Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Did you guys read the article out of Miami regarding Jordan Mills, from their ESPN Beat Reporter. After only a handful of snaps, Mills has been demoted already and the ESPN reporter said he overheard the coaches say, "this guy sucks".

McDermott having Mills on the line, protecting our QB's throughout the last few years, shows the lack of depth at the position and how our QB's were set up to fail. Miami's coach saw enough of him after just a couple of days of practice, that he is so fundamentally flawed, he is a liability out there. Yet, McDermott kept him a starter here.

I am only saying this to enforce the fact, that with a new line of actual ballers, If Allen has the ability, he will now succeed. Especially when Ducassee and Dawkins will lose their jobs now and they were worse than Mills.

I like Dawkins.

Our secondary should be even more dominant this season. What a talented group back there.

Believe it or not, Dawkins will get paid once released, because his rating is good.

However, As Profootball Focus has put it, Dawkins got lucky, because of how bad Jordan Mills & Ducasse and Miller are. Dawkins let people through the line just as easily as the rest of them, however, the man Mills would be covering would get to the QB first, effecting Mills Rating only and the guy Dawkins let through, who didnt get there in time, was off the hook. So in the end, even though Dawkins was incredibly man handled, stat wise, the pressure came from the other side, making it look like he did his job.

Moving forward, the only lineman who has a chance to stay on the line, is probably Teller. Teller is the size of a beast and McDermott likes him. They feel a lot of Teller's struggles, came from trying to do to much, making up for the inefficiencies of his linemates. With the new line, They are expecting him to only focus on the one in front of him and that he could be our modern day (House Ballard) from the 90's.

Our secondary has always been decent, but they still need one more pass rusher to help them out. We have seen our secondary get burnt on long 3rd down conversions and I dont blame them, I blame the defensive line , for giving the QB's way to much time to pick and choose who to throw a perfect pass to. One more pass rusher this season will cause a QB to throw off the wrong foot under pressure, throw off target, all creating turnovers. As I said in Chicago, Before Mack, 40 pass deflections 8 INTs. With Mack, 100 pass deflections creating 30 INT's. We just don't know if Oliver is enough to move the line.
    Last edited by sabres11; 06-07-2019 at 09:27 AM.

Allen has come a long way with how he handles the media.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Allen has come a long way with how he handles the media.
    From day 1, Allen has been a superstar when it comes to public relations. Way better than how Jim Kelly was his first 2-years here. So if Allen can produce, along with how he handles the media, he can become the media's new golden boy, the way Brady is now.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Believe it or not, Dawkins will get paid once released, because his rating is good.

However, As Profootball Focus has put it, Dawkins got lucky, because of how bad Jordan Mills & Ducasse and Miller are. Dawkins let people through the line just as easily as the rest of them, however, the man Mills would be covering would get to the QB first, effecting Mills Rating only and the guy Dawkins let through, who didnt get there in time, was off the hook. So in the end, even though Dawkins was incredibly man handled, stat wise, the pressure came from the other side, making it look like he did his job.

Moving forward, the only lineman who has a chance to stay on the line, is probably Teller. Teller is the size of a beast and McDermott likes him. They feel a lot of Teller's struggles, came from trying to do to much, making up for the inefficiencies of his linemates. With the new line, They are expecting him to only focus on the one in front of him and that he could be our modern day (House Ballard) from the 90's.

Our secondary has always been decent, but they still need one more pass rusher to help them out. We have seen our secondary get burnt on long 3rd down conversions and I dont blame them, I blame the defensive line , for giving the QB's way to much time to pick and choose who to throw a perfect pass to. One more pass rusher this season will cause a QB to throw off the wrong foot under pressure, throw off target, all creating turnovers. As I said in Chicago, Before Mack, 40 pass deflections 8 INTs. With Mack, 100 pass deflections creating 30 INT's. We just don't know if Oliver is enough to move the line.
    Dawkins has had one good season and one bad season. A lot will depend on this season.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Dawkins has had one good season and one bad season. A lot will depend on this season.
    Right now as we stand, I dont think Dawkins even starts.

I think it is safe for us all to assume that our starting line will be Morse, Nysekhe, Spain, Long and Ford. I don't think we see Dawkins beat out Nysekhe, which is pretty much his only chance. And even if Nysekhe gets hurt, we are looking at Feliciana, Teller or even Waddle coming in, 1st, 2nd 3rd. I don't know if they feel Dawkins is better than them.
    Last edited by sabres11; 06-18-2019 at 10:40 AM.

I don't think long will be starting.

Long signed a 3 year 13 million contract. I think his natural position on the line is Center, but after they signed him, they were saying he is a McDermott type player who can play tackle / guard pretty much anywhere they want. So the initial thought from WGR is, he is going to play and they will find him somewhere to play. Which is why I cant see Dawkins playing over any of the free agents we signed. Due to contracts, as well as performance.

Feliciana will be the guy, who everyone is saying will surprise us the most. They said he was handcuffed in Oakland, used Sparingly, due to losing out in Oaklands "popularity contest" on who starts and sits. But he is another guy who's stats showed, he hasn't allowed anyone to get past him all season long. With Dawkins, people manhandled him all the time, but for Feliciana, every time he is in, nobody gets through. So in the end, McDermott has choices now. Dawkins is injury relief.

Long signed a 3 year 13 million contract. I think his natural position on the line is Center, but after they signed him, they were saying he is a McDermott type player who can play tackle / guard pretty much anywhere they want. So the initial thought from WGR is, he is going to play and they will find him somewhere to play. Which is why I cant see Dawkins playing over any of the free agents we signed. Due to contracts, as well as performance.

Feliciana will be the guy, who everyone is saying will surprise us the most. They said he was handcuffed in Oakland, used Sparingly, due to losing out in Oaklands "popularity contest" on who starts and sits. But he is another guy who's stats showed, he hasn't allowed anyone to get past him all season long. With Dawkins, people manhandled him all the time, but for Feliciana, every time he is in, nobody gets through. So in the end, McDermott has choices now. Dawkins is injury relief.
    Long has clauses that will allow him to be cut clean. He seems much more like a super-utility lineman who can fill in anywhere than anyone else on the roster imo. Dawkins needs a position if he's going to turn the corner.

We'll see. Your word is not gospel and neither is wgr's.

Just remember what has happened to every lineman I complained about last year. One by one, they have been cut. Dawkins and Ducasse are next. This pre season, if nobody gets hurt, we will see Dawkins and Ducasse released quickly. The two lineman that replaces them on the bubble will be McDermott and Teller.

The coach loves McDermott and Teller and being that they are young and have size, the coach will see if they can improve their play from last year. However, Dawkins and Ducasse get beat 70% of the time they are on the field. We didnt sign all these lineman to mutiyear contracts, to back up players, who were beat 70% of the time.

Just remember what has happened to every lineman I complained about last year. One by one, they have been cut. Dawkins and Ducasse are next. This pre season, if nobody gets hurt, we will see Dawkins and Ducasse released quickly. The two lineman that replaces them on the bubble will be McDermott and Teller.

The coach loves McDermott and Teller and being that they are young and have size, the coach will see if they can improve their play from last year. However, Dawkins and Ducasse get beat 70% of the time they are on the field. We didnt sign all these lineman to mutiyear contracts, to back up players, who were beat 70% of the time.
    Long was even worse last year.

But ok that's your prediction.

I think ducasse gets cut 100%, but I think Dawkins gets a starting spot. That's my prediction.

I think teller, McDermott and Dawkins are the holdovers from last season.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789