Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Who would be your choice and why?

Assuming that the leader of the United States (the President first and foremost) is the most influential persona in power, in all honesty who would be you choice at this point?

And why?

My purpose here is not to attack someone else’s choice but to promote the person you think would be the best at this time.

With some reservations, I think I would still pick Bernie Sanders, not so much for practical purposes, but for ideological reasons. I want someone who will push against the powers that currently appear to be calling the shots: big business, entrenched politicians and lobbyists, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Assuming that the leader of the United States (the President first and foremost) is the most influential persona in power, in all honesty who would be you choice at this point?

And why?

My purpose here is not to attack someone else’s choice but to promote the person you think would be the best at this time.

With some reservations, I think I would still pick Bernie Sanders, not so much for practical purposes, but for ideological reasons. I want someone who will push against the powers that currently appear to be calling the shots: big business, entrenched politicians and lobbyists, etc.
    100% Bernie. He's someone who you can all but assure is looking out for the best interests of normal people and will not mince words about it.
    Yankees Farm System

Bernie is an awful pick and lol if you really think he cares about the middle class

Mine would be Nikki Haley. I think she would be a great president and could easily beat anyone the left puts up against her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warren with Bernie as VP. Bernie age works against him, plus his knowledge and experience could be important as the presiding officer of the Senate. Warren, with the growing presence of women getting involved in politic and her bulldog mentality going up against big business since the crash of 2008, could pull it off. Plus, low baggage and fresh face (to some) is good as well. Minority woman could find her more accessible then Bernie, who had a hard time garnering the minority vote.

And yes, making another historical run for a female candidate, with a more likable personality, don't hurt either.

I hope to God, Hillary doesn't try to run again. Or any of those wall streets sellouts. I thinking they might try to get Perez to run to put a new face to their fraction.
    Last edited by WES445; 08-16-2018 at 08:15 PM.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Honeslty I have no clue. There is no perfect candidate in my opinion. I would like someone who's personal politics is like bernie, but their demeanor, and ability to deal with congress would be like Bill Clinton (minus all the grossness we have come to know). Because I want someone who believes in things like I do, but is willing to understand that the only way forward is in small steps.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Bernie is an awful pick and lol if you really think he cares about the middle class

Mine would be Nikki Haley. I think she would be a great president and could easily beat anyone the left puts up against her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not interested in what you think about Sanders, but tell me, what do you think Haley brings to the table that make her your choice (other than that you think she could win — lots of people could wind, so that seems irrelevant).
    Last edited by Crovash; 08-16-2018 at 08:21 PM.

He might surprise us with an answer instead of bashing the left.
    Last edited by WES445; 08-16-2018 at 08:42 PM.

Definitely Sanders or Warren. I like Warren a lot. She doesn't take crap from right wingers.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Warren with Bernie as VP. Bernie age works against him, plus his knowledge and experience could be important as the presiding officer of the Senate. Warren, with the growing presence of women getting involved in politic and her bulldog mentality going up against big business since the crash of 2008, could pull it off. Plus, low baggage and fresh face (to some) is good as well. Minority woman could find her more accessible then Bernie, who had a hard time garnering the minority vote.

And yes, making another historical run for a female candidate, with a more likable personality, don't hurt either.

I hope to God, Hillary doesn't try to run again. Or any of those wall streets sellouts. I thinking they might try to get Perez to run to put a new face to their fraction.
    If it was Warren, you wouldn't want an progressive stalwart running with her that would take from the Senate. Same for Sanders, although you would certainly want someone progressive in case he happened to keel over in office.
    Yankees Farm System

Former Virginia Governer Terry McAuliffe as the Dem nominee, with New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu as his VP.

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    If it was Warren, you wouldn't want an progressive stalwart running with her that would take from the Senate. Same for Sanders, although you would certainly want someone progressive in case he happened to keel over in office.
    I am at a total loss in thinking of a better running mate. A wall street dem like Perez maybe to pull the wall street fraction in. Something that Hilary wouldn't do for the progressive. I never understood her choice for VP, the guy was more conservative than she was and a slap in the face of Bernie's supporters. Rep. Mark Takano, California, maybe. Gillibrand, a Senator, might run herself, I don't know how the country would react to a two-woman ticket. Sen Durbin out of Illinois. I would love Rep Eleanor Norton, but we are back to a two-woman ticket.
    Last edited by WES445; 08-16-2018 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I am at a total loss in thinking of a better running mate. A wall street dem like Perez maybe to pull the wall street fraction in. Something that Hilary wouldn't do for progressive. I never understood her choice for VP, the guy was more conservative than she was. Rep. Mark Takano, California, maybe. Gillibrand, a Senator, might run herself, I don't know how the country would react to a two-woman ticket. Sen Durbin out of Illinois. I would love Rep Eleanor Norton, but we are back to a two-woman ticket.
    I think with Warren you need a west coast based person. With a friend that lives in Colorado, he said even through Warren is a democrat, they still label her with the "East Coast Elite" label.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I think with Warren you need a west coast based person. With a friend that lives in Colorado, he said even through Warren is a democrat, they still label her with the "East Coast Elite" label.
    That what I was thinking with Rep. Takano, but I don't how much pull he has out West. Maybe Washington Gov. Jay Inslee, I know he is considered an environmental leaning politician. Going after polluters within his state, but his power base may want him to stay since the republican control his state senate. Don't want to lose a growing power base.

Would love to have someone like Inslee to right the EPA ship.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    As a Coloradan, nobody thinks that here. In fact the only Dem that may be more popular than her here is Bernie
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast