Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Results 256 to 265 of 265
  1. #256
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    697
    Yea some of these other DEs/OLBs will go for more money than Watt, like Ngakoue/von miller/judon.

    I was looking on spotrac, is Takk McKinley legit? I would be ok with Everson Griffin, I know he is older but perhaps we can get him on a one year deal that isn't too bad.

    Maybe Melvin Ingram or Hassan Reddick could be options? This reduced cap is a big problem though.

    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-age...defensive-end/

    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-age...de-linebacker/

  2. #257
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    Yea some of these other DEs/OLBs will go for more money than Watt, like Ngakoue/von miller/judon.

    I was looking on spotrac, is Takk McKinley legit? I would be ok with Everson Griffin, I know he is older but perhaps we can get him on a one year deal that isn't too bad.

    Maybe Melvin Ingram or Hassan Reddick could be options? This reduced cap is a big problem though.

    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-age...defensive-end/

    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-age...de-linebacker/
    Gonna be a weird offseason. A lot of guys will be available at a discount. Weíre in a great place being contenders. If we can free up 10 mil you might be able to get 2 impact players at that cost.

  3. #258
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    697
    Is Kenny Stills on our roster? Or is he a FA?

    With all these waves of cuts, I am really wondering if Smokey is going to restructure his deal.

  4. #259
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    Is Kenny Stills on our roster? Or is he a FA?

    With all these waves of cuts, I am really wondering if Smokey is going to restructure his deal.
    Iím hoping for a lot of restructuring. Would be nice to pickup an impact RB.

  5. #260
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    697
    Extension for Hyde - excellent & well deserved.

  6. #261
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    697
    We released Smokey and Quinton Jefferson.

    Bummer on Smokey, was hoping just for a restructure.

  7. #262
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    We released Smokey and Quinton Jefferson.

    Bummer on Smokey, was hoping just for a restructure.
    Brown's a good player and a good dude, so it is a bummer. But from a calculation standpoint, it's the right move as they have his replacement already on the roster.

    The deal they did with Milano is outstanding. It's clear that he prioritized the culture that the Bills have created over getting maximum dollars on the FA market. I'm not saying that's going to suddenly make Buffalo a hot FA destination, but it's another nail in the coffin of the old perception of a hapless organization that couldn't figure out how to win. Now let's get an impact edge pass rusher!

  8. #263
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    697
    I am beyond thrilled Milano is staying. Win-Win for both sides. And it shows that Buffalo pays their own players. Which should attract people to want to come.

  9. #264
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    61
    The Williams resigning is huge too. Beane is killing it so far! That move has a trickle down effect because it moves Ford to guard, where he's much better suited. I think Ford's transition to the NFL has probably been complicated by (in addition to his injuries) the uncertainty of where the team was going to play him each week.

    I know that they're running short on cap space, but the two FA moves that I'd still like to see happen would be A) an impact edge rusher and B) a veteran TE with something to prove. There are lots of options for the edge rusher out there, but it's just a matter of how expensive they'll be. And while lots of publications are trying to say the Bills should go after a Jonnu Smith or Hunter Henry, I think they'd actually be much better served with an older guy who can still play some but can also mentor Knox. Kyle Rudolph or, if he becomes available, Zach Ertz feel like the right fits to me.

    Other than that, I really think the team can address their limited needs in the draft. I'd like to see them grab a CB in the first round who can compete for the #2 job across from White. Some depth at LB and on the O-line would be good too. I don't buy the argument that we need a RB. I think that Daboll was so excited about Allen's development that he basically ignored the running game all season. Singletary was a pinball who made people miss tackles his entire rookie year. You can't tell me he lost that ability in his 2nd season. I think the thunder/lightning concept of Singletary and Moss is a sound one, but the offense has to give them opportunities to succeed.

  10. #265
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,010
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Bills Fan View Post
    The Williams resigning is huge too. Beane is killing it so far! That move has a trickle down effect because it moves Ford to guard, where he's much better suited. I think Ford's transition to the NFL has probably been complicated by (in addition to his injuries) the uncertainty of where the team was going to play him each week.

    I know that they're running short on cap space, but the two FA moves that I'd still like to see happen would be A) an impact edge rusher and B) a veteran TE with something to prove. There are lots of options for the edge rusher out there, but it's just a matter of how expensive they'll be. And while lots of publications are trying to say the Bills should go after a Jonnu Smith or Hunter Henry, I think they'd actually be much better served with an older guy who can still play some but can also mentor Knox. Kyle Rudolph or, if he becomes available, Zach Ertz feel like the right fits to me.

    Other than that, I really think the team can address their limited needs in the draft. I'd like to see them grab a CB in the first round who can compete for the #2 job across from White. Some depth at LB and on the O-line would be good too. I don't buy the argument that we need a RB. I think that Daboll was so excited about Allen's development that he basically ignored the running game all season. Singletary was a pinball who made people miss tackles his entire rookie year. You can't tell me he lost that ability in his 2nd season. I think the thunder/lightning concept of Singletary and Moss is a sound one, but the offense has to give them opportunities to succeed.
    The RBís werenít to blame for the running game IMO, but they arenít the types of guys that can create that space on their own. Henry is a guy who can do that. If we keep our RB combo then we need to improve the OL run blocking somehow.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •