Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 93 of 598 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193593 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 8968
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    She won the New York's 14th congressional district, which is the East Bronx and North Central Queens. Less than 20% White.
    What, she should move to Idaho?

It's pretty funny this focus on Ocasio-Cortez. The conservatives attack her. The moderates dismiss her. The liberals whine about her.

She must be doing something right.
    Last edited by Crovash; 01-08-2019 at 12:22 PM.

They are both alike in being young and outspoken congress people. They're seen as leading the next generation.

I said she won on identity politics, not that she only won on that. She won a district that has a population of less than 20% of white people. It's not her own ideas, it's people behind the scene using her look to appeal to people.

Don't forget, the Green Lobby is special interest too.
    What isn't?

Don't forget, the Green Lobby is special interest too.
    Cool. I get it now. She's basically Paul Ryan. Got it!
    HELLO

She won the New York's 14th congressional district, which is the East Bronx and North Central Queens. Less than 20% White.

In 2012, Ryan accused the nation's top military leaders of using "smoke and mirrors" to remain under budget limits passed by Congress. He later apologized but its an example of how he was more outspoken in his younger years.
    Pretty sure she won her seat against an incumbent old white guy. Obviously the neighborhood doesn't prioritize identity politics as much as you believe.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Pretty sure she won her seat against an incumbent old white guy. Obviously the neighborhood doesn't prioritize identity politics as much as you believe.
    if they did, would it matter?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    it goes much further than tossing them food and shelter. It is about building their communities so their future generations aren't on assistance. Create neighborhoods with expectations, not just satisfaction by making it to age 30 without being killed or in prison.
    More police?
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    What, she should move to Idaho?

It's pretty funny this focus on Ocasio-Cortez. The conservatives attack her. The moderates dismiss her. The liberals whine about her.

She must be doing something right.
    populism, elections are nothing more than a popularity contest.

Before redistricting for the 2012 election, much of the area was in New York's 7th congressional district.

Welcome to the wonderful world of gerrymandering districts.

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    You donít know what the **** your talking about
    I realized that, that's why I'm here.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    What isn't?
    Nationalism. Politics is a public service for the people.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Cool. I get it now. She's basically Paul Ryan. Got it!
    In terms of being a young congress person, personality wise, she's more like Sarah Palin.
    Last edited by kevin13697; 01-08-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    You donít know what the **** your talking about
    Half of the time there's perfect symmetry between my beliefs and Kevin's.

The other half of the time it feels like we're at complete odds. This is one of them. He sounds more like Max Boot than a progressive right now. I have no idea what's going on here
    HELLO

Before redistricting for the 2012 election, much of the area was in New York's 7th congressional district.

Welcome to the wonderful world of gerrymandering districts.
    And the 7th congressional district was primarily white? I wonder if we subscribe to the same belief for such districts as we do for minority ones? Did that district simply play identity politics while voting for the white guy?

And the 7th congressional district was primarily white? I wonder if we subscribe to the same belief for such districts as we do for minority ones? Did that district simply play identity politics while voting for the white guy?
    I agree that there should be a higher tax bracket but in terms of fiscal responsibility, she wants to create a carbon tax to promote her green lobby, there is a difference.

When liberal say that we once taxed the rich 90+%, they fail to mention the world wars. If you think this is a nation that trust government, your sadly mistaken.

Republicans would love to see Democrats run Oasio Cortez nationally

With most of the people streaming into the United States being of Hispanic origin, there is no shortage of people eager to accuse President Trump of being racist.

The question is not are Democrats winning the Hispanic vote, itís why arenít Democrats winning the Hispanic vote 80-20 or 90-10, the way black voters are??
    Last edited by kevin13697; 01-08-2019 at 06:01 PM.

Nationalism. Politics is a public service for the people.
    What is ďnationalism?Ē