Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50909899100
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Eh, I still think bakers rep is based more on hype than substance. At least so far.
    This season, no doubt. But he had elite numbers once kitchens took over play calling last year.

I thought he was ready to be an MVP candidate this year...that isnt looking likely lmao. Not like anyone has a shot besides Mahomes though.

Baker wasn't stepping up properly but the pocket was collapsing extra quick tonight and has been all 3 games. Stepping up wasn't an issue for him last year so I assume that will go away.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 09-23-2019 at 12:13 AM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

On another note, I'm amped for Pats/Bills in Buffalo next sunday!

Click here to register!

Eh, I still think bakers rep is based more on hype than substance. At least so far.
    He was arguably the best QB in the league down the stretch of last season and put together one of the most efficient stretches ever for a Rookie QB. He finished with fringe top 10 QB numbers and just a couple spots behind Rodgers in DYAR & DVOA.

The hype coming into this season was definitely warranted considering who they added on the outside (OBJ). He's sucked this season though. He's actually ranked lower in those same advanced stats (DYAR, DVOA) than Trubisky through the first 2 weeks. His O-line is **** too... they're not contenders until that's corrected.

Small sample. It'll flip for a lot of these QB's. Case Keenum's ranked 5th overall through 2 weeks... that's obviously not going to hold.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 09-23-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    He was arguably the best QB in the league down the stretch of last season and put together one of the most efficient stretches ever for a Rookie QB. He finished with fringe top 10 QB numbers and just a couple spots behind Rodgers in DYAR & DVOA.

The hype coming into this season was definitely warranted considering who they added on the outside (OBJ). He's sucked this season though. He's actually ranked lower in those same advanced stats (DYAR, DVOA) than Trubisky through the first 2 weeks. His O-line is **** too... they're not contenders until that's corrected.

Small sample. It'll flip for a lot of these QB's. Case Keenum's ranked 5th overall through 2 weeks... that's obviously not going to hold.
    I havenít watched much of Baker to be honest. But watching him last night - taking the numbers out of it - he just didnít look that good. Poor passes. Bad decisions. Wasnít reading the field. Not saying heís not good or wonít get better but people are too quick to anoint or pronounce a bust these days.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...855902210?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Through week 2 QBs ranked lower than Trubisky based on DVOA

https://twitter.com/sportscenter/sta...277670400?s=21

Cousins and Baker, surprising

Small sample size of course.

Click here to register!

I havenít watched much of Baker to be honest. But watching him last night - taking the numbers out of it - he just didnít look that good. Poor passes. Bad decisions. Wasnít reading the field. Not saying heís not good or wonít get better but people are too quick to anoint or pronounce a bust these days.
    I'm not defending his play this year. He's sucked. Arguably worse than Trubisky.

Coming into the season though, I believe the hype was warranted. It's a very short list of QB's that had better Rookie seasons than him.

I get your point though. Fans and media are too reactionary to small sample sizes. These things have to play out, sometimes for multiple seasons, before we know anything.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 09-23-2019 at 02:38 PM.

Trubisky In 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Trubisky In 2018

Not awful, but he got a huge boost from his rushing numbers

He needs to be that high based on pure passing to have a shot at QBing a super bowl imo

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Not awful, but he got a huge boost from his rushing numbers

He needs to be that high based on pure passing to have a shot at QBing a super bowl imo

I disagree with that premise. Value is value whether it be from rushing or passing. Is it likely Mitch will be able to sustain the value he gave last year as a runner? Maybe not, it's fair to question. But it's not impossible. His legs were very very valuable last year and got him out of trouble pretty often.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I disagree with that premise. Value is value whether it be from rushing or passing. Is it likely Mitch will be able to sustain the value he gave last year as a runner? Maybe not, it's fair to question. But it's not impossible. His legs were very very valuable last year and got him out of trouble pretty often.
    Agreed - value is value. Being able to run for meaningful gains and in big situations is huge. If Eli was QBing NYG would have lost last night. Jones ran when Eli couldnít have and they won because of it. Having to play Mitchís running ability opens up things in the passing game just like throwing deep does. Maybe not the same things, but it creates holes.

Value is value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Value is value , but I dont trust Mitch enough to run at the right times and pass at the right times to make it matter when it counts.

You need to be able to convert completions consistently when you're a running qb. You can alex Smith it out there all you want, for example, but unless you can complete the longer passes when needed, you're worthless.
    Last edited by blams; 09-23-2019 at 07:08 PM.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    This season, no doubt. But he had elite numbers once kitchens took over play calling last year.

I thought he was ready to be an MVP candidate this year...that isnt looking likely lmao. Not like anyone has a shot besides Mahomes though.

Baker wasn't stepping up properly but the pocket was collapsing extra quick tonight and has been all 3 games. Stepping up wasn't an issue for him last year so I assume that will go away.

Mahomes should honestly win MVP every year if he keeps this up. Dude could finish his career with 10+ MVPs. Heís on the pathway to GOAT status without a doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50909899100