Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 76 1231151 ... LastLast

2018 In Season News, Discussion, and Random Football thoughts

Regular season starts soon!

PROCESSING

Eagles by fiddy.

Remember when PSD said Carr was the next Brady and the Raiders D led by Mack would be a terror for years to come?

Looks like full rebuild now... Gotta wonder why they wanted AJ McC. Wonder where Carr is going.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Remember when PSD said Carr was the next Brady and the Raiders D led by Mack would be a terror for years to come?

Looks like full rebuild now... Gotta wonder why they wanted AJ McC. Wonder where Carr is going.
    I have been around for a good awhile and even Moderate the Raider subforum. I dont remember anyone ever saying Carr was the next Brady.

Now Mack terrorizing for years to come sure. Mack looked like a Raider for life till the offseason. Times change. Sucks but we move on.

Why do you assume we are in a full rebuild? The Raider traded Mack but we have plenty of talent to win now. Because we are the oldest team? 39 of our players are under 30. Plenty of youth mixed in with vets.

If you have questions about our roster ok I get it. I also get that Gruden is building the team to his liking but still dont see this as a rebuild.

Never Forget

People had Carr in the 2016 MVP conversation before he got hurt, and Brady won 2017 MVP after Wentz got hurt. So I guess that makes Carr the next Brady.

Lol I remember how much hate I got from Raiders fans and Norm for saying that Bradley Roby was better than Amerson.

Sorry Norm! Wanted to comment to you in the other thread but it's looked now lol

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    People had Carr in the 2016 MVP conversation before he got hurt, and Brady won 2017 MVP after Wentz got hurt. So I guess that makes Carr the next Brady.
    Even if Carr didnt get hurt he probably wasnt going to get it but he was worthy of the discussion. I just remember anyone comparing Carr to the next Brady and I have seen a lot of comments regarding Raiders QBs over the years. I remember the 1K+ post on whos better McGloin or Carr and even in there never saw comments like that from Raider fans.

Never Forget

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Lol I remember how much hate I got from Raiders fans and Norm for saying that Bradley Roby was better than Amerson.

Sorry Norm! Wanted to comment to you in the other thread but it's looked now lol
    I remember Amersons first year with Oakland he was really good. Was pretty underated. That season Amerson was better then Roby. Now Roby got better and Amerson declined and now Amerson is jobless and Roby is looking good still.

Never Forget

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    I remember Amersons first year with Oakland he was really good. Was pretty underated. That season Amerson was better then Roby. Now Roby got better and Amerson declined and now Amerson is jobless and Roby is looking good still.
    Yeah that's what the discussion was about lol. Roby and Amerson were pretty even that year and I was arguing that Roby was better. Raiders fans thought Amerson was going to be a stalwart of their defense for years, and that view was misguided.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Even if Carr didnt get hurt he probably wasnt going to get it but he was worthy of the discussion. I just remember anyone comparing Carr to the next Brady and I have seen a lot of comments regarding Raiders QBs over the years. I remember the 1K+ post on whos better McGloin or Carr and even in there never saw comments like that from Raider fans.
    As someone who thinks Carr is supremely overrated and has thought that since he was drafted, I've been in most of the Carr discussions in the main. I've never seen anyone compare him to Brady... Not even Jason, who is the biggest Carr cheerleader I've ever talked to.

The right wingers are mad at Nike for hiring Colin Kaepernick. They should have been mad at Nike years ago when it came out that they use Chinese child labor to manufacture their product. Unfortunately, that's probably common practice among clothing companies (including the Kathy Lee Gifford story).

Adrian Peterson is the starting RB in Washington. I'm surprised he even made the team.

The ad for tonight's game says "You never know how the season is going to end." That was probably the NFL taking a shot at the NBA. But it's justified; the Golden State Warriors are like the Harlem Globetrotters, and the rest of the teams are the Washington Generals. All that's missing is the bucket of confetti and the fat referee.

As talented as Earl is i kinda wish we traded him he acted very immature about his contract dealings.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    The right wingers are mad at Nike for hiring Colin Kaepernick. They should have been mad at Nike years ago when it came out that they use Chinese child labor to manufacture their product. Unfortunately, that's probably common practice among clothing companies (including the Kathy Lee Gifford story).

Adrian Peterson is the starting RB in Washington. I'm surprised he even made the team.

The ad for tonight's game says "You never know how the season is going to end." That was probably the NFL taking a shot at the NBA. But it's justified; the Golden State Warriors are like the Harlem Globetrotters, and the rest of the teams are the Washington Generals. All that's missing is the bucket of confetti and the fat referee.
    I'm not surprised AP is starting. He looked good against us in preseason. If he stays healthy, I think he might run for over 1,000 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    As talented as Earl is i kinda wish we traded him he acted very immature about his contract dealings.
    I wish you guys traded him too so that he didn't suit up against us on Sunday lol

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I'm not surprised AP is starting. He looked good against us in preseason. If he stays healthy, I think he might run for over 1,000 this year.
    I hope. Grabbed in in all 5 leagues.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Page 1 of 76 1231151 ... LastLast