Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 128 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1908
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,997
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    I wish there were more stats on a players effect on defense because that's the hidden thing that helps win games. There weren't stats on how much of an effect Garnett and Pippen had when they stepped on the court, but they really shut people down. Garneett had one of the best plus minuses. I think if this year's roster improves on that front, the team will be surprising some people.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,997
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Yeah. Defense is one of those things that might not be obvious on a stat sheet, but boy does it turn around a game. I saw this article on plus minus and I was surprised to see Garnett being way higher than guys like Shaq, Duncan, etc. who also had great plus minuses. If these guys can be great on the ball defenders, plus great team defenders, it would really give them an edge. There's a lot of length and athleticism on this team, so there's no reason why they can't develop into a very strong defensive team.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,997
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Lonzo's 6'6" so he has the length to smother guys and also switch on another player. Ingram's 6'9". It would be more cost effective for the Lakers to home grow some of their defensive players and shooters. Save that money for shiny splashy Rolls Royce moves like Kawhi and Anthony Davis. Don't waste money on the Jimmy Butlers. 2nd tier stars.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,997
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Lonzo's 6'6" so he has the length to smother guys and also switch on another player. Ingram's 6'9". It would be more cost effective for the Lakers to home grow some of their defensive players and shooters. Save that money for shiny splashy Rolls Royce moves like Kawhi and Anthony Davis. Don't waste money on the Jimmy Butlers. 2nd tier stars.
    To be serious now, i understand what you're saying about spending our money on top tier talent but IMO we cannot totally dismiss the Jimmy Butlers.

    As of right now, of course next summer Kahwi should be tops on our list. But also as of right now he has a lot of question marks. What if for whatever reason he isn't the same player of 2 seasons ago. Then it should be Klay, what if he re-signs in GS. You saying we shouldn't sign Butler even if he wants to go to L.A.? We're supposed to save the money for the following summer for AD? I believe AD could be offered the supermax next July 15th.

    We could see all 3 players off the market as soon as next July 15th. By then we would have missed out on the top 2nd tier talent - the Jimmy Butlers. Which also means we're gonna surround LBJ with 3rd tier talent again next summer. I don't know how long you expect LBJ to continue to play at his current level but if you want to just dismiss the Butlers and wait to sign a Rolls Royce after next summer (if we strike out next summer) you're talking about a 36/37 year old LBJ.

    Also, next summer is our last free summer to spend before having to start paying our own free agents. If we're gonna want the FO to take full advantage of our free money (cap space) next summer is gonna have to be it. That just might mean settling on a player like Jimmy Butler.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    27,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    I'd also like to see Lonzo working on that floater ala Tony Parker
    https://twitter.com/UnwrittenRul3s/s...04994280865793
    Yea that's what I've been wanting too. He needs to work on his shooting (especially mid range game) and floater then he'll be golden.

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

    Your baby can't do this

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    27,713
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post


    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

    Your baby can't do this

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Posts
    8,064
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Lonzo: I donít think his shooting will improve much from the outside this year. Since Lebron will part the driving lanes like Moses, Lonzo will get a lot of his points going to the basket. He will be even better on defense this year because Rondo will be breathing down his neck for minutes and holding him accountable. He will also not have as many minutes because Rondo will share the minutes with him.

    Ingram: He will be a beast going to the basket because he will be stronger and with better driving lanes this year. His defense will be better because of his increased strength. Shooting will improve. I wonít be surprised if he takes over ball handling responsibilities towards end of games as an experiment. Borderline all star this year.

    Kuz: he will have games like you think this guy is the best player on the team and games that you want to give him the facepalm imogi. He will be incocnsistent but better on defense. Thatís where I think he will make his improvement this year. He will play our 4 in small ball lineup and kill it. He saw what Tatum did in the playoffs last year and he believes that he is better than him and uses that as his motivation to be the best player in the 2017 draft.

    Hart: From day 1 I thought this guy one day will be our heart and soul of this team. A natural born leader and best character as a person. I believe he will be a starter after the all star break because KCP will not be as consistent and is never going to look back. The only reason I think that he doesnít start is more with politics with Lebron and his agent. Who knows.

    Ok enough about this stuff. Good analysis Storch.
    thanks bro, always down to talk basketball

    I agree with Lonzo, Ingram and Hart statements. Unfortunately you are correct, kuzma tends to get streaky at times and cold other times. He's seems to be working his arse off this summer i hope he continues to grow defensively and on the boards.

    Hart. I believe the resigning of kcp will stunt his growth and mins a bit. But I think he learns from kcp another year and becomes our "kcp" next year.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Posts
    8,064
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    To be serious now, i understand what you're saying about spending our money on top tier talent but IMO we cannot totally dismiss the Jimmy Butlers.

    As of right now, of course next summer Kahwi should be tops on our list. But also as of right now he has a lot of question marks. What if for whatever reason he isn't the same player of 2 seasons ago. Then it should be Klay, what if he re-signs in GS. You saying we shouldn't sign Butler even if he wants to go to L.A.? We're supposed to save the money for the following summer for AD? I believe AD could be offered the supermax next July 15th.

    We could see all 3 players off the market as soon as next July 15th. By then we would have missed out on the top 2nd tier talent - the Jimmy Butlers. Which also means we're gonna surround LBJ with 3rd tier talent again next summer. I don't know how long you expect LBJ to continue to play at his current level but if you want to just dismiss the Butlers and wait to sign a Rolls Royce after next summer (if we strike out next summer) you're talking about a 36/37 year old LBJ.

    Also, next summer is our last free summer to spend before having to start paying our own free agents. If we're gonna want the FO to take full advantage of our free money (cap space) next summer is gonna have to be it. That just might mean settling on a player like Jimmy Butler.

    If we strike out on Kawhi, then strike out on klay, then we ABSOLUTELY have to sign jimmy butler. dude is a stud. He's better than paul george on the defensive end.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,380
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    To be serious now, i understand what you're saying about spending our money on top tier talent but IMO we cannot totally dismiss the Jimmy Butlers.

    As of right now, of course next summer Kahwi should be tops on our list. But also as of right now he has a lot of question marks. What if for whatever reason he isn't the same player of 2 seasons ago. Then it should be Klay, what if he re-signs in GS. You saying we shouldn't sign Butler even if he wants to go to L.A.? We're supposed to save the money for the following summer for AD? I believe AD could be offered the supermax next July 15th.

    We could see all 3 players off the market as soon as next July 15th. By then we would have missed out on the top 2nd tier talent - the Jimmy Butlers. Which also means we're gonna surround LBJ with 3rd tier talent again next summer. I don't know how long you expect LBJ to continue to play at his current level but if you want to just dismiss the Butlers and wait to sign a Rolls Royce after next summer (if we strike out next summer) you're talking about a 36/37 year old LBJ.

    Also, next summer is our last free summer to spend before having to start paying our own free agents. If we're gonna want the FO to take full advantage of our free money (cap space) next summer is gonna have to be it. That just might mean settling on a player like Jimmy Butler.
    We'll see. Kawhi is most likely coming so it might not even matter. Many organizations have put themselves in a bind by giving away big contracts to really good players, making them unable to go after the top 5 marquee players. I would love to sign every single all-star out there, but I've seen what teams like the Knicks, the Nets, etc. have done and I know the Lakers will have to exercise some discipline. We have no control over what they do anyway and all indications are that Magic is going after Kawhi.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Where my wife tells me
    Posts
    5,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Storch View Post
    thanks bro, always down to talk basketball

    I agree with Lonzo, Ingram and Hart statements. Unfortunately you are correct, kuzma tends to get streaky at times and cold other times. He's seems to be working his arse off this summer i hope he continues to grow defensively and on the boards.

    Hart. I believe the resigning of kcp will stunt his growth and mins a bit. But I think he learns from kcp another year and becomes our "kcp" next year.
    Agreed. I do have high hopes for Kuz this year. No more Randle to take minutes away. Hope he shows up and keeps Lebron's minutes down during the regular season. That would be key for us. Let's see if all that work during the offseason has paid off. His extra bulk will help at the 4 position and hopefully keep him healthier during the season.

    Ya, Hard needs to be patient this year. His time will come next year and he will not look back. I think it's great to have so much competition at the 1 2 and 3 positions. We know 4 is no competition and 5 is going to be interesting. Getting very excited but also patient for this group to jell.

    Tittays forever.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Where my wife tells me
    Posts
    5,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Storch View Post
    If we strike out on Kawhi, then strike out on klay, then we ABSOLUTELY have to sign jimmy butler. dude is a stud. He's better than paul george on the defensive end.
    Agreed. I'm glad we have a full year to really see what our young core has to bring. If they really pan out, then I say screw Kahwi and really go after AD (if that is even an option).

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Where my wife tells me
    Posts
    5,677
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    To quote Jimmy Butler:

    Well, damn.
    That's what my wife said when she saw the pic.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    48,606

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Storch View Post
    If we strike out on Kawhi, then strike out on klay, then we ABSOLUTELY have to sign jimmy butler. dude is a stud. He's better than paul george on the defensive end.
    Of course we sign him if we strike out on Kahwi & Klay and he wants to sign with us. We'll only have 3 years of LBJ left and he'll be 35 years old then. We can't surround him again with 3rd or 4th tier players if we can get a legitimate all star by only using cap space. Sure he's not elite but he's a top 5/6 SG in the league.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,705
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Yep I was very excited for him. He reminds me of an athletic Deric Fisher. Same character though. Nice coincidence on the jersey number.
    Hopefully he doesnít have Fishers wife snatching skills

Page 4 of 128 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •