Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I think (this is prolly obvious) free agency is gonna depend on whats gonna happen if they cant snag lock.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

We're going to fill the holes in FA. Watch us gun for LB's/CB's/Safties and OL.

JuWan James, ramon foster, Callahan, amos, landon collins should all be on our radar.

Can definitely see Elway making quite a few splashes in these departments.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post

JuWan James, ramon foster, Callahan, amos, landon collins should all be on our radar.

And CJ Mosely

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    And CJ Mosely
    KJ Wright, Jordan Hicks, Kwon Alexander, Corey Littleton

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    KJ Wright, Jordan Hicks, Kwon Alexander, Corey Littleton
    Yeah I think that might be something that gets BMarsh cut instead of renegotiating his contract... It's possible that there's a lot of quality free agent backers this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post

OL I understand, but are we really also in the market for safeties? I didn't realize our safeties were not playing well.....

Quote Originally Posted by dbronco View Post
    OL I understand, but are we really also in the market for safeties? I didn't realize our safeties were not playing well.....
    Yeah Stewart isn't good anymore. Probably will be a cap casualty.

Yeah Stewart isn't good anymore. Probably will be a cap casualty.
    What about Parks & Simmons?

Simmons is a starter...I don't think Parks is though

Simmons is a starter...I don't think Parks is though
    I don't know about that man. He hasn't been perfect but he has definitely been serviceable and a tick above average. When he went down, our secondary lost a notch without doubt. Granted, if I remember correctly, CHJ went down a couple weeks after he did.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I don't know about that man. He hasn't been perfect but he has definitely been serviceable and a tick above average. When he went down, our secondary lost a notch without doubt. Granted, if I remember correctly, CHJ went down a couple weeks after he did.
    I think Parks is best used as a third safety. FWIW your assessment matches PFF. He's rated as above average at 74. Still the 26th best safety. I'm not saying I don't like him...I think he's great depth. Just if we're trying to get back to an elite level defense, I think we need more at that position.

I also think we need a more vocal vet next to Simmons. Simmons struggled a bit this year and I think it's because he's more of a Robin that was being asked to be Batman... If that makes any sense lol

Yeah I think that might be something that gets BMarsh cut instead of renegotiating his contract... It's possible that there's a lot of quality free agent backers this year.
    BMarsh is gone. Even with a renegotiating...don't think he can still play at a good level. Fangio's defense stresses a lot on LB's so we are going to be RELYING on him a lot....just not wise. He was at his best when he had an off-ball LB stalwart like Danny T next to him.

Mosely is the top gem. Don't think we'll be able to snag him...but the other options are definitely reasonable.

Depth and a struggling starter.

Two pieces you definitely want to have but could help/upgrade.

I like our safety group that we have. Jamal Carter/Parks/Simmons/Cravens (hopefully that spat with Joseph didn't completely kill his value)/Dymonte Thomas...etc

All nice pieces that can be developed. And, fortunately, for us we have a guy that can develop them. Fangio/Donatell completely resurrected Fullers/Prince career.

But, I feel the back end would be solidified if we had that one guy that is established in the safety spot. Whether it be FS/SS. As of now..all the other guys are up in the air.

Back when we had PFM, it seemed like Elway had lots of money to spend in free agency. We got TJ Ward, Darian Stewart, Demarcus Ware, Aquib Talib, etc.
    What the heck happened?
    It seems like we have more money to spend this year, but the past few years it was more bargain shopping than signing elite players.
    Was that mostly because of Von's contract? Or was it that we had a whole bunch of guys like Wolfe and CHJ suddenly come to the end of their rookie deals?

Also, a different but related question - do you think it is true that Kubiak was the reason for the increased talent level in last year's draft class?
    If so, what are we doing now?
    I don't want to go back to those mediocre draft classes we had for many years.

Drew Lock is my quarterback.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast