacks, 4.1 TD%, 2.9 INT%. TOs are what did Kizer in, and Allen played worse in his rookie year than Kizer did in his rookie season in Cleveland otherwise. The problem is that as long as Allen runs, planned plays or not, he'll be prone to fumbling.

    That's below-average across the board.
    To start, that completion % may have been good 30 years ago when Kelly was playing, but today it's not. He ranks 27th in Compl. %
    25th in Yards-per-Game passing
    21st in passing TDs
    23rd in TD%
    25th in INT%
    26th in YPA
    27th in Adjusted YPA
    16th in YPC
    26th in rating
    27th in QBR, ahead of only Mayfield, Darnold, Mariota, Dalton, and Trubisky
    25th in sack% (Bledsoe-like and Bledsoe had brick feet)
    26th in Net YPA
    25th in Adj. Net YPA

    He's not a good passer. With the exception of YPC, which is a less significant stat in contrast, he's well below-average categorically. Sure, he's improved, but that simply reveals how horrid he was last season. He can't be relied upon to play a good passing game for 3+ quarters regularly.

    His running's only going to get him injured and it merely masks his issues as well as issues in the running game.

    He's going to have to make a massive leap in performance in the sedond half. The problem is that he's played some very bad and easy teams. If that's all he's got against the easiet teams in the league, then concerns should exist going into the second half.

    We'll see how it shakes out. I don't have a good feeling about this Brown's game.

  7. #202
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,362

  8. #203
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,362
    Hey bleu,

    With all the weight you put on each matchup between teams - what is your take on the browns beating up the Steelers.

    Because you believed the Steelers would take our playoff spot right? Especially after we lost to the browns you really put an emphasis on this.

    Does the Steelers also losing to the browns by a larger margin influence your opinion at all? We lost by 2 missed field goals. Steelers cant say that at all.

    I think were better than the Steelers this year. And that means something because Steelers and packers are my next favourite teams after the bills. So Im not biased.

  9. #204
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,362

  10. #205
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    17,930
    The Steelers aren't making the playoffs with Mason Rudolph at QB.
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Buffalo Bills Southern Illinois University Salukis

    Naomi Osaka Angelique Kerber Bianca Andreescu

  11. #206
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Hey bleu,

    With all the weight you put on each matchup between teams - what is your take on the browns beating up the Steelers.

    Because you believed the Steelers would take our playoff spot right? Especially after we lost to the browns you really put an emphasis on this.

    Does the Steelers also losing to the browns by a larger margin influence your opinion at all? We lost by 2 missed field goals. Steelers cant say that at all.

    I think were better than the Steelers this year. And that means something because Steelers and packers are my next favourite teams after the bills. So Im not biased.
    Whatever there Chong. You're the type that's going to believe whatever you want to believe.

    There's a reason why the Steelers lapsed, can you identify what it is? It's a common one that occurs to all teams. You'd recognize it if it happened to the us, but you won't if it's not convenient to your argument otherwise.

    Pittsburgh will pass us easily. I'd tell you that playing Cincy, Cleveland, Arizona, us and the Jets will be far easer than playing Denver, Dallas, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and New England is more difficult, but you'd likely have some reason why it isn't. No sense in debating the issue.

    Even now, if Pittsburgh beats us, and can beat more of those teams that we can beat on our schedule, then there's no debate. They'll edge us out for tiebreaker. I see that happening. Granted, you don't, so we won't be in agreement there.

    Oakland is also going to pass us. Their 4 losses have all been to teams that will make the playoffs. Remaining they have the Jets, Jags, Chargers, Titans, and Broncos. They are better coached, have a better QB, and much better RB.

    Including Pittsburgh there are three other teams along with us fighting for the two wild-card spots, all three have much easier remaining schedules, and two are only a game behind us. If Pitt beats us that would put them a game behind us all things being equal otherwise.

    I don't see us making the playoffs. I see us finishing 9-7 at best, and if we can't beat Denver on Sunday, a team with a very comparable defense to ours, then I see us going on an 0-5 skid and finishing either 8-8 or 7-9 if we can't beat the Jets on the road.

  12. #207
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    17,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings & Bleu View Post
    Whatever there Chong. You're the type that's going to believe whatever you want to believe.

    There's a reason why the Steelers lapsed, can you identify what it is? It's a common one that occurs to all teams. You'd recognize it if it happened to the us, but you won't if it's not convenient to your argument otherwise.

    Pittsburgh will pass us easily. I'd tell you that playing Cincy, Cleveland, Arizona, us and the Jets will be far easer than playing Denver, Dallas, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and New England is more difficult, but you'd likely have some reason why it isn't. No sense in debating the issue.

    Even now, if Pittsburgh beats us, and can beat more of those teams that we can beat on our schedule, then there's no debate. They'll edge us out for tiebreaker. I see that happening. Granted, you don't, so we won't be in agreement there.

    Oakland is also going to pass us. Their 4 losses have all been to teams that will make the playoffs. Remaining they have the Jets, Jags, Chargers, Titans, and Broncos. They are better coached, have a better QB, and much better RB.

    Including Pittsburgh there are three other teams along with us fighting for the two wild-card spots, all three have much easier remaining schedules, and two are only a game behind us. If Pitt beats us that would put them a game behind us all things being equal otherwise.

    I don't see us making the playoffs. I see us finishing 9-7 at best, and if we can't beat Denver on Sunday, a team with a very comparable defense to ours, then I see us going on an 0-5 skid and finishing either 8-8 or 7-9 if we can't beat the Jets on the road.
    They've already played the Jets on the road. And the Steelers are absolutely not making the playoffs with Mason Rudolph at QB. Get out of here with that. lol
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Buffalo Bills Southern Illinois University Salukis

    Naomi Osaka Angelique Kerber Bianca Andreescu

  13. #208
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    17,930
    Don't sleep on the Bengals for the upset win this Sunday.
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Buffalo Bills Southern Illinois University Salukis

    Naomi Osaka Angelique Kerber Bianca Andreescu

  14. #209
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings & Bleu View Post
    Whatever there Chong. You're the type that's going to believe whatever you want to believe.

    There's a reason why the Steelers lapsed, can you identify what it is? It's a common one that occurs to all teams. You'd recognize it if it happened to the us, but you won't if it's not convenient to your argument otherwise.

    Pittsburgh will pass us easily. I'd tell you that playing Cincy, Cleveland, Arizona, us and the Jets will be far easer than playing Denver, Dallas, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and New England is more difficult, but you'd likely have some reason why it isn't. No sense in debating the issue.

    Even now, if Pittsburgh beats us, and can beat more of those teams that we can beat on our schedule, then there's no debate. They'll edge us out for tiebreaker. I see that happening. Granted, you don't, so we won't be in agreement there.

    Oakland is also going to pass us. Their 4 losses have all been to teams that will make the playoffs. Remaining they have the Jets, Jags, Chargers, Titans, and Broncos. They are better coached, have a better QB, and much better RB.

    Including Pittsburgh there are three other teams along with us fighting for the two wild-card spots, all three have much easier remaining schedules, and two are only a game behind us. If Pitt beats us that would put them a game behind us all things being equal otherwise.

    I don't see us making the playoffs. I see us finishing 9-7 at best, and if we can't beat Denver on Sunday, a team with a very comparable defense to ours, then I see us going on an 0-5 skid and finishing either 8-8 or 7-9 if we can't beat the Jets on the road.
    I havent even read past the first line yet and I can already tell you took my post the wrong way.

    Im asking for your honest opinion. Has the results of the Steelers vs browns game change your opinion at all?

  15. #210
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings & Bleu View Post
    Whatever there Chong. You're the type that's going to believe whatever you want to believe.

    There's a reason why the Steelers lapsed, can you identify what it is? It's a common one that occurs to all teams. You'd recognize it if it happened to the us, but you won't if it's not convenient to your argument otherwise.

    Pittsburgh will pass us easily. I'd tell you that playing Cincy, Cleveland, Arizona, us and the Jets will be far easer than playing Denver, Dallas, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and New England is more difficult, but you'd likely have some reason why it isn't. No sense in debating the issue.

    Even now, if Pittsburgh beats us, and can beat more of those teams that we can beat on our schedule, then there's no debate. They'll edge us out for tiebreaker. I see that happening. Granted, you don't, so we won't be in agreement there.

    Oakland is also going to pass us. Their 4 losses have all been to teams that will make the playoffs. Remaining they have the Jets, Jags, Chargers, Titans, and Broncos. They are better coached, have a better QB, and much better RB.

    Including Pittsburgh there are three other teams along with us fighting for the two wild-card spots, all three have much easier remaining schedules, and two are only a game behind us. If Pitt beats us that would put them a game behind us all things being equal otherwise.

    I don't see us making the playoffs. I see us finishing 9-7 at best, and if we can't beat Denver on Sunday, a team with a very comparable defense to ours, then I see us going on an 0-5 skid and finishing either 8-8 or 7-9 if we can't beat the Jets on the road.
    Pretty much what I expected.
    Defensive, fade to pessimistic.

    Our fate is in our hands.

    Need to go 3-3.

    I think your are majorly under-appreciating our defence. 3rd in the league in points allowed. There shouldnt be any question in your mind that we have a top 5 defence this year.

    Allen had that great blowout game against a weak defence that you have been complaining hasnt existed.

    If you have an unbiased, dynamic opinion based on evidence - the recent events should have some type of influence on them.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •