Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 89 of 548 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 8217
  1. #1321
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    12,884
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    thank you for posting what I already posted and commented on.














    she is a new shiny toy to play with, she is the clown. headlines are false, like how Conservatives have a problem with her dancing video. nobody cares about her dancing, it came from a now deleted account.

    https://pjmedia.com/trending/no-cons...-on-a-rooftop/








    Conservatives do not care about her dancing. let her dance. this is just a deflection away from other things she has been criticized on.






    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is not that smart, and has already been called out on several things by politifact.

    https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...l-counts-abou/












    just imagine if Trump said this..
    "There's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right.”
    just imagine if Trump said he doesn't have to be factually right. the left would criticize this bigly. but Trump didn't say this, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez did.


    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.40abed1bf48d







    more about her in the link.

    if Trump or anyone on the right does not get a pass for not being factually right then neither should this new shiny left wing toy.

    some want to push about Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on social media for her likes/retweets as if that matters. it doesn't.
    Would you consider Donald Trump smart?

  2. #1322
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    32,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Would you consider Donald Trump smart?
    on certain things I'm sure he is smart. I doubt he would have taken the money he had and become successful if he wasn't smart.
    on everything, no. I'm sure there are things where he doesn't know what he is talking about.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  3. #1323
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    75,158
    FNK, you can't defend every single lie Trump makes -- often by explaining what he "really meant" -- and then do this. Sorry pall. Get consistent or get out. Your hypocrisy is a waste of everyone's time.
    HELLO

  4. #1324
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    32,362
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    FNK, you can't defend every single lie Trump makes -- often by explaining what he "really meant" -- and then do this.
    no ****. pay better attention as I have called out/questioned multiple different things Trump has said recently.
    people ignoring what I have posted in the WTF did Donald say thread doesn't mean the posts didn't happen.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  5. #1325
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    102,812
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    no ****. pay better attention as I have called out/questioned multiple different things Trump has said recently.
    people ignoring what I have posted in the WTF did Donald say thread doesn't mean the posts didn't happen.
    Is there an actual policy that he's implemented that you disapprove of?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  6. #1326
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,167
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Pickled pink? No. Happy to give my fair share? Absolutely.

    I am completely fine with being taxed at an appropriate rate, and I think most people are. But start talking .70 on every dollar, you can **** right off.
    You bet.

    Given, say, an annual income $11 million — I think that would accurately construe an individual as “wealthy” — under the current tax code, that individual would clear (9,525 + 25,674 + 34,164 + 58,500 + 27,625 + 195,000 = SUB-TOTAL of 350,488) Add that to the additional 6,615,000 = TOTAL of $6,965,488

    Under Ms. Ocasio-Cortez’s suggestion, that very same individual would clear 350,488 + 5,985,000 + 300,000 for a TOTAL of $6,635,488.

    And this is assuming that this particular wealthy person does not take advantage of the vast number of tax loopholes available to wealthy people.

    I’m having a hard time conjuring up a whole lot of sympathy.
    Last edited by Crovash; 01-07-2019 at 01:53 PM.

  7. #1327
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,837
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    You're wrong. She is talking about a flat tax rate of 70% for every million over $10m. Are you really trying to justify this? It's not your money, it's not America's money and it sure the hell isn't money for her to dispose of how she wishes. It's the money of the people who earned it.

    Honestly, if you are ok with it you're a ****ing idiot.
    She isn't proposing a flat tax, and you know this which is why you said "for every million over $10m". It's a progressive tax. Or put another way: the wealthy person who makes $20 million a year would get taxed on however much money that you made this year at the exact rate that you made it.

  8. #1328
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I don't care if athletes and rock stars pay more taxes. They're lower on my list of concerns (think their owners or the massive media moguls) but this argument is absolutely 100% not meaningful to me at all.

    The working class has been utterly left behind, with the majority of this country in debt, living paycheck to paycheck and unable to afford a minor health issue. Real wages haven't gone up in decades. The was no trickle down. The rich are getting richer and everyone else is suffering. We are dealing with a massive issue. It should be handled accordingly without any half measures.

    The only reason there are billionaires is because we allow it. "Fairly distributed" is what we determine it is as a society. I think most would agree that it isn't distributed well at all. The GOP has zero interest in tackling that issue. In fact, they want to take more money away from the working class to give more tax cuts to the rich. I find that to be utterly indefensible. And I'm not terribly concerned with continuing this discussion unless we circle back and hear from you whether you think there is a income inequality problem at all. Because if not, that's the key hold up and everything else doesn't matter.
    I mentioned athletes and celebrities because they are the most obvious of the monster wage earners. I have no idea what the CEO of a particular bank, hedge fund, manufacturer etc makes. I also mentioned athletes and celebrities because whatever they make never seems to bother anyone like it does when the CEO of a particular bank, hedge fund, manufacturer makes similar amounts of money. People are excited about 2 guys in MLB seekiing $300 deals or rappers with silly names making even more but are annoyed if a business exec makes similar money. Never understood that.

    More to your point…

    The working class has been utterly left behind, with the majority of this country in debt, living paycheck to paycheck…Whose fault is that? Aren't there opportunities out there available to everyone? Aren't there tons of jobs available right now? Aren't there numerous activities that people do that are proven to decrease (if not eliminate) your opportunities? Drugs, pregnancy, crime etc. Isn't education the key to advancement and isn't education free? And as far as "utterly left behind" many seem to be left behind quite comfortably. Cell phones, cars computers, video games, nice sneakers. A lot seem to be doing pretty well. Poor people used to do without certain things, not our poor.

    The only reason there are billionaires is because we allow it We allow it? How do we do that? Don't these billionaires get any credit for what they have done? They must have done something.

    Fairly distributed Ever taken a good look at public housing? Built with distributed money. Watch people paying at the grocery store. Lot of fairly distributed money moving through there. Lots of free healthcare distributed.

    "Fairly distributed" is what we determine it is as a society" Why does this have to happen at all? If you earn it you keep it.

    Liberals seem to want to legislate equality of outcome when all you can really legislate is equality of opportunity. It is up to the individual to make the most of it. What you are advocating will do nothing more than suppress the drive to succeed and it wi do far more harm than good.

    Government should be reasonable but not a parent. Not so much provide reasonable cost healthcare but pave the way for the healthcare field to do so. Encourage developers to build reasonable cost housing and then insure that this housing remains livable. Some public housing is a disgrace. It wasn't built that way, the residents made it that way. That's unacceptable. Improve the school systems. Right now they are a joke. Any one who can afford private schools usually sends their kids elsewhere. Encourage job training for the trades as a condition of receiving public assistance. These are good jobs that are sorely lacking.

    You want to tighten silly loopholes…all for it. You want to cut out many deductions…I'm there. I'm all for a flat tax for everyone. Same for the poor as the rich. But taxing one group more than another at an absurd rate…not fair and counter productive.

    And can you show me a period or a country that did not have income inequality. That did not have the haves and have nots. It's human nature.

  9. #1329
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    And can you show me a period or a country that did not have income inequality. That did not have the haves and have nots. It's human nature.
    It is also human nature to care for our own.
    Last edited by Crovash; 01-07-2019 at 02:11 PM.

  10. #1330
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    13,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    People are excited about 2 guys in MLB seekiing $300 deals or rappers with silly names making even more but are annoyed if a business exec makes similar money. Never understood that.
    Are people actually excited athletes making $300million+? Rappers' image is to look rich, but majority aren't. People get annoyed when business exec makes similar money because they can afford good accountants and lawyers who can help them avoid paying large portions of their taxes and bring home bonus checks after taxpayer money bails their companies out and then stand up and move their operations to another country anyways.

    The working class has been utterly left behind, with the majority of this country in debt, living paycheck to paycheck…Whose fault is that? Aren't there opportunities out there available to everyone? Aren't there tons of jobs available right now?
    It's not just a point of there being jobs, it's where are the jobs? Are these unemployed people willing to pack up and move to another part of the country for a new job that they are newly educated in after working for 20+ years in a mine or factory? Why would they get hired anyways? Why not hire an entry level young person, pay them nothing and have them grow with the company? Maybe it's not just the people's fault, but what about local and state governments making conditions for 'new jobs' to seed and develop there? People blame the Feds for everything instead of holding these local and state officials accountable.

    Isn't education the key to advancement and isn't education free?
    The working class has clearly been left behind. Education being free (I'm assuming you mean before post-secondary) doesn't really matter if the quality is poor. When was the last time the US made a big investment into public education? Education quality isn't static across the country either. But at the same time, the working class has been left behind with the jobs of the past. If the government provides the proper job training and I'd even suggest an assistance in moving to another place where the new jobs actually are, then it becomes a question of responsibility on the individual. You can't expect the government to replace your steel job or mining job, or factory job, with another of the same occupation every time it shuts down.

    Liberals seem to want to legislate equality of outcome when all you can really legislate is equality of opportunity. It is up to the individual to make the most of it. What you are advocating will do nothing more than suppress the drive to succeed and it wi do far more harm than good
    I agree that equality of outcome is ridiculous. It rids away the values of merit and accomplishment with identity based accommodations. The system is based on a hierarchy and there's a value implied with each step up that hierarchy. If you dispose the hierarchy, everything becomes dull, boring, and not attractive in attaining. Look at the school systems where you can't fail kids. The education system disposed the hierarchy system because of the ones who couldn't do it and feeling bad about themselves, and now there's no value in doing good because you're going to pass regardless. What does that teach kids?

    The problem with today's hierarchy is that the slope is too steep. And when it becomes too steep, the vast, vast majority of people below become restless and angry because 1) it's not realistically attainable, and 2) it's been at their expense, which is what you are seeing now. For example in Canada, taxpayer money bailed out GM, who now in turn are packing up, shutting down plants and moving to Mexico, same in the US. The 2008 banking bailout, another obvious example. That's why you need to tax the **** out of the top because you need to make that slope less steep to appease that unrest.

    And can you show me a period or a country that did not have income inequality. That did not have the haves and have nots. It's human nature.
    Income inequality isn't human nature, it's built into capitalism. Haves and have nots is more a social issue, which we could discuss an infinite number of factors. But I'm fine with income inequality as long as there's equality of opportunity, which you said.


    The Lost Boys of PSD

  11. #1331
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,167
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Income inequality isn't human nature, it's built into capitalism. Haves and have nots is more a social issue, which we could discuss an infinite number of factors. But I'm fine with income inequality as long as there's equality of opportunity, which you said.
    While this conversation is specifically about income inequality — and I agree that this is largely a social and economic construct, which may or may not truly reflect human nature — the larger issue which you hint at (correctly) is the allocation of, and the access to, a variety of RESOURCES, chief among them, indeed, money, but not the only one.

  12. #1332
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I mentioned athletes and celebrities because they are the most obvious of the monster wage earners. I have no idea what the CEO of a particular bank, hedge fund, manufacturer etc makes. I also mentioned athletes and celebrities because whatever they make never seems to bother anyone like it does when the CEO of a particular bank, hedge fund, manufacturer makes similar amounts of money. People are excited about 2 guys in MLB seekiing $300 deals or rappers with silly names making even more but are annoyed if a business exec makes similar money. Never understood that.

    More to your point…

    The working class has been utterly left behind, with the majority of this country in debt, living paycheck to paycheck…Whose fault is that? Aren't there opportunities out there available to everyone? Aren't there tons of jobs available right now? Aren't there numerous activities that people do that are proven to decrease (if not eliminate) your opportunities? Drugs, pregnancy, crime etc. Isn't education the key to advancement and isn't education free? And as far as "utterly left behind" many seem to be left behind quite comfortably. Cell phones, cars computers, video games, nice sneakers. A lot seem to be doing pretty well. Poor people used to do without certain things, not our poor.

    The only reason there are billionaires is because we allow it We allow it? How do we do that? Don't these billionaires get any credit for what they have done? They must have done something.

    Fairly distributed Ever taken a good look at public housing? Built with distributed money. Watch people paying at the grocery store. Lot of fairly distributed money moving through there. Lots of free healthcare distributed.

    "Fairly distributed" is what we determine it is as a society" Why does this have to happen at all? If you earn it you keep it.

    Liberals seem to want to legislate equality of outcome when all you can really legislate is equality of opportunity. It is up to the individual to make the most of it. What you are advocating will do nothing more than suppress the drive to succeed and it wi do far more harm than good.

    Government should be reasonable but not a parent. Not so much provide reasonable cost healthcare but pave the way for the healthcare field to do so. Encourage developers to build reasonable cost housing and then insure that this housing remains livable. Some public housing is a disgrace. It wasn't built that way, the residents made it that way. That's unacceptable. Improve the school systems. Right now they are a joke. Any one who can afford private schools usually sends their kids elsewhere. Encourage job training for the trades as a condition of receiving public assistance. These are good jobs that are sorely lacking.

    You want to tighten silly loopholes…all for it. You want to cut out many deductions…I'm there. I'm all for a flat tax for everyone. Same for the poor as the rich. But taxing one group more than another at an absurd rate…not fair and counter productive.

    And can you show me a period or a country that did not have income inequality. That did not have the haves and have nots. It's human nature.
    What country that is a supposed leader of the free world has such a disparity in income? Seriously?

    What opportunities are there now? Work hard, so you can take on a massive college debt, and then go make enough to barley pay it off, and forget about raising a family on a so called "middle class income" today, with health costs, housing, education, and everything else increasing FAR faster than wages.

    I know you are older, and come from the luckiest generation this country has ever seen, but where exactly do you think opportunities lie?

    Either wages need to accelerate beyond inflation to catch up, or we need redistribution to some degree. We can't have a tiny percentage of people making so much, and such a massive portion making so little.

    Again, you sound just like my father. Young people have no drive, blah blah blah. Well your generation is now sucking the system totally dry, and will continue to do so. Then you have the audacity to call younger people lazy.

    Govt absolutely controls the cost of things to a large degree. But so do outside factors, that guess what, govt could control if they wanted.

    So you don't want to "penalize" those who make way more than average. Got it. But you also don't want to help those who don't, and can't make that money. Why is that? Because of choices? I just don't buy that. I don't buy everyone has the same opportunities, at all. Because they don't. And anyone who believes so is being lied to. The working class, ie the middle group, has been left behind. Period. This needs to stop.

    I don't think anyone wants to just take from the rich and give to the poor. That is nonsense. But people would like for it to be possible to live in comfort with a decent job, instead of struggling. Which is what most of America does now.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  13. #1333
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    It is also human nature to care for our own.
    I agree.

    We do a pretty good job of it.

  14. #1334
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I agree.

    We do a pretty good job of it.
    I agree.

    We can do even better.

  15. #1335
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I agree.

    We do a pretty good job of it.
    we do? We shuttle them into ghettos, imprison their males, toss them enough bread and milk not to starve, give them enough housing to keep them dry, then send a bus around every election to vote for the same old ****.

    Enabling them to better their own lives takes more than giving them the above, and some terrible schools where their kids are more concerned with making it out without a gang killing them or recruiting them, than their education.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •