Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 60 of 610 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160560 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Here's the difference with this kid…

She actually believes she can do all of what she says she can. She believes this stuff.
    And she told you all this when? When you scooped her up — cute as a button as she is — took her home, and, lo and behold, she opened up and revealed her deepest-held beliefs to you?

She's like the election of the high school student council. Promise all these changes, everyone goes nuts and votes for you and nothing changes....The kid is worse than they are.
    This characterization seems familiar — did you borrow it from Brewers255 assessment of David Hogg? Hannity talking points? Or are these original?

Seasoned politicians just make promises they know they can't keep and find a way to blame the other party.
    “Read my lips...”

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I have no problem talking about her policies:

They're ridiculous.
    Ridiculous like...bad? Or ridiculous like...a pipe dream?
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    And she told you all this when? When you scooped her up — cute as a button as she is — took her home, and, lo and behold, she opened up and revealed her deepest-held beliefs to you?

She either believes all this stuff and is beyond stupid or she is lying. Which is it?

This characterization seems familiar — did you borrow it from Brewers255 assessment of David Hogg? Hannity talking points? Or are these original?

All mine?

“Read my lips...”

Meaning what? Bush thought he didn't have to raise taxes. He was wrong. Ross Perot helped him pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Probably a combination of both. You can create a massive government and welfare state, it doesn't mean it'll work.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Life was so much simpler when it was just a chicken in every pot.

Probably a combination of both. You can create a massive government and welfare state, it doesn't mean it'll work.
    We've done it.

It hasn't.

We've done it.

It hasn't.
    This time we're gonna have an economy of peace!
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

This time we're gonna have an economy of peace!
    Well that's certainly good news.

We've done it.
    Yeah?
    HELLO

Trump Jr is shaking in his boots. He’s going after AOC and hoping that people ignore his own terrible conduct including conspiracy against the United States.

Meaning what? Bush thought he didn't have to raise taxes. He was wrong. Ross Perot helped him pay for it.
    No. Like you said, he was making a promise he knew he couldn’t keep (he was VP — he knew damn well what Gramm-Rudman-Hollings meant with respect to a deficit).

“‘Read my lips...’ was written by leading speechwriter Peggy Noonan, with Jack Kemp having suggested the basic idea. Including the line caused some controversy, as some Bush advisers felt the language was too strong. The most prominent critic was economic adviser Richard Darman, who crossed the phrase out on an initial draft calling it ‘stupid and dangerous.’”

He was lying. Then he paid for it (he lost to Bill Clinton).

My god you guys are so triggered by her. So quick to attack someone who is only pushing positive change for people in need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    No. Like you said, he was making a promise he knew he couldn’t keep (he was VP — he knew damn well what Gramm-Rudman-Hollings meant with respect to a deficit).

“‘Read my lips...’ was written by leading speechwriter Peggy Noonan, with Jack Kemp having suggested the basic idea. Including the line caused some controversy, as some Bush advisers felt the language was too strong. The most prominent critic was economic adviser Richard Darman, who crossed the phrase out on an initial draft calling it ‘stupid and dangerous.’”

He was lying. Then he paid for it (he lost to Bill Clinton).
    You know for sure new this?

You know for sure that there was no wheeling and dealing behind the scenes that he based his statement on.

You know all this?

And yes, he lost to Clinton, bur he lost because of Perot.

Na I just think she thinks the government is a tree that grows money. Having said that, I'm sure she will line her pockets like every politician out there.

I have no problem talking about her policies:

They're ridiculous.
    Which ones?

The one about the economy that supports our Veteran's? The one about ending the war on drugs, demilitarizing police and stopping for profit incarceration? Paid family and sick leave?

They're all ridiculous? They actually seem far tamer than I thought. Based on conservatives panic, I fully expected her to have Hunger Game style executions of the wealthy and white people, and for all white people to pay $1,000 a month in minority reparations. Honestly, these seem fairly boring compared to the sensationalism I've been seeing around here.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Which ones?

The one about the economy that supports our Veteran's? The one about ending the war on drugs, demilitarizing police and stopping for profit incarceration? Paid family and sick leave?

They're all ridiculous? They actually seem far tamer than I thought. Based on conservatives panic, I fully expected her to have Hunger Game style executions of the wealthy and white people, and for all white people to pay $1,000 a month in minority reparations. Honestly, these seem fairly boring compared to the sensationalism I've been seeing around here.
    She thinks everything should be provided by the government. That's not me exaggerating her stances either. She's currently going off about a living wage for people that work in dc. Give me a break.

The part that made me laugh was housing as a human right and they're just gonna be "affordable".

I like the clean campaign finance one though. Funny thing is once the money starts coming in these types of politicians tend to stop prioritizing that one.