Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    Arizona Head Coach said previously he'd take Kyler number 1 overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Baseball of America has him listed as 5'11
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    thinking... Isn't ward's contract over? Hopefully they let him walk.
    Correct, Ward is a free agent.

Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    5'9" wow you'd have to make sure your o line wasn't too tall either hows he gonna see over them? I highly doubt anybody would use anything higher then a late 3rd round flier on him.
    I mean, his whole OL was 6'3 or 6'4. Didnt seem to have any problems. All depends on having a coach who can accentuate his skill set.

Russell Wilson was a pro-style QB out of Wisconsin that threw for 3175 yards and 33 TDs, 4 INTs with a 73% completion rate. He also rushed for 338 yards and 6 TDs. Even his sophomore and junior season at NC State were pretty good. If he was 6'3 instead of the listed 5'10, he would have been, at the very least, a second round pick and probably a first rounder.

Murray had an amazing season but I see teams looking at him as a 3rd rounder. Possibly a late second round flyer pick. The arm talent is there and he sees the field well.

No way Murray goes in the third round. The kid has too much talent and Wilson already proved that height isnít a problem In the nfl

Quote Originally Posted by D1JM View Post
    No way Murray goes in the third round. The kid has too much talent and Wilson already proved that height isnít a problem In the nfl
    You would think that but guys like Doug Flutie and Drew Brees didn't pave much of a way for Wilson. When it comes down to it, teams are obsessed with the prototypical measurements for a player.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    You would think that but guys like Doug Flutie and Drew Brees didn't pave much of a way for Wilson. When it comes down to it, teams are obsessed with the prototypical measurements for a player.
    Murray is a more athletic Wilson. Doesn't have the same arm strength in my opinion, but I think they are extremely comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I mean, his whole OL was 6'3 or 6'4. Didnt seem to have any problems. All depends on having a coach who can accentuate his skill set.
    The average height of offensive lineman is 6' 5'' in NFL according to google. Some will be taller others shorter I suppose but you'd have to at least consider it. However if he's 5' 11 instead I guess moot point as that's taller then Russell and he's a stud.
    Vancouver Canucks
    Toronto Blue Jays
    San Francisco 49's

QBís always get pushed up the board, and Iím sure Murray will be no different. It wouldnít shock me at all to see Haskins and Murray both go top 5, hopefully one goes 1st overall to leave us Bosa.

I havenít looked into the specific players but everything Iíve read has indicated that this is a deep TE class. I know itís low on the list of needs but, depending on what we do in FA, adding a playmaker to replace Celek wouldnít be a bad thing, especially in the red zone. Philadelphia is a good example of how it could help, having drafted Goedert to replace Brent Celek, after already having Ertz.

Listen, this is just a thought I had, I'm not saying I would or wouldn't do this but I just wanted to hear your opinions on it:

Say if Kyler Murray backs out of baseball and gives his commitment to football, doesn't go to spring training, gives back the signing bonus and participates in the combine....would anyone entertain the possibility of trading Jimmy G and drafting Murray?

Even coming off an ACL injury we can still get a solid haul of draft picks for Jimmy and would get out from that massive contract and get a cost controlled contract for the next 4-5 years

I don't know the exact numbers on a Jimmy G trade but if I read correctly if we trade him before June 1st our dead cap number would be $5.6 million for 2019, I could be wrong on the numbers so if someone wants to correct me please do so but the overall point being possible cap savings

Also Jimmy G still has value NOW even after the ACL injury, if next season he gets hurt again or plays sub-par football who would take that contract then?

Now this topic is a mute point depending on how you feel about Murray, if you think his size is a real problem then I understand your opposition, but for me personally the size isn't a bother and frankly I think the combination of pure arm talent, progression reads, pocket awareness and elusiveness, plus elite rushing ability is a package, that at the very least, is worth a discussion

Obviously the risk factor is through the roof and I highly doubt the Niners brass would go through with it but the potential haul of draft picks for Jimmy G plus additional cap space to make upgrades for our interior o-line, pass rush, secondary, offensive skill positions and the upside of a player like Murray could reset our timeline and potentially give us a wider window of success..........or, we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot and have to start over from scratch again, hence the massive risk

I'm more of a basketball guy then a football guy but I'm still a Niners fan nevertheless and I haven't heard much discussion on this issue so if you guys could give me your thoughts and opinions that be much thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    I havenít looked into the specific players but everything Iíve read has indicated that this is a deep TE class. I know itís low on the list of needs but, depending on what we do in FA, adding a playmaker to replace Celek wouldnít be a bad thing, especially in the red zone. Philadelphia is a good example of how it could help, having drafted Goedert to replace Brent Celek, after already having Ertz.
    Noah Fant. Remember that name come the combine.

Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    Listen, this is just a thought I had, I'm not saying I would or wouldn't do this but I just wanted to hear your opinions on it:

Say if Kyler Murray backs out of baseball and gives his commitment to football, doesn't go to spring training, gives back the signing bonus and participates in the combine....would anyone entertain the possibility of trading Jimmy G and drafting Murray?

Even coming off an ACL injury we can still get a solid haul of draft picks for Jimmy and would get out from that massive contract and get a cost controlled contract for the next 4-5 years

I don't know the exact numbers on a Jimmy G trade but if I read correctly if we trade him before June 1st our dead cap number would be $5.6 million for 2019, I could be wrong on the numbers so if someone wants to correct me please do so but the overall point being possible cap savings

Also Jimmy G still has value NOW even after the ACL injury, if next season he gets hurt again or plays sub-par football who would take that contract then?

Now this topic is a mute point depending on how you feel about Murray, if you think his size is a real problem then I understand your opposition, but for me personally the size isn't a bother and frankly I think the combination of pure arm talent, progression reads, pocket awareness and elusiveness, plus elite rushing ability is a package, that at the very least, is worth a discussion

Obviously the risk factor is through the roof and I highly doubt the Niners brass would go through with it but the potential haul of draft picks for Jimmy G plus additional cap space to make upgrades for our interior o-line, pass rush, secondary, offensive skill positions and the upside of a player like Murray could reset our timeline and potentially give us a wider window of success..........or, we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot and have to start over from scratch again, hence the massive risk

I'm more of a basketball guy then a football guy but I'm still a Niners fan nevertheless and I haven't heard much discussion on this issue so if you guys could give me your thoughts and opinions that be much thanks
    There's zero chance that I would even entertain the idea of drafting Kyler Murray and trading Jimmy Garoppolo. I think that Jimmy Garoppolo is going to be a great QB in the NFL. I know some fans are skiddish about his slow start last year (and by slow start, we're talking about games where he still averaged 240 yards per game and 90 QB rating). Jimmy's going to get better. Keep in mind that the guy has only started 10 games so far in his career (and he's 8-2 in those games). I think expectations for him at the beginning of last season by most fans weren't realistic. We've got a great offensive mind at head coach and I see a lot of positives on the offensive side of the ball. The offensive line will have more continuity next season, young guys like Breida and Pettis got valuable experience last year, and Kittle proved to be one of the best TEs in football. The focus of the offense going into this offseason should be to get healthy, maintain continuity, and add one or two peices, such as a WR upgrade to Pierre Garcon and possibly an upgrade at RG.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    There's zero chance that I would even entertain the idea of drafting Kyler Murray and trading Jimmy Garoppolo. I think that Jimmy Garoppolo is going to be a great QB in the NFL. I know some fans are skiddish about his slow start last year (and by slow start, we're talking about games where he still averaged 240 yards per game and 90 QB rating). Jimmy's going to get better. Keep in mind that the guy has only started 10 games so far in his career (and he's 8-2 in those games). I think expectations for him at the beginning of last season by most fans weren't realistic. We've got a great offensive mind at head coach and I see a lot of positives on the offensive side of the ball. The offensive line will have more continuity next season, young guys like Breida and Pettis got valuable experience last year, and Kittle proved to be one of the best TEs in football. The focus of the offense going into this offseason should be to get healthy, maintain continuity, and add one or two peices, such as a WR upgrade to Pierre Garcon and possibly an upgrade at RG.
    Completely agree. Getting healthy and probably a 2nd rounder for a receiver should be all we spend on offense next year, and also obviously bringing in OL to compete and stuff.

The main focus of this offense should 100% be on defense.

Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast