Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I don't see that as free agency going in our favor. We shouldn't add two starting edge rushers in free agency. That's the strength of the draft. We need to add a premiere FS in free agency instead of two top dollar edge rushers. In my opinion, we should focus our top dollar contracts on a FS and ONE edge rusher. Get the second edge rusher in the draft.

Dream scenario:

Earl Thomas
    Clowney
    Draft Bosa

Bosa/Buckner/Thomas/Clowney as a line sounds fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by J_mitch View Post
    I was just giving a hypothetical situation. But if you have a chance to improve your team weakness before the draft you do it. And try to get BPA in the draft if possible.
    I agree. I think though that in this particular draft, we can hedge in free agency because we know we’ll get a top edge rusher having the number 2 pick.
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”

- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by J_mitch View Post
    I was just giving a hypothetical situation. But if you have a chance to improve your team weakness before the draft you do it. And try to get BPA in the draft if possible.
    Right. What I'm saying is that we know for a fact that BPA at #2 overall in the draft will be an edge rusher (assuming that Quinnen Williams isn't on our radar). Since we know that, we shouldn't double up on it in free agency. Our money is best spent elsewhere.

I hate to be a Debby downer but Ford, Clowney, Clark, and Lawrence are not reaching FA, literally zero chance, if they can’t come to terms on a long term deal they will all be franchise tagged. Dante Fowler is the only likely young edge rusher that might be available and he’ll probably get paid a ton because of it, if the Rams don’t tag him. However, that doesn’t mean we can’t improve our edge rushers in FA, but our best options are veteran players that could compliment whoever we take a 2nd overall. Ziggy, Brandon Graham, Cameron Wake, and Bruce Irvin all would make sense. There’s also a few guys available that have underperformed due to injury or they’re blocked by better players that may be worth a gamble at the right price like Markus Golden, Shaq Barrett, Shane Ray, and even Dion Jordan. You also never know who may get cut, Olivier Vernon is a name to keep an eye on. So, even though the top guys won’t be available there are plenty of options we will likely still explore before the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Christmas View Post

Dream scenario:

Earl Thomas
    Clowney
    Draft Bosa

Bosa/Buckner/Thomas/Clowney as a line sounds fantastic.
    Clowney won't hit free agency. Dream, but more realistic scenario:

Earl Thomas
    Ezekiel Ansah (or Fowler)
    Josh Allen (or Bosa)

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    I hate to be a Debby downer but Ford, Clowney, Clark, and Lawrence are not reaching FA, literally zero chance, if they can’t come to terms on a long term deal they will all be franchise tagged. Dante Fowler is the only likely young edge rusher that might be available and he’ll probably get paid a ton because of it, if the Rams don’t tag him. However, that doesn’t mean we can’t improve our edge rushers in FA, but our best options are veteran players that could compliment whoever we take a 2nd overall. Ziggy, Brandon Graham, Cameron Wake, and Bruce Irvin all would make sense. There’s also a few guys available that have underperformed due to injury or they’re blocked by better players that may be worth a gamble at the right price like Markus Golden, Shaq Barrett, Shane Ray, and even Dion Jordan. You also never know who may get cut, Olivier Vernon is a name to keep an eye on. So, even though the top guys won’t be available there are plenty of options we will likely still explore before the draft.
    Ezekiel Ansah seems to make the most sense. The injury history might get him to come at a bargain and there is the Martin Mayhew connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Ezekiel Ansah seems to make the most sense. The injury history might get him to come at a bargain and there is the Martin Mayhew connection.
    For sure, and I believe Lynch even admitted there was interest before he was franchised last year. An incentive laden one or two year deal would make sense for both sides imo.

''Sig by Johnle''

Local news said Steelers are shopping AB for a 2nd round pick. Still don't think I'd do it.

I do a 2nd.

I’m in for a second without hesitation

I'd do it for a 2nd as well.

Sign ET and Donte Fowler. I don't think Ansah will benefit us very much.

The trade for Brown and draft Bosa/Allen. Holy hell what an offseason that would be.

Replace Garçon with Brown.

JG is back

McKinnon is back

Kittle/Juice/Goodwin/Brieda...mismatches galore

Fowler/Allen/Thomas

Secondary is a ton better as in the pass rush.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

I'm also cutting Armstead, Garçon, Marsh, Gilliam, Smith, Coyle.

Freeing up 31,000,000

Extend Buckner

And flippin pay ET big money
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

1st - Josh Allen olb/de
    2nd - trade for Brown
    3rd - Hakeem Butler WR
    4th - TJ Edwards Mike

Rams showed why stopping the run remains relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Rams showed why stopping the run remains relevant.
    And having a good run game

Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast