Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Kaepernick was bad. His basic numbers might have been good, but he was inaccurate and could not read a defense for the life of him and it showed in every game he played. Also it's just my opinion and speculation but I don't think he does any of the kneeling or protesting stuff if he's not just upset about being on the bench. In any sense, Kaep isn't good enough for the attention and press that he would call for. I also think the "sacrifice everything" **** is damn near offensive when you consider the fact he got an endorsement deal for his "sacrifice." He also probably didn't sacrifice the 54 million dollars he was guarenteed when he was released so yeah.
    Speculation doesnt mean anything. Opinions are like *******s, everyone has one. An unsubstantiated opinion means nothing.

A lot of QBs are bad at reading defenses and are inaccurate. Cutty was an averageish QB for 10 years, had some good, some bad- and those 2 things were certainly never his strong suit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Just a warning to myself and all, let's watch it with the political stuff - dont mind getting into it a bit but let's just stay respectful.

Never as easy when talking politics online vs in person- sorry for the multiple posts as I'm in my phone. Always forget to multi quote then. Tapatalk makes it easy.

Last edited by blams; 09-22-2018 at 01:13 PM.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Speculation doesnt mean anything. Opinions are like *******s, everyone has one. An unsubstantiated opinion means nothing.

A lot of QBs are bad at reading defenses and are inaccurate. Cutty was an averageish QB for 10 years, had some good, some bad- and those 2 things were certainly never his strong suit.

Yes respectively just like your unsubstantiated opinion about police. You are likely not in the field or around it so you know nothing about what truly happens aside from what you hear through the media. Kaep has done nothing but divide. In no way is he fantastic. I'm sorry but you are plain wrong on this.

It isnt about what the police are trying to do. The system is broken, intent doesnt matter.

Man you are so off base with this. You have not been there with with the facts and circumstances that face police before having to make split second decisions with limited information. Unless you have lived it and done it day in and day out it's not something you can speak on. The good that 99% of police officers do daily so far outnumbers the stories you here through the media that is there to divide. If he was serious about bringing change he'd do what Forte did not sit on his little knee. His is a one sided perspective.

Police are over militarized here, and it has been statistically proven that they target minorities disproportionately. This isn't some special country.

Kaep isnt ignorant, he's fantastic. The movement has brought more discussion to the issue about Police brutality. He's already won in that sense. It is a real issue that minorities have to deal with- rich or poor- and the worst thing that can be done is to discredit and say they're crazy. Kneeling Is objectively just about the most peaceful approach ever- and doing it during the anthem couldn't be a more perfect platform considering what it represents.

Just because he's paid by Nike doesn't mean he didn't sacrifice for the cause. He absolutely did.

If we're going to get into politics, minority groups also dispropritionately commit violent crime. Just one stat for you, 52% of all gun violence (and 38% of gun homicide) in the United States is committed by black people, who make up less than 14% of the country. To me, this fully explains the need for more police contact. Another stat, over 90% of gun violence by black men is homocide, while over 80% for white men is suicide. Until those numbers start to even out, you can expect black people to see more police contact than other groups of people.

Are the police also sexist because the vast majority of people (I believe it's over 99%) who are killed by police officers are men? Or should we just recognize that men commit far more crime (specifically violent crime) than women and hence, necessitate the need for more serious measures of action and move on. I don't mean to sound AT ALL like I think it is a biological effect, but there is something in the culture that influences black people to be more involved in criminal activity. In general, I think it probably has more to do with affluence than any kind of biological effect, but nevertheless, if the goal is to truly save black lives, it should be about ending the warzone gang activity that currently dominates large sectors of the community. Not police officers, who are responsible for less than 1% of gun homicides on black people each year.

I couldn't find all the sources, a lot of this I just have off of memory, but here's one I was able to find just in case you don't wanna take my word for it on these statistics.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factch...s-commit-crime

If we're going to get into politics, minority groups also dispropritionately commit violent crime. Just one stat for you, 52% of all gun violence (and 38% of gun homicide) in the United States is committed by black people, who make up less than 14% of the country. To me, this fully explains the need for more police contact. Another stat, over 90% of gun violence by black men is homocide, while over 80% for white men is suicide. Until those numbers start to even out, you can expect black people to see more police contact than other groups of people.

Are the police also sexist because the vast majority of people (I believe it's over 99%) who are killed by police officers are men? Or should we just recognize that men commit far more crime (specifically violent crime) than women and hence, necessitate the need for more serious measures of action and move on. I don't mean to sound AT ALL like I think it is a biological effect, but there is something in the culture that influences black people to be more involved in criminal activity. In general, I think it probably has more to do with affluence than any kind of biological effect, but nevertheless, if the goal is to truly save black lives, it should be about ending the warzone gang activity that currently dominates large sectors of the community. Not police officers, who are responsible for less than 1% of gun homicides on black people each year.

I couldn't find all the sources, a lot of this I just have off of memory, but here's one I was able to find just in case you don't wanna take my word for it on these statistics.

This.

People want to ignore the facts out of fear of disrespecting specific groups, but facts are facts. We aren’t doing any favors by lying or bringing up “systemic issues.” “It’s the system” they always say. Well what part of the system? Can we be specific? What parts are corrupt and holding people back? People always bring up the racist system, but what exactly/specifically is it? I hate racism and will fight it with anyone, but until we pinpoint specific things, we aren’t addressing an actual problem. We are just talking in circles and not fixing anything.

The truth needs to be told if actual change is going to occur. Otherwise it’s going to continue in a cyclical manner and more kids are going to die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They commit more violent crime because they're targeted disproportionately and are gentrified into poverty.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Yes respectively just like your unsubstantiated opinion about police. You are likely not in the field or around it so you know nothing about what truly happens aside from what you hear through the media. Kaep has done nothing but divide. In no way is he fantastic. I'm sorry but you are plain wrong on this.
    Yeah, nah. Its scientifically backed and I'm not going to coddle you
    Almost lol'd when you said that it was unsubstantiated.

Being close to people in the field only creates bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Man you are so off base with this. You have not been there with with the facts and circumstances that face police before having to make split second decisions with limited information. Unless you have lived it and done it day in and day out it's not something you can speak on. The good that 99% of police officers do daily so far outnumbers the stories you here through the media that is there to divide. If he was serious about bringing change he'd do what Forte did not sit on his little knee. His is a one sided perspective.
    Not off base, the numbers have nothing to do with the split second decisions.

Last edited by blams; 09-22-2018 at 02:47 PM.

Click here to register!

They commit more violent crime because they're targeted disproportionately and are gentrified into poverty.

Uhhh how is it not the other way around? Also not buying the gentrification thing. Not saying getting out of poverty is easy, but no one is gentrified into gang activity or drug trafficking (born into it, sure). Immigrants and otherwise new citizens in the country have always started off living in **** ghetto-like enviornments. There is nowhere in the United States where if you try hard enough and work hard enough, you will not be rewarded and allow yourself the ability to better your status in life. You do that **** when you don't learn right from wrong and when there is not a focus in your family on education and on getting out of such a situation. Simply put, it is the broken family culture that leads to young people doing stupid **** that sometimes gets them killed. Is that a comfortable thing to absorb? No. But people need to learn to stop pointing the finger at everyone besides themself.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 09-22-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Uhhh how is it not the other way around? Also not buying the gentrification thing. Not saying getting out of poverty is easy, but no one is gentrified into gang activity or drug trafficking. Immigrants and otherwise new citizens in the country have always started off living in **** ghetto-like enviornments. There is nowhere in the United States where if you try hard enough and work hard enough, you will not be rewarded and allow yourself the ability to better your status in life. You do that **** when you don't learn right from wrong and when there is not a focus in your family on education and on getting out of such a situation. Simply put, it is the broken family culture that leads to young people doing stupid **** that sometimes gets them killed. Is that a comfortable thing to absorb? No. But people need to learn to stop pointing the finger at everyone besides themself.
    Not believe it? Genttification? Yeah, and evolution is a lie lol

Click here to register!

Yeah, nah. Its scientifically backed and I'm not going to coddle you
    Almost lol'd when you said that it was unsubstantiated.

Being close to people in the field only creates bias.
    .Not off base, the numbers have nothing to do with the split second decisions.

Wait, so experience in the field is somehow a negative? How can you not see what a disrespectful opinion that is to carry? How would you like it if someone told you that YOU don't know anything about the job enviornment you work in? Would you not laugh at that person?

Not believe it? Genttification? Yeah, and evolution is a lie lol

We can talk about this stuff if you want, but if you're just gonna be sarcastic and snooty, I don't really see the point. I'm not seeing any kind of real argument from you here.

Wait, so experience in the field is somehow a negative? How can you not see what a disrespectful opinion that is to carry? How would you like it if someone told you that YOU don't know anything about the job enviornment you work in? Would you not laugh at that person?
    Experience in the field is only a positive for literally doing the job. In terms of objectively looking at its flaws in a critical manner: of course it list creates severe bias when being close to it.

There are reasons why cops cover up murders and whatnot committed by fellow employees- which is as disgusting as it gets. Power protecting power.

Click here to register!

We can talk about this stuff if you want, but if you're just gonna be sarcastic and snooty, I don't really see the point. I'm not seeing any kind of real argument from you here.
    I'll give it to you, you're right. The way I responded was uncalled for.

Click here to register!

Experience in the field is only a positive for literally doing the job. In terms of objectively looking at its flaws in a critical manner: of course it list creates severe bias when being close to it.

There are reasons why cops cover up murders and whatnot committed by fellow employees- which is as disgusting as it gets.

Isn't anyone capable of bias regardless of being in a field or not? It is possible that a bias can be formed, but not all people are as subject as everyone. There are going to be some who are biased and others who are able to stay objective, just like any other enviornment. There's also bound to be preconcieved biases which are changed once you actually experience the activity. I just completely disagree with you here.

Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast