Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

2018 Giants Roster News

2018 New York Giants Roster News Thread

They need DRC back at this point. They need a solid option at FS to take some pressure off their struggling corners.

I like Jenkins to rebound but I'm still unsure of Apple. I would like to see him traded for a mid-draft pick.

Makes me wonder WHAT IF Reese would've pulled a Ditka & traded all his draft picks to get Jalen Ramsey in the 2016 Draft, or instead of Apple they would've selected the dynamic slot CB they passed on, Vernon Hargreaves.

Would've been nice to get him included in that JPP trade package, would've came cheap since he's been struggling just as bad as Apple but I also think Tampa Bay wasn't a good destination for him.

I think a fresh start might do him some good and help revive his career just like it did for Talib once he left that mess of an organization.
    Last edited by cowboyskilla; 08-21-2018 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Damn autocorrect

Completely agree on DRC. I think theyíre just waiting until they can sign him without guaranteed money. Think thatís week 2 or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is DRC even still a possibility? He's still solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

I think the team looks fairly solid. Far from a complete product but with some real reason to believe they're gonna be better in a lot of aspects of the game.

Secondary this year feels like the OL of the past few years. Glaring weakness. Need some talent infusion otherwise it will sink the season.

Bring DRC back.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Well this just blew a hole in the gasket:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...dgerscromartie
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Yeah cuz thereís no way to grab a QB next year that can be the franchise guy. Only top 10 picks become franchise guys. Thatís it if you arenít top 10 your ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    I think the team looks fairly solid. Far from a complete product but with some real reason to believe they're gonna be better in a lot of aspects of the game.

Secondary this year feels like the OL of the past few years. Glaring weakness. Need some talent infusion otherwise it will sink the season.

Bring DRC back.
    Just like what Barkley will be like for the O-Line's deficiencies is what a REALLY GOOD centerfielder will be like for struggling corners.

Prolly the 20th time I've said this but they REALLY need a good FS to keep that secondary afloat.
    which is why I'm surprised they're comfortable with unknowns taking the FS spot when a Future HOFer in Earl Thomas is quietly available for a trade option.

Yes, he will count BIG against the cap space but you're trying to squeeze through a tight, closing window. I get they don't want to be set back Post-Eli but if they WANT to win WITH ELI they need to make BIG, BOLD moves.

See if Eli's willing to negotiate his contract for ONE year so that can allow them to put ALL their chips in the middle of the table while you STILL got Landon Collins AND Odell Beckham Jr under contract. 2018 can be a GREAT year for them if they're willing to take all the risks.

But I'm ONLY suggesting this if they're playing under the theme of "Win one more FOR ELI".
    Last edited by cowboyskilla; 08-22-2018 at 10:12 PM.

Yeah cuz thereís no way to grab a QB next year that can be the franchise guy. Only top 10 picks become franchise guys. Thatís it if you arenít top 10 your ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    Just like what Barkley will be like for the O-Line's deficiencies is what a REALLY GOOD centerfielder will be like for struggling corners.

Prolly the 20th time I've said this but they REALLY need a good FS to keep that secondary afloat.
    which is why I'm surprised they're comfortable with unknowns taking the FS spot when a Future HOFer in Earl Thomas is quietly available for a trade option.

Yes, he will count BIG against the cap space but you're trying to squeeze through a tight, closing window. I get they don't want to be set back Post-Eli but if they WANT to win WITH ELI they need to make BIG, BOLD moves.

See if Eli's willing to negotiate his contract for ONE year so that can allow them to put ALL their chips in the middle of the table while you STILL got Landon Collins AND Odell Beckham Jr under contract. 2018 can be a GREAT year for them if they're willing to take all the risks.

But I'm ONLY suggesting this if they're playing under the theme of "Win one more FOR ELI".
    Yeah I completely agree. I don't know how they can do it but if they somehow got Earl Thomas that would probably elevate this defense to a top tier squad to match what should be a productive, ball control offense. That could be deadly - and it should be the goal since we're committing to Eli for another year or 2.

Problem is they gave away their 3rd round pick in 2019 for the supplemental DB who then ended up on IR. They don't have a lot of flexibility to trade immediate year picks without potentially crippling the future.

Yeah I completely agree. I don't know how they can do it but if they somehow got Earl Thomas that would probably elevate this defense to a top tier squad to match what should be a productive, ball control offense. That could be deadly - and it should be the goal since we're committing to Eli for another year or 2.

Problem is they gave away their 3rd round pick in 2019 for the supplemental DB who then ended up on IR. They don't have a lot of flexibility to trade immediate year picks without potentially crippling the future.
    I think as far as the sup pick is concerned, you have to look at it as though Beal is our 3rd round pick next year and that he'll have a red shirt year where he can learn the ropes before starting his pro career next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I think as far as the sup pick is concerned, you have to look at it as though Beal is our 3rd round pick next year and that he'll have a red shirt year where he can learn the ropes before starting his pro career next season.
    Losing Beal does hurt, but with a good crop of corners available for the next upcoming draft I kind of wonder if it was worth taking a flier on Sam Beal. It feel like they just placed a one-year reservation for their 3rd round pick lol.

It also makes me feel it was a bit too high of a draft pick to take a flier on him. given the Skins nabbed a tall corner of their own & they only gave up a 5th rounder for it.

As for Earl, they could trade Darian Thompson, Brett Jones & a conditional pick (4th rounder if they miss the playoffs, a 2nd rounder if they win the SB, i.e.).

Knowing Seattle's O-Line woes, it would be a fair deal but I would be against losing Jones. If anything, he would be a sweetener of a deal
    Last edited by cowboyskilla; 08-24-2018 at 12:51 AM.

That would be funny.

Jones at C and Fluker at RG for the Seahawks.

https://apnews.com/0f15ec35130a4409bb482ffc509d1f2f

Giants trade Brett Jones to Vikings for a 2019 draft pick.

They were comfortable with Halapio and Greco.

Jones had a $2.9M salary so that clears some space for another roster move. Secondary anyone?

wonder if they cut Jerry to save some more.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

https://apnews.com/0f15ec35130a4409bb482ffc509d1f2f

Giants trade Brett Jones to Vikings for a 2019 draft pick.

They were comfortable with Halapio and Greco.

Jones had a $2.9M salary so that clears some space for another roster move. Secondary anyone?

I like Jones but that makes sense. Theyíre prob making room for contract extensions to existing players more than adding new bodies.

Vernon with a high ankle sprain. Blah.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast