Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Raiders 2019 Rookie Class - statistical comparison.

We might be looking at one of our greatest Rookie Classes we've ever had. I thought we should do a statistical comparison of the Rookie class compared to other rookies taken in the draft.

Rushing.
    Josh Jacobs - RB - 1st in - attempts 168, yards 811, TDs 7, Yds/gm 90.1, 40+ runs 2, 20+ runs 5.

Receiving
    Hunter Renfrow - WR - 6th in receptions 28, 10th in yds 299, 9th in TDs 2. (ranks among WRs)
    Foster Moreau - TE - 5th in receptions 14, yards 134, 1st in TDs 3. (ranks among TEs)

Defensive Lineman
    Maxx Crosby - 6th in tackles 23, 5th in sacks 2.5
    Clelin Ferrell - 6th in tackles 23, 4th in sacks 3.5

DBs
    Trayvon Mullen - 17th in tackles with 20. in limited time.
    I'm sure Jonathan Abram would've led in most statistical categories if he was healthy.
    Isaiah Johnson has also been missing most of the year. We'll see what the rookie can do in the coming weeks.
    Last edited by GeniusLoci; 11-13-2019 at 03:44 PM.

First suckers!

"...prone to stoogery.".

PFF is grading Josh Jacobs above Nick Bosa through 10 weeks...

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-highest...l-week-10-2019

Quote Originally Posted by GeniusLoci View Post
    PFF is grading Josh Jacobs above Nick Bosa through 10 weeks...

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-highest...l-week-10-2019
    Is that supposed to mean something? I would take Bosa over Jacobs 7 days out of the week

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

After looking through our drafts in the 60ís and 70ís the other day just to compare. these kids best just keep their heads down and ignore the hyperbole. We hope for big things but they will only go as far as the team they are on.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    After looking through our drafts in the 60ís and 70ís the other day just to compare. these kids best just keep their heads down and ignore the hyperbole. We hope for big things but they will only go as far as the team they are on.
    I think it's more of a testament to the eye-for-talent that Mayock and Gruden possess that excites us the most. Somehow they balance each other well and have given us quality players from this year's draft... and we have 5 picks in the the first and 3rd round in the coming draft. That's what excites us fans.

I was looking at a review of Kolton Miller's game-film recently on YouTube (btw, there's this guy named Sanjit T that does some awesome film breakdown of Raiders players on YouTube) and I think Kolton might be the best tackle from last year's draft, even better than McGlinchey. Whatever we're doing, whether it's drafting or development, we're on the right track.

Quote Originally Posted by GeniusLoci View Post
    I think it's more of a testament to the eye-for-talent that Mayock and Gruden possess that excites us the most. Somehow they balance each other well and have given us quality players from this year's draft... and we have 5 picks in the the first and 3rd round in the coming draft. That's what excites us fans.

I was looking at a review of Kolton Miller's game-film recently on YouTube (btw, there's this guy named Sanjit T that does some awesome film breakdown of Raiders players on YouTube) and I think Kolton might be the best tackle from last year's draft, even better than McGlinchey. Whatever we're doing, whether it's drafting or development, we're on the right track.
    Mayock will need to keep knocking those drafts out of the park if we are to be a contender. One draft won't do it. I said it on the other thread about Cable but Trent Brown has had a huge impact on teaching the OL some techniques he's learned in NE and also at clinics but i'll add Incognito had been Koltons big brother and helped him add a mean streak. Kolton got beat badly for a sack against Chargers on TNF by Ingram he needs to find a way to not have those plays on key 3rd downs. Its a big development hurdle for him when Carr has to obviously go deeper on a play. But Koltons definitely the most improved T in NFL this year.

With regards to best OT from 2018 draft I still think its Orlando Brown Jnr in Baltimore his PFF grade is +5 points over Miller this year. He's impossible to bull rush at 350lbs his anchor is concrete..

Mayock will need to keep knocking those drafts out of the park if we are to be a contender. One draft won't do it. I said it on the other thread about Cable but Trent Brown has had a huge impact on teaching the OL some techniques he's learned in NE and also at clinics but i'll add Incognito had been Koltons big brother and helped him add a mean streak. Kolton got beat badly for a sack against Chargers on TNF by Ingram he needs to find a way to not have those plays on key 3rd downs. Its a big development hurdle for him when Carr has to obviously go deeper on a play. But Koltons definitely the most improved T in NFL this year.

With regards to best OT from 2018 draft I still think its Orlando Brown Jnr in Baltimore his PFF grade is +5 points over Miller this year. He's impossible to bull rush at 350lbs his anchor is concrete..
    I think Kolten Miller overall is playing really well. Very solid pick up by Gruden. Having an LT who is holding down the edge as a starter and still very young is really a valuable commodity. He has got beat a couple times this year, sure but that is to be expected. We have also faced some of the best pass rushers in the NFL already this year in Ingram, Bosa, Mack, Von Miller, Frank Clark, Everson Griffin, Preston Smith, JJ Watt - that is a pretty daunting group of pass rushers. So far Miller and the O-Line as a whole have been very impressive keeping Carr clean despite facing some of the best in the business.

I would be pumped if we got another multiple sack came out of C. Ferrell this week. That might give the kid confidence and turn him into our show piece on the edge. If either him or Mad Max Crosby can start commanding double teams it will open it up for the rest of our defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Is that supposed to mean something? I would take Bosa over Jacobs 7 days out of the week

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    You read way to much into his posting. The fact that Jacobs is doing this well as a rookie is a big deal for the Raiders. The Raiders are not 5-4 without Jacobs IMO.

Great post Loci! We cant forget Ingold, not drafted, but he might be a Pro Bowler. I'd say we're golden with Mayock at GM.

I think our best drafts in that era are 68 and 71. Quite a few HOFs in there, and some that should be. We did have 17 picks back then too. Lot fewer picks these days to get it right. We have every reason to believe 2019 was a home run draft. I dont remember so many rookies, not just contributing, but excelling in their positions, ever.

Running QB in Baltimore makes grading offensive linemen difficult because defenders look to contain and not pin their ears back.

I am in awe of how good our rookie class is. My 1st jersey purchased this year was Jacobs. I love his story and his running style has been the reason we are winning games. My second jersey on order is Madd Maxx!!! I think he might be the next Jarrod Allen. Long arms, twitchy and bends like gumby. We haven't even seen what Abram can do! Mullen is why we shipped Conley out. Clelin has moved all over the defensive front and has pressured and batted down passes. Foster and Renfrow have been huge surprises. Ingold is a FA gem and Johnson is just getting a little playing time. We've all been waiting for a class light this. Can't wait to see what we do in next years draft!

PFF OAK Raiders
    @PFF_Raiders
    Trayvon Mullen put forth the best game of his season in Week 11. Here are some numbers from his performance:

-91.5 grade led all #Raiders
    -saw 7 targets, 4 receptions, 1 int, 1 PBU, 24.4 passer rating when targeted
    -91.7 coverage grade led all NFL CBs playing 50% of snaps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast