Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    As I said, Vegas are experts. The NFL revolves around gambling. For them to predict 193 yards per game is a huge deal.

Itís easy for someone to say Allen will suck, but Vegas and the experts are putting money down on the fact he will suck. Vegas does that, a completely different entity in pro football focus anylytically rate him the very worse QB in the league. And all his fans here say, he is our 6th pick in the draft, based on that, he will be Awsome.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    As I said, Vegas are experts. The NFL revolves around gambling. For them to predict 193 yards per game is a huge deal.

Itís easy for someone to say Allen will suck, but Vegas and the experts are putting money down on the fact he will suck. Vegas does that, a completely different entity in pro football focus anylytically rate him the very worse QB in the league. And all his fans here say, he is our 6th pick in the draft, based on that, he will be Awsome.
    No one has said that he will be awesome because he was the 6th pick.

And if he has a 3000 yards passing season and rushes for another 500 yards, with a passer rating above 80, I will call that a successful sophomore season.

So is the rugby guy on our practise squad or what?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    So is the rugby guy on our practise squad or what?
    Yes

No one has said that he will be awesome because he was the 6th pick.

And if he has a 3000 yards passing season and rushes for another 500 yards, with a passer rating above 80, I will call that a successful sophomore season.
    Now this is the best statement ever made and I am sure a lot of the posters here would agree with you.

Unfortunately though, you would all be contradicting yourselves and don't even realize it.

In 2015, Tyrod threw for over 3000 and over 500 yards rushing. He was never called a success.

In 2016, Tyrod threw for over 3000 and rushed for almost 600 and never was called a success.

His last season, he missed a few games, passed for 2800, ran for 427, and was never called a success.

But for this season, If Allen throws for 3000 and has 500 rushing, Success it is.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Now this is the best statement ever made and I am sure a lot of the posters here would agree with you.

Unfortunately though, you would all be contradicting yourselves and don't even realize it.

In 2015, Tyrod threw for over 3000 and over 500 yards rushing. He was never called a success.

In 2016, Tyrod threw for over 3000 and rushed for almost 600 and never was called a success.

His last season, he missed a few games, passed for 2800, ran for 427, and was never called a success.

But for this season, If Allen throws for 3000 and has 500 rushing, Success it is.
    The difference between those observations is one is a sophomore season showing progression and having all the tools to do much more.
    The other is a 7 year vet finished product game manager.

We're hoping to climb to the peak with Allen, rather than live on the plateau.

Duke Williams is also on the practise squad. He will make the roster once someone hits the IL.

Tbh this might be the most talented practise squad we have had in my time with the bills.

Calling it a sophomore season, to show growth, is an excuse every person makes, to justify the draft pick, while praying for the future. Fact is, Maholmes, Watson, Mayfield, Jackson and other QBs throughout the years balled right out of the gate. We saw what they can do and all they were capable of. For Allen, we saw what he can do and all of us, including me, are hoping it was the entire team around him, that hindered what he is capable of.

Just remember, No team drafts a QB because they can rush for 500 yards a season. They draft them because they expect that QB to throw and the rushing ability is just an added plus. If he throws for under 200 a game, and rushes for a whopping 1000, Allen, as well as the coaching staff, are failures.

To show growth or any promise, Allen has to throw for over 250 a game. In college his senior year, he struggled to throw for over 150 in half the games he played. And if you look at the opponents he faced, then looked how other QBs performed against those same opponents, you would then be even more concerned, because QBs that will never be heard of at the NFL level, threw for over 300 yards against those same opponents. And if people then blame the talent around him in college, then itís all about making excuses for him.

As for my thinking going into this season, I look at the WRís and RBís we have on this team. IMO, I think it would be very easy to assume Barkley, or even Tyrod, would throw for 250 or more per game with this completely overhauled line and weapons to catch and run around them. Therefore Allen has to be at least that much better. If he isnít that good, we will find out week 1.

As for Duke Williams, he did nothing but catch the ball in camp and preseason. The coach and GM then put him on the practice squad for all he has done. However, they then bring Treadwell from Minnesota in for a workout and a chance to make the roster. All treadwell has done is fail to live up to expectations and the Vikings dump him. So in the coach and GMs eyes, just because he was first round pick, they would rather have the failed first round pick and a guy who has shown nothing, make the team, rather than a guy who caught every fade and end zone pass thrown to him all summer long.

So reddit r/nflstreams will likely be shut down this season.

Anyone know reliable streams?

Surprised it took them this long to shut them down.

I might have to fork over the money for Sunday Ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Surprised it took them this long to shut them down.

I might have to fork over the money for Sunday Ticket.
    Never!!!

Same thing happened with r/nbastreams. Looks like reddit uses the streamsubs as leverage to gain partnership opportunities with the league's. They get banned as soon as the league signs reddit on as a marketing partner.

So we lose the free reliable streams, we gain more amazing and fascinating ama's... /s

firstrowsports.eu has good links.

Allen is the first bills qb with 7 consecutive 200 yard passing games since Kelly.

Allen currently at 83.4 passer rating through they first 3 games.

I believe I had said on here that anything over 80 on the year would be a successful season in my Eyes.

3/16 the way there.

Allen currently at 83.4 passer rating through they first 3 games.

I believe I had said on here that anything over 80 on the year would be a successful season in my Eyes.

3/16 the way there.
    What?

Wow, 80, really?

Have you got any idea where 80 ranks according to last season's QBs?

It would have been 30th. Pretty low bar, don't ya think?

Seems to me that a 7th overall draft pick would at least be expected to hit average, which last season was around 94.

That may explain at least some of the differences in expectations between yourself and me.

And for comparisons, Taylor had a raing of 92.5 and averaged 20 TDs while he was here. If Allen can't at least hit those marks this season the criticism from even his biggest supporters is going to start coming.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast