Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I've moved to the point of not wanting him. He's a train wreck.
    I think he's trying to do everything to get the Steelers to trade him.

If Brown comes here, Rice will immediately take him under his wing and teach him how to be a professional.
    Last edited by rapjuicer06; 02-12-2019 at 02:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post

If Brown comes here, Rice will immediately take him under his wing and teach him how to be a professional.
    At 31 years old and being in the league for 8 years, if he has to be taught how to be a professional, then he's not a guy I'd want. I love Rice, but he didn't exactly teach T.O. how to be a professional. Thats not on Rice either. I'm just saying it wouldn't be easy to change someone like Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    At 31 years old and being in the league for 8 years, if he has to be taught how to be a professional, then he's not a guy I'd want. I love Rice, but he didn't exactly teach T.O. how to be a professional. Thats not on Rice either. I'm just saying it wouldn't be easy to change someone like Brown.
    Scenery changes can be good for a player. Randy Moss really put away a lot of the nonsense in New England.

Maybe the social media stuff and the weird dying of the mustache, but I doubt that the legal issues are him trying to get out of Pittsburgh. I'm actually more concerned with the locker room stuff (not showing up or showing up late to practice, acting like he's above the team, etc.). We have a lot of young players and I don't want that to spread to them.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Scenery changes can be good for a player. Randy Moss really put away a lot of the nonsense in New England.
    Randy Moss went to an established Super Bowl winning team with a lot of experienced veterans and a no nonsense head coach. Brown would be going to a young team with a relatively new head coach and a young QB who hasn't played an entire season. I think that we'd be more likely to see Brown negativity impact the team than the team turn Brown around.

Maybe the social media stuff and the weird dying of the mustache, but I doubt that the legal issues are him trying to get out of Pittsburgh. I'm actually more concerned with the locker room stuff (not showing up or showing up late to practice, acting like he's above the team, etc.). We have a lot of young players and I don't want that to spread to them.
    All good receivers can/are divas it seems. I don't see that as a problem. I actually think Brown coming here would be great for his career.

I think him being put into a leadership role, rather than have Big Ben being the leader over in Pittsburgh, who doesn't have just 1 disgruntled star, but 2...I think it's more or less that team/leadership there than the players.
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Randy Moss went to an established Super Bowl winning team with a lot of experienced veterans and a no nonsense head coach. Brown would be going to a young team with a relatively new head coach and a young QB who hasn't played an entire season. I think that we'd be more likely to see Brown negativity impact the team than the team turn Brown around.
    See to me him going to a team with a young coach and a young Qb - that would equate the team relying HEAVILY on Brown, which is what he wants. It'll go right into his wheel house. To me, it's the perfect situation.

Not sure how many on this board listen to KNBR and all of their shows/podcasts, but this reminds me of a recent Steve Young story.

He said Moss told him this when they're doing their studio gigs or on field gigs.

When he got to New England, he was forced to memorize plays and he never really did any of that. So on the practice field, Brady was so upset, that he would tell Moss to leave the field, and don't come back until you understand it. Moss was confused about leaving the field during practice. Brady insisted. So Moss left. He would half ars study some things, and then come back out. He'd still get it wrong, and the team wouldn't let him practice until he got it fully. Moss says its the first time he really actually studied.

Just goes to tell you how precise things are done in New England, and probably not anywhere else.
    LA Kings : Kovalchuk
    LA Lakers: Lebron James
    SF 49ers: Jimmy G
    SF Giants: ????

agree. The 49ers do need to massively upgrade their talent, and sadly I don't think Brown or OBJ are worth the headache.. but they do need like 1-2 more impact players on offense and 3-4 more on defense, otherwise it's another sorry season.
    LA Kings : Kovalchuk
    LA Lakers: Lebron James
    SF 49ers: Jimmy G
    SF Giants: ????

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Not sure how many on this board listen to KNBR and all of their shows/podcasts, but this reminds me of a recent Steve Young story.

He said Moss told him this when they're doing their studio gigs or on field gigs.

When he got to New England, he was forced to memorize plays and he never really did any of that. So on the practice field, Brady was so upset, that he would tell Moss to leave the field, and don't come back until you understand it. Moss was confused about leaving the field during practice. Brady insisted. So Moss left. He would half ars study some things, and then come back out. He'd still get it wrong, and the team wouldn't let him practice until he got it fully. Moss says its the first time he really actually studied.

Just goes to tell you how precise things are done in New England, and probably not anywhere else.
    Love this story and that insight into a winning organization.

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    agree. The 49ers do need to massively upgrade their talent, and sadly I don't think Brown or OBJ are worth the headache.. but they do need like 1-2 more impact players on offense and 3-4 more on defense, otherwise it's another sorry season.
    I agree with you Lefty. I think we need to add a quality WR on offense. On defense, I think that we need to add 3-4 quality players with edge rusher and free safety at the top of the list.

Also a possibility, but nobody can say for sure. Just putting it out there that we can't assume any behavior continuation for any player when they move out of a situation they're unhappy in. Good players can regress, bad boys can reform, legal issues can stop or get worse.

Brown's biggest issues seem to be with Tomlin and Ben and has shown favorable feelings towards guys like Kittle on social media. To me, happy player coming in has a solid shot at staying happy for awhile.

Also a possibility, but nobody can say for sure. Just putting it out there that we can't assume any behavior continuation for any player when they move out of a situation they're unhappy in. Good players can regress, bad boys can reform, legal issues can stop or get worse.

Brown's biggest issues seem to be with Tomlin and Ben and has shown favorable feelings towards guys like Kittle on social media. To me, happy player coming in has a solid shot at staying happy for awhile.
    My thoughts exactly.

All good receivers can/are divas it seems. I don't see that as a problem. I actually think Brown coming here would be great for his career.

I think him being put into a leadership role, rather than have Big Ben being the leader over in Pittsburgh, who doesn't have just 1 disgruntled star, but 2...I think it's more or less that team/leadership there than the players.
    I tend to agree. Shanahan seems to be a players coach. With the 49ers being a team he wants to be with that might increase his focus and decrease the likelihood of his antics hurting the team.
    RUN AS ONE
    ITS THE ROCKETS TIME 2 SHINE
    2019 NBA CHAMPION ROCKETS (COMING TO AN ARENA NEAR YOU)

If they can acquire him without having to pay too steep of a price "Tony Toe-Tap" would be welcomed with open arms. There's no way this guy isn't capable of dominating for a few more years
    [CENTER]Leafs/Jays/Raptors/49ers

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455