Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 59 of 610 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159559 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    You're quoting is all weird Sluggo, it's picking up posts you aren't trying to quote I think.

Anyways, yeah dude, that is beyond common. Especially in cities where neighborhoods are very dominated by one race. Hell look at the black results when Obama ran. Blacks usually voted democrat, but it went to a ridiculous percentage the moment they had a candidate with their skin color. Nothing right or wrong about it to be honest.
    Republican Black Guy in Harlem (could happen, right?) runs against

Democrat White Guy

Who wins?

Republican Hectore Fernandez in Brownsville Texas runs against

Democrat Paddy O'Toole

Who wins?

You're quoting is all weird Sluggo, it's picking up posts you aren't trying to quote I think.

Anyways, yeah dude, that is beyond common. Especially in cities where neighborhoods are very dominated by one race. Hell look at the black results when Obama ran. Blacks usually voted democrat, but it went to a ridiculous percentage the moment they had a candidate with their skin color. Nothing right or wrong about it to be honest.
    Or as Chris Rock put it "black people didn't vote for Barack Obama because he was black, they voted for him because he was black and qualified. Nobody was voting for Flava Flav for President".

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Republican Black Guy in Harlem (could happen, right?) runs against

Democrat White Guy

Who wins?

Republican Hectore Fernandez in Brownsville Texas runs against

Democrat Paddy O'Toole

Who wins?
    haha, I don't know man. I like to think that scenario would be amazing to watch.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I imagine taxpayers, because wouldn't it come out of their staff budget?
    If what you are saying is correct, and it sounds logical, then by paying staffers $15 per hour she will have to do the same amount of work with less people. Or pay them from her own pocket or private funding from someone else.

We'll see.

Prediction…money will materialize from somewhere so she can "prove" that the $15 minimum wage is doable.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Or as Chris Rock put it "black people didn't vote for Barack Obama because he was black, they voted for him because he was black and qualified. Nobody was voting for Flava Flav for President".
    well duh man. You don't reach the level of Presidential candidate wearing a big clock around your neck and banging Bridget Nielsen 17 years past her prime.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

If what you are saying is correct, and it sounds logical, then by paying staffers $15 per hour she will have to do the same amount of work with less people. Or pay them from her own pocket or private funding from someone else.

We'll see.

Prediction…money will materialize from somewhere so she can "prove" that the $15 minimum wage is doable.
    Damn, you can't even give her credit for trying to help people get paid jobs? You really do hate her.

We'll see.

I thought I read she claims she will suffer a pay cut if need be? We will see what happens with it. I imagine if she has the choice, she won't be hiring kids from wealthy families.

Damn, you can't even give her credit for trying to help people get paid jobs? You really do hate her.
    Not at all. I think she will get a quickie test on basic economics (you know…the subject she majored in) and we'll see what happens.

And if she is taking this out of her own budget, where does all the money go from those reps and sens that don't hire these interns or pay them at the $15 per hour rate, I can't imagine any of these guys/gals not using an allotted amount of money.

I'm not being snarky…I really don't know what their budgets, expenses etc are. I know what their salaries are, travel expense to and from their districts etc. but what about all the other stuff.

That Washington Congresswoman Paypal or whatever…she goes to Mexico to look into the caravan people and give them guidance…travel, hotel, food etc. who pays for that? The Congressional Black Caucus is always traveling somewhere to support some cause…who pays for that? I know it is against the law to federally find these congressional clubs but the money must come from somewhere. Who?

Not at all. I think she will get a quickie test on basic economics (you know…the subject she majored in) and we'll see what happens.

And if she is taking this out of her own budget, where does all the money go from those reps and sens that don't hire these interns or pay them at the $15 per hour rate, I can't imagine any of these guys/gals not using an allotted amount of money.

I'm not being snarky…I really don't know what their budgets, expenses etc are. I know what their salaries are, travel expense to and from their districts etc. but what about all the other stuff.

That Washington Congresswoman Paypal or whatever…she goes to Mexico to look into the caravan people and give them guidance…travel, hotel, food etc. who pays for that? The Congressional Black Caucus is always traveling somewhere to support some cause…who pays for that? I know it is against the law to federally find these congressional clubs but the money must come from somewhere. Who?
    What do you think she'll learn from this quickie test of basic economics, that the U.S. Government can't afford to pay interns $15 an hour? I had no idea we were so broke. The bill proposed to pay all interns was for $13.8 million. That is 2 trips of President Trump's to Mar-A-Lago. It's not that we can't pay for them, it's that we have different priorities on where we think that money should go. I personally think paying people for labor should be pretty high on that list. I was given to understand most people believed in that. I guess once AOC proposes it, people are suddenly against the idea of compensation for services or labor.

I definitely think a politician could get more money for politicians.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I definitely think a politician could get more money for politicians.
    Yes, AOC is doing this to line the pockets of those rich unpaid interns.

Yes, AOC is doing this to line the pockets of those rich unpaid interns.
    She can improve their pay without having to pay as much herself. One of her first moves was a push for free lodging in dc for her and fellow representatives. Sounds like a politician to me.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    She can improve their pay without having to pay as much herself. One of her first moves was a push for free lodging in dc for her and fellow representatives. Sounds like a politician to me.
    Yes, she is simply out to line her pockets and the pockets of other rich wealthy politicians! That must be why you and all the other conservatives are talking about how crazy liberal she is and how none of her policies are feasible, because they're all designed to make the rich richer lol.

well duh man. You don't reach the level of Presidential candidate wearing a big clock around your neck and banging Bridget Nielsen 17 years past her prime.
    You don’t? Trump might as well be walking around with a clock around his neck. That might actually be an improvement.

Yes, she is simply out to line her pockets and the pockets of other rich wealthy politicians! That must be why you and all the other conservatives are talking about how crazy liberal she is and how none of her policies are feasible, because they're all designed to make the rich richer lol.
    Na I just think she thinks the government is a tree that grows money. Having said that, I'm sure she will line her pockets like every politician out there.

I have no problem talking about her policies:

They're ridiculous.