Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Lev Bell Drama

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Here's something I thought of. Since Bell has not signed the franchise tag, the Steelers can rescind it can't they? And if it's rescinded then they could give him a contract.
    This is true. Any team could sign him.

There are very few teams that could take on the type of contract he's looking for.

There would be a good chance that nobody would want to give him the mega deal he's looking for.

I'd laugh if the Steelers pulled the tag and Bell couldn't land a deal that was better than the tag would have payed him.

Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    This is true. Any team could sign him.

There are very few teams that could take on the type of contract he's looking for.

There would be a good chance that nobody would want to give him the mega deal he's looking for.

I'd laugh if the Steelers pulled the tag and Bell couldn't land a deal that was better than the tag would have payed him.
    Just a note: Le'Veon Bell's cap figure decreases by $853,000 with each passing week that he doesn't sign. The tag number is not fixed. It prorates if a player signs late. Any player the Steelers acquire in a trade for Bell, though, would have a fixed cap figure. This obviously does not account for a long-term deal Bell would later sign (that would have to come after the season, as the franchise tag extension deadline has passed), but it becomes progressively easier to trade Le'Veon from a cap perspective with each passing week.
    POOP

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    Just a note: Le'Veon Bell's cap figure decreases by $853,000 with each passing week that he doesn't sign. The tag number is not fixed. It prorates if a player signs late. Any player the Steelers acquire in a trade for Bell, though, would have a fixed cap figure. This obviously does not account for a long-term deal Bell would later sign (that would have to come after the season, as the franchise tag extension deadline has passed), but it becomes progressively easier to trade Le'Veon from a cap perspective with each passing week.
    The original question was if the Steelers rescinded his tag, since he hasn't signed it yet. He would become a FA and could sign for any team at that point, for any amount he could get.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Here's something I thought of. Since Bell has not signed the franchise tag, the Steelers can rescind it can't they? And if it's rescinded then they could give him a contract.
    I'll double check but I think that there's a trigger that prevents us from resigning him.

PROCESSING

Bell has the right to be angry though at the same time it doesn't seem like the Steelers really need him with Conner.

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter
    Steelers now listening to trade offers for RB Le’Veon Bell, league sources tell ESPN.
    12:54 PM · Sep 23, 2018

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Intriguing, but I'm curious to see who would trade for him considering his situation. I mean, he can't sign a full extension until after the season ends... does that mean he won't play for whoever he signs with until week 11, to do what he can to ensure he doesn't get badly hurt?
    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    Intriguing, but I'm curious to see who would trade for him considering his situation. I mean, he can't sign a full extension until after the season ends... does that mean he won't play for whoever he signs with until week 11, to do what he can to ensure he doesn't get badly hurt?
    I think teams that would chase him in FA would be for trading now to have that 2-month head start in getting a deal done.

PROCESSING

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223