Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    That's what I'm thinking lol... What other players would Denver do this for? I can't think of only 1, and it's the guy you mentioned. Scrap deserves it and Elway recognized that Harris was woefully underpaid for the majority of his contract. You think Elway is doing this if a guy like Will Parks follows CHJ's lead? Not a chance. Elway would tell almost any other player to kick rocks.

As far as next year, we can worry about that as it gets closer. But we do have quite a bit of cap space next year and if Flacco ***** the bed or if Lock is ready to start, that's another $20 million in cap space. Right now we're projected at having $50 million free next year and that's with keeping Flacco and Leary. Getting rid of those two players alone takes us to about $80 million.

So definitely a lot of the questions of how this team will move forward will be answered on the field. What will Harris look like coming back? How will Flacco look? How quickly does Lock develop? What does Leary look like? How does this team perform (If we're back to winning, CHJ will be here next year... Guaranteed)? It will be interesting because this year is kinda the fork in the road year. Are we getting back to being a contender or do we need to blow it up?
    We won't "blow it up." We don't have to. But it is a litmus test to see just how far/close we are.

The best feeling is that we have our QBOTF and we have a guy that can compete in the meantime. Flacco, while uninspiring lately, does have the best arm since PFM circa 2013.

Oh and Munchak as the OL coach is just a god send. We HAVE to be trending upwards on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    We won't "blow it up." We don't have to. But it is a litmus test to see just how far/close we are.

The best feeling is that we have our QBOTF and we have a guy that can compete in the meantime. Flacco, while uninspiring lately, does have the best arm since PFM circa 2013.

Oh and Munchak as the OL coach is just a god send. We HAVE to be trending upwards on offense.
    Flacco's arm is better than Manning's ever was lol. IDK how he'll do this year though... If I had to wager, I'd guess he'll be pretty pedestrian. I just don't have a ton of faith in Flacco. That said, pedestrian is far better than anything we've had behind center since the Super Bowl lol.

As far as Lock, word is that he's getting better with each practice. He's making mistakes as any rookie will, but he's learning from them. That's what has me so optimistic about this. Unlike the Lynch fiasco, it seems that we actually have a plan to develop a QB. We have a fairly competent starter, and a rookie who's "A nerd for the game". We have the unquestioned starter, and a rookie who's actually willing to put in the effort to get better. Not to mention that we've got a young OC who did a damn good job getting the QB's up to speed in San Francisco

It honestly feels like Elway had this vision for the future since November.

November 23rd - Elway goes to Mizzou to watch Lock

Early January - Broncos try to hire Scangarello but are blocked

January 16th - Elway somehow convinces SF to let Scangarello go to Denver

January 21st -26th - Senior Bowl week with Elway in attendance

February 13th - Elway agrees to trade for Flacco

April 7th - Elway meets with Lock on a pre draft visit

April 26th - Broncos draft Drew Lock

Too much is there for it to be pure happenstance. Elway was tied to Lock since the end of November. Elway literally did something (No one knows what) to get Scangarello after the 49ers refused to let him go. Elway jumped on a Flacco trade a month before the league year started for fear that Washington was close to making a deal for him. Then Elway talks to Lock for a 4th time before ultimately drafting him. The fact that Flacco and Lock have quite a few similarities shouldn't be understated.

What Elway has done this off-season should give every Broncos fan a lot of hope.

Flacco's arm is better than Manning's ever was lol. IDK how he'll do this year though... If I had to wager, I'd guess he'll be pretty pedestrian. I just don't have a ton of faith in Flacco. That said, pedestrian is far better than anything we've had behind center since the Super Bowl lol.

As far as Lock, word is that he's getting better with each practice. He's making mistakes as any rookie will, but he's learning from them. That's what has me so optimistic about this. Unlike the Lynch fiasco, it seems that we actually have a plan to develop a QB. We have a fairly competent starter, and a rookie who's "A nerd for the game". We have the unquestioned starter, and a rookie who's actually willing to put in the effort to get better. Not to mention that we've got a young OC who did a damn good job getting the QB's up to speed in San Francisco

It honestly feels like Elway had this vision for the future since November.

November 23rd - Elway goes to Mizzou to watch Lock

Early January - Broncos try to hire Scangarello but are blocked

January 16th - Elway somehow convinces SF to let Scangarello go to Denver

January 21st -26th - Senior Bowl week with Elway in attendance

February 13th - Elway agrees to trade for Flacco

April 7th - Elway meets with Lock on a pre draft visit

April 26th - Broncos draft Drew Lock

Too much is there for it to be pure happenstance. Elway was tied to Lock since the end of November. Elway literally did something (No one knows what) to get Scangarello after the 49ers refused to let him go. Elway jumped on a Flacco trade a month before the league year started for fear that Washington was close to making a deal for him. Then Elway talks to Lock for a 4th time before ultimately drafting him. The fact that Flacco and Lock have quite a few similarities shouldn't be understated.

What Elway has done this off-season should give every Broncos fan a lot of hope.
    Pure arm strength, sure. But the threat to beat them at any part of the field...yea PFM cira 2013.

Elway worked pure dark magic in that draft. To get a guy, who you have been connected to for months, in the 2nd round...with your 2nd round pick...wowzers. I'm honestly not worried about Lock...let him fail as much as he needs to early go rounds...there is structure in place for him.

John worked his salesman approach to John Lynch....gave them Joe Woods. Ain't no way Kyle was going to give his protege to Elway...Kyle wanted nothing to do with Elway.

I'm just hoping the wunderkind lives up to the hype. Woods following Wade's template didn't work out too well....would Scangerello be different trying to mimic Lil Shanny??

If he does...and is a hit....then we'll be in another issue...cause he'll be HC....

So this training camp/preseason is a bit more interesting for me than in years prior..

Quite a few players (that aren't your typical roster locks) that have garnered my attention.

Troy Fumagalli/Austin Fort- Two TE's that turned some heads thus far. One is "Owen Daniels" like...and the other is an athletic specimen that apparently can block too??

Malik Reed- An edge rusher that has impressive burst/bend that is hard to overlook.

Hollins/Joe Jones as ILB..

Langely as WR....dausby at CB..Yiadom in year 2. Rypien as 3rd string QB...OL prospects such as quinn bailey, Sam Jones. DeMarcus Walker...because I just won't give up on him for that interior rush

One of the rare seasons where watching ALL quarters of the preseason may actually have merit

Justin Hollins the kid we just drafted out of OU. Isnt he an edge rusher??

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    Justin Hollins the kid we just drafted out of OU. Isnt he an edge rusher??

They're trying him inside as well

They're trying him inside as well
    Must have missed that. Should this be worrisome for jewell, Davis and Dineen? Are any of the guys we have inside good enough for fangios D?

Must have missed that. Should this be worrisome for jewell, Davis and Dineen? Are any of the guys we have inside good enough for fangios D?

Hollins and Joe Jones athleticism wise.

The rest aren't really sideline to sideline guys. The book on Jewell was that he was always going to need to be a zone coverage type LB up here.....I honestly believe he'll be fine in Fangio's defense. He isn't the "ideal" LB but his instincts, intellect, + the match zone coverage would suit him quite well.

Dineen will need help. As far as I'm concerned he's redundant with Jewell...but if you can ball..you'll have a spot.

Todd Davis will be okay. Honestly anything coverage related with him isn't ideal..I don't believe he's all that suited in zone coverage either...but I'm pretty sure Fangio won't have him on RB's/TE's as often..

Hollins at ILB will be something to watch throughout the preseason.

Watch Dont'a Hightower vs the Rams. That is how I picture Hollins. Lots of A gap blitzes and disguised coverages. Getting an LB in the 3-4 with some straight line burst that can run some delayed blitzes, or have length and fluidity in short area zones, is something I am very intrigued by. Run fits and getting off blocks in the run game are concerns for me though.

I am shocked and saddened to have learned about the death of Pat Bowlen.

My deepest condolences to the his immediate family and loved ones.

A Reason To Go To The Gym

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    I am shocked and saddened to have learned about the death of Pat Bowlen.

My deepest condolences to the his immediate family and loved ones.

Amen! We were all blessed to have this man as the owner of our beloved team.

RIP to one of the best (arguably the best) owners in all of sports. Nobody knows what the Broncos would've been without him, but I am so glad that I know what the Broncos were with him.

Thanks Pat. Its been an amazing ride. RIP.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    It's a shame he wasn't voted into the HOF a year or two earlier, the voters should be ashamed of themselves. Not only was he WAY more deserving than Jerry Jones and Bobby Beathard, it's been known since 2014 that his time was limited. Best owner in all of sports, not only for his contributions to the team and community but also to the sport.

Im chomping at the bits to see some preseason action!

Im chomping at the bits to see some preseason action!

Starts early this year! July 17th is when players report...19 practices are open to the public this year too. I'll probably make my way to a few of them myself.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213