Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: Lev Bell Drama

Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    Great post.

If you remove personel "feelings" out of the equation and just look at the actual numbers, Bell overplayed his hand.

A good GM will not only look at the numbers, but they also will consider his off the field issues.

Bell is one "high" from being suspended for an entire season. That will affect his guaranteed money.

They will also consider his age.

Sure, a crap team may consider signing him to big contract in hopes it will draw revenue from the fans. But it will cripple that team for possible years.
    Well like I said, I think in the end looking at all those numbers the Steelers 'biggest miss' was not more GTD at signing, but even with that they didn't 'miss' by all that much (roughly $4mil).

So now I look at two burning principals:
    ~Was this a play by Bell and his agent to just get away from the Steelers? If so all his talk about wanting to only play for 1 team and 'Steeler for life' talk was BS posturing and fits with his personality of BS-ing.
    ~It is just about the money, which means on principal if he doesn't those three things he's asking for he should continue to sit out, right?

I think the contract he signs this offseason will be telling of which of those two are true.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well considering Pittsburgh's final offer of 5 years at $70 million came with $10 million guaranteed and $33 million in the first two years, his new contract would indeed be better. $45 mil guaranteed >>> $10 million (even > over $33 million in first 2 years) and $85 million divided by 6 years is $14.16 million per year and $70 million over 5 years is only $14 million a year.

I doubt he gets such an insane contract, but if he somehow managed to get such a contract, he would clearly have won this standoff. But I think you could reasonably half the parameters of that contract demand and that's closer to what he'll actually get.
    $10 million guaranteed? My understanding was that Pittsburg was guaranteeing $30 million in 18/19. Where did you get that number?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    $10 million guaranteed? My understanding was that Pittsburg was guaranteeing $30 million in 18/19. Where did you get that number?
    There was a report that the way it worked was a $10mil signing bonus and an $8mil roster bonus on the first day of the league year, so people are parsing it out to make the Steelers look bad in guaranteed money.

Like if you really studied the Gurley contract, he got $24.7mil when he signed, but it was parsed out into about 60% was signing bonus, the rest was a roster bonues, due 6 hours after signing.

Teams do strange things like that all the time because it's a cap trick. The $10mil would have hit the 2017/18 cap, the $8mil would have hit the 2018/19 cap giving the Steelers more cap space in the 2018 offseason so they could bring in other FA's. Doing it all upfront would have either mean they didn't have the available cash for the deal or they wouldn't have had the cap space for even their draft picks.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Well like I said, I think in the end looking at all those numbers the Steelers 'biggest miss' was not more GTD at signing, but even with that they didn't 'miss' by all that much (roughly $4mil).

So now I look at two burning principals:
    ~Was this a play by Bell and his agent to just get away from the Steelers? If so all his talk about wanting to only play for 1 team and 'Steeler for life' talk was BS posturing and fits with his personality of BS-ing.
    ~It is just about the money, which means on principal if he doesn't those three things he's asking for he should continue to sit out, right?

I think the contract he signs this offseason will be telling of which of those two are true.
    Those are very interesting theories.

Considering his "raps", I would lean towards the money.

A saying comes to mind, "don't believe everything you hear, and only half of what you know".

Time will tell what Bells motive truely is, but my honest opinion is that he wants cash, and lots of it.

Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    Those are very interesting theories.

Considering his "raps", I would lean towards the money.

A saying comes to mind, "don't believe everything you hear, and only half of what you know".

Time will tell what Bells motive truely is, but my honest opinion is that he wants cash, and lots of it.
    Best part to that is his old tweet of "If you love this game you don't hold out and you shouldn't care about the money". Guess he doesn't love the game.

PROCESSING

Best part to that is his old tweet of "If you love this game you don't hold out and you shouldn't care about the money". Guess he doesn't love the game.
    I love my job, doesnít mean to donít want to make more doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I love my job, doesnít mean to donít want to make more doing it.
    Sorry here's exactly what he said:
    If youu could sit out a year of a sport youu play and your not injured or somethin else is preventing youu to play, then youu don't love it!

PROCESSING

There was a report that the way it worked was a $10mil signing bonus and an $8mil roster bonus on the first day of the league year, so people are parsing it out to make the Steelers look bad in guaranteed money.

Like if you really studied the Gurley contract, he got $24.7mil when he signed, but it was parsed out into about 60% was signing bonus, the rest was a roster bonues, due 6 hours after signing.

Teams do strange things like that all the time because it's a cap trick. The $10mil would have hit the 2017/18 cap, the $8mil would have hit the 2018/19 cap giving the Steelers more cap space in the 2018 offseason so they could bring in other FA's. Doing it all upfront would have either mean they didn't have the available cash for the deal or they wouldn't have had the cap space for even their draft picks.
    Thanks... so what was the total guaranteed money?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    Thanks... so what was the total guaranteed money?
    $10mil signing
    $8mil roster

Both would have been payed in the first week.

Another $12mil in vesting guarantees past that which would have totaled $30mil (there are some reports of $35mil here).

PROCESSING

Sorry here's exactly what he said:
    Something is preventing him though, money.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Something is preventing him though, money.
    Not really.

PROCESSING

Not really.
    To you. To him, different story.

Why is this thread 50 pages?
    Believe the hype. The Baker has come.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Why is this thread 50 pages?
    because 749 posts all on one page would get cumbersome?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950