Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 92 of 548 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 8217
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    She could do just as much harm as good. She plagiarizes a lot of her material and does a bad job of representing it.
    She's getting her platform and message out there better than any freshman congressmen...ever(?). She's dominating the news cycle. She's making conservatives bite and in turn act like complete fools themselves. She is advocating LOUDLY for ideas that are very popular. I think it's hard to argue that she hasn't shifted things left already, pulling people along with her.

Again, I really liked Matt Bruenig's point today:

By attracting the intense ire of the GOP, AOC activates the negative polarization of lib pundits and makes them look for ways to defend left policy items they'd attack in any other scenario. It's very effective at pushing the discourse forward.
    She's young. She might flop. But considering the INSANE standards she's being held to, the INSANE scrutiny she is facing from everyone...well, I think she's doing a great job. I don't really see how anyone left of center could disagree. I don't really see any of the usual anti-Bernie crowd of Democrats saying negative things about her. That alone is massive. That's who we have to drag kicking and screaming to the left. Bernie couldn't do it, largely because of Hillary Clinton's existence. There are few other hopes that currently existed within the party. People like she, Omar, Pressley, Tlaib, Ali, etc are basically our best hope. And I honestly feel good about it now.

She's in her 20s too. She'll only figure things out more.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I agree with Ocasio that our politicians are corrupt. Which is precisely why they don't get more monopoly money to waste.

I constantly hear **** about how different our political climate is. Go watch those shows about the 80s and 90s, etc. We're still talking about the same crap they were talking about 30 years. They don't fix anything and they always want more of your money.
    Not true, we're reversing policies of the Reagan/Bush/Clinton administration in a bipartisan way.
    -by closing borders
    -by pulling out of Middle East
    - prison reform
    - tax reform
    - trade reform

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    She's getting her platform and message out there better than any freshman congressmen...ever(?). She's dominating the news cycle. She's making conservatives bite and in turn act like complete fools themselves. She is advocating LOUDLY for ideas that are very popular. I think it's hard to argue that she hasn't shifted things left already, pulling people along with her.

Again, I really liked Matt Bruenig's point today:

She's young. She might flop. But considering the INSANE standards she's being held to, the INSANE scrutiny she is facing from everyone...well, I think she's doing a great job. I don't really see how anyone left of center could disagree. I don't really see any of the usual anti-Bernie crowd of Democrats saying negative things about her. That alone is massive. That's who we have to drag kicking and screaming to the left. Bernie couldn't do it, largely because of Hillary Clinton's existence. There are few other hopes that currently existed within the party. People like she, Omar, Pressley, Tlaib, Ali, etc are basically our best hope. And I honestly feel good about it now.

She's in her 20s too. She'll only figure things out more.
    She won on identity politics. She comes across as the next Paul Ryan, high hopes and a complete disaster, he failed to bring conservativism back and actually made it a lot worse. She sounds like another young character whose going to bankrupt this country with another 20+ trillion added to the deficit.

how does she do outside of a minority community?
    Last edited by kevin13697; 01-07-2019 at 09:03 PM.

She won on identity politics. She comes across as the next Paul Ryan, high hopes and a complete disaster, he failed to bring conservativism back and actually made it a lot worse.

how does she do outside of a minority community?
    That comparison stinks! Why are you making it? Seriously. They are nothing alike in any way I can think of, other than maybe "they have ambitious policy wants". Which is really silly.

Can you please explain how she won on only "identity politics". That seems like a really freaking lazy way to sum up her pretty clearly-stated platform

How does she do outside the minority community? But SIR! Who will ever think of the whites?!?!?! (I'm sure she's doing great though).

I will say, these past few days are definitely the days I have absolutely gone all in on her. It's pretty obvious. Obviously her beliefs were aligned with mine, but now I believe she can actually get something done. I don't want to get cultish because that's the last thing ANYONE should do and I think I've done a good job of it...but she's something to get excited about what she's doing. She seems so much more genuine and truly passionate about achieving what she wants than most everyone else. As someone who looks all around the Democratic Party -- the Party I am apart of because I get two choices and this is the one that's not insanely bad -- and sees hoards of old out-of-touch rich dweebs who don't in the least bit ever feel sincere...well...this is a breath of fresh air.

I'm a grumpy *** pessimist. I feel good about these few young congressmen. Really good. And I'm OK with that right now.
    HELLO

Steve Bannon purposed Taxing Top Earners 44%, the GOP turned it down, It's not a radical left idea.
    As of matter of fact, it seems like common sense if you're touting the lowest corporate tax cuts.

Take Ireland for example, They're around 16% Corporate yet 46% individual.

Your being scammed by the GOP if you think your taxes won't eventually go up as a result of lowering the Corporate tax rate.
    Last edited by kevin13697; 01-07-2019 at 09:35 PM.

That comparison stinks! Why are you making it? Seriously. They are nothing alike in any way I can think of, other than maybe "they have ambitious policy wants". Which is really silly.

Can you please explain how she won on only "identity politics". That seems like a really freaking lazy way to sum up her pretty clearly-stated platform

How does she do outside the minority community? But SIR! Who will ever think of the whites?!?!?! (I'm sure she's doing great though).

I will say, these past few days are definitely the days I have absolutely gone all in on her. It's pretty obvious. Obviously her beliefs were aligned with mine, but now I believe she can actually get something done. I don't want to get cultish because that's the last thing ANYONE should do and I think I've done a good job of it...but she's something to get excited about what she's doing. She seems so much more genuine and truly passionate about achieving what she wants than most everyone else. As someone who looks all around the Democratic Party -- the Party I am apart of because I get two choices and this is the one that's not insanely bad -- and sees hoards of old out-of-touch rich dweebs who don't in the least bit ever feel sincere...well...this is a breath of fresh air.

I'm a grumpy *** pessimist. I feel good about these few young congressmen. Really good. And I'm OK with that right now.
    She won the New York's 14th congressional district, which is the East Bronx and North Central Queens. Less than 20% White.

In 2012, Ryan accused the nation's top military leaders of using "smoke and mirrors" to remain under budget limits passed by Congress. He later apologized but its an example of how he was more outspoken in his younger years.
    Last edited by kevin13697; 01-07-2019 at 09:26 PM.

She won the New York's 14th congressional district, which is the East Bronx and North Central Queens. Less than 20% White.

In 2012, Ryan accused the nation's top military leaders of using "smoke and mirrors" to remain under budget limits passed by Congress. He later apologized but its an example of how he was more outspoken in his younger years.
    Cool. Are these answers?

This is weird.
    HELLO

Cool. Are these answers?

This is weird.
    They are both alike in being young and outspoken congress people. They're seen as leading the next generation.

I said she won on identity politics, not that she only won on that. She won a district that has a population of less than 20% of white people. It's not her own ideas, it's people behind the scene using her look to appeal to people.

Don't forget, the Green Lobby is special interest too.
    Last edited by kevin13697; 01-07-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I did not know what a CHUD was either.
    That's because you are less than 50, maybe. The movie came out in the mid 80's, so anyone born too much after 1970 or so is too young to remember it.

They are both alike in being young and outspoken congress people. They're seen as leading the next generation.

I said she won on identity politics, not that she only won on that. She won a district that has a population of less than 20% of white people. It's not her own ideas, it's people behind the scene using her look to appeal to people.

Don't forget, the Green Lobby is special interest too.
    You don’t know what the **** your talking about

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    All the best advice comes from Shark Tank judges...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    true

https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/shark-t...ews.68617.html

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

This is what a welfare state turns into every single time. My buddy is an emt in Brooklyn and he jokes about going into public housing and it's beautiful waterfront property and it's just **** now.
    it goes much further than tossing them food and shelter. It is about building their communities so their future generations aren't on assistance. Create neighborhoods with expectations, not just satisfaction by making it to age 30 without being killed or in prison.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I agree with Ocasio that our politicians are corrupt. Which is precisely why they don't get more monopoly money to waste.

I constantly hear **** about how different our political climate is. Go watch those shows about the 80s and 90s, etc. We're still talking about the same crap they were talking about 30 years. They don't fix anything and they always want more of your money.
    well yeah..big business and banks have been walking hand in hand with our politicians for decades. The only chance we have to is peel control away from both, especially the banks

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Is there an actual policy that he's implemented that you disapprove of?
    I'm not going to butwhatabout Trump in the Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez thread, but I'll gladly post this in the Trump thread where you can drop some policies and I can say what I agree with or not. feel free to comment on Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez in this thread.

I could have swore that people here have wanted accuracy but when it comes to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez that doesn't matter?

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/42...ive-legislator

Dem strategist says Ocasio-Cortez won't be an effective legislator
    Democratic strategist Kristen Hawn said on Monday that she did not believe Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) would be an effective legislator.

"The way she's going about the legislating process, I don't think she's going to be that effective. I really don't," Hawn, a senior adviser at Agenda Global, told Hill.TV's Krystal Ball and Buck Sexton on "Rising."

"I would actually pose that she has already had a major defeat. She came out immediately against the pay-go rules being reinstated in the rules package, was soundly defeated behind the scenes when more moderate members of the caucus, including members of the Blue Dog coalition, went to the Speaker and said 'we have the votes to take this rules package down if you do not include it,' " she said. "It was a huge defeat. Nobody's talking about."

Ocasio-Cortez was one of three Democrats who voted against a Democratic rules package last week that included the “pay-as-you-go” provision, which requires a point of order against any bill that raises the deficit or reduces a surplus.

The new rules were approved 234-197.

Hawn's comments come after the youngest congresswoman ever elected wrapped up an eventful week in Washington with a "60 Minutes" interview in which she discussed hiking taxes on the wealthy and said there is "no question" that President Trump is racist.

"There is no question she's influential. She uses social media in a way that really connects with people. How she is going to be successful legislatively in the House has yet to be seen," Hawn said.
    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez being good on social media with likes and retweets doesn't matter.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.