Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778
Results 1,156 to 1,160 of 1160
    I loved Mack but when a player makes a financial decision for himself and his family, it's hard to blame him. Football careers are short and he cashed in. I know deep down he sees what the Raiders are doing and wishes he could be a part of it!!!

The Bears D is a shell of what it was last season. Mack is in "conserve my body" mode. Sorry, I lost respect for him when he didn't serve his last year under contract. Mayock an Gruden get an A+ for handling his situation.

Quote Originally Posted by RC RAIDER View Post
    I loved Mack but when a player makes a financial decision for himself and his family, it's hard to blame him. Football careers are short and he cashed in. I know deep down he sees what the Raiders are doing and wishes he could be a part of it!!!
    All very true. But "cashing in" for $141M for any defensive player makes it very difficult to build a winning roster. Gruden and Mayock did the right thing for the Raiders. And did he really need that much?? I make a lot less than that and I am not missing any meals. I think he could have got by just fine on whatever the Raiders were offering. And been on a team on the upswing instead of a downward trajectory.
    The autumn wind is a Raider

The Bears are absolutely garbage right now and they have no money to re-sign or pay anyone. They also have no draft picks to fill all the holes on that team. They went out and spent record money on Mack and then gave Robinson 14m a year when they have no QB (or resources for one). Gruden did the right thing by unloading him during that state in a rebuild. Mayock was not on the Raiders roster during this time frame, I like the guy but he is not in the conversation yet.

Over time, people has warmed up to the decision that Gruden made to trade Mack. Almost all because of Mack's lack of production this year. It was still brilliant even if Mack was atop of the sacks stat sheet. You don't build teams from the bottom up by giving qb money to a defensive lineman.
    Dogdaddy

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778