Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    Raiders already have a much better Defense removing incompetence JDR and hiring Guenther did that already ✅

Question is how good could it have been with Mack at DE over Tank Carradine? I say it all depends on how much pressure Guenther can get with pressure blitzes on key plays compared to how many plays Mack would have made on his own. We will see

Grudens a genius if we beat Rams and a bum if we lose right?
    Winning solves all problems and doubt. If Raiders beat Rams thats a good step in the right direction. Still has more to prove. If we lose but its very close Id still be pissed but I hopefully can see the direction the team is going. Now if we get beat down hard week 1 ill just /shrug and hope out picks next year land us some good players. Maybe that last bit is a little over dramatic but you get the point.

With all the potential suitors for Mack, Reggie negotiated with an out of conference team that has to compete with A A-Ron and purple people eaters and donít sleep on the lions. I hate trading Mack but letís hope they finish no better than 3rd in their division so we get a top ten pick from them over the next two years.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Winning solves all problems and doubt. If Raiders beat Rams thats a good step in the right direction. Still has more to prove. If we lose but its very close Id still be pissed but I hopefully can see the direction the team is going. Now if we get beat down hard week 1 ill just /shrug and hope out picks next year land us some good players. Maybe that last bit is a little over dramatic but you get the point.
    We wonít be out coached I know that

Hopefully the defense plays better as a whole than Mack did by himself. Preseason looked promising but it was preseason and take it with a half grain of salt. The rest of the D line looks more talented than it has in years so with Guntherís scheme maybe weíll be decent.

Miller and Penn better not let Carr get murdered. My biggest worry atm

Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    Hopefully the defense plays better as a whole than Mack did by himself. Preseason looked promising but it was preseason and take it with a half grain of salt. The rest of the D line looks more talented than it has in years so with Guntherís scheme maybe weíll be decent.

Miller and Penn better not let Carr get murdered. My biggest worry atm
    I really like PJ, Hurst and Key. I am not overly worried about our Dline. It is much improved from the trash pile we had in previous years. A real defensive coordinator will be clutch. We just need solid secondary play and we should improve greatly. The bears will be awful , and are deff the worst team in their division. You can always count on Chicago to get high draft picks. Overall this deal sets us up with a ton of flexibility and draft picks in the future.

I do agree with you though, my bigger worry is if Penn can translate at RT and Miller take the reigns at LT

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...akland-raiders

Wow Mack has to play like a $38m dollar a year player great economics perspective. Paying a DE this kind of money when you have a franchise qb contract has never been before for a reason folks

Beat the Lambs!!!!

Oakland will contend this year in the division. Make it or not, Gruden has been told to have a great team by the time when they go to Vegas... I was there... Mark D was on the grill and Reggie was serving drinks..! Me and Chucky was golfing and Im all filled in. They just wanted me to let Y'all know this.
    Dogdaddy

My last reply on this thread because like the Raiders we have to move on and play with the guys that are here. Pat Kirwin; former jets GM and Jim Miller; former QB for a bunch of nfl teams, just had the discussion on Sirius radio that currently no nfl team has 2 guys making over 20 million a year. The Patriots make a living on not paying guys. Do you think Belichick would have paid Mack crazy money or taken the draft compensation the Bears offered?

Quote Originally Posted by RC RAIDER View Post
    My last reply on this thread because like the Raiders we have to move on and play with the guys that are here. Pat Kirwin; former jets GM and Jim Miller; former QB for a bunch of nfl teams, just had the discussion on Sirius radio that currently no nfl team has 2 guys making over 20 million a year. The Patriots make a living on not paying guys. Do you think Belichick would have paid Mack crazy money or taken the draft compensation the Bears offered?
    Bill tells all the players itís a players game. Heís lying to make them feel good. itís chess itís a coaches game thatís why he doesnít pay them more.

Quote Originally Posted by RC RAIDER View Post
    Yea, Heard them talk about it. Thought Pat would roast the decision, But he didn't. He kinda was saying he didn't believe Mack was worth what the Bears gave up, He said Reggie White was great, He felt Mack wasn't Reggie. He didn't want to say the Raiders did good, Cause as he said you cant. You don't know what we do with those picks, so he reserved judgement.

Really, I was heart broken for about a hour. But, I knew putting that money toward a defensive player is foolish. No one is worth that money on defense, Sad but true. Defense is about a solid unit, more then one super star.. It sucks losing Mack, But getting two first round picks for a non QB is unheard of and we should be praising this deal.

Patriots (Belichick) paid Richard Seymour, at the time highest paid player (defense) in the league but ok carry on your narrative

We should have never given up that second round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    We should have never given up that second round pick.
    Can't agree more. But oh well. I'm ready for the Rams game thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Patriots (Belichick) paid Richard Seymour, at the time highest paid player (defense) in the league but ok carry on your narrative
    To be fair thatís a good point but the context was different, nfl cap jumped 16% in 2006 and it was $8.8 salary so Bradyís was $14 so 24 out of total cap 102 so itís still significant proportion. Carr 25 Mack 23.5 out of 177 still tops it. Has Belicheck ever done that again? Obviously traded Seymour before his decline to us lol

Page 28 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast