Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 539 of 603 FirstFirst ... 39439489529537538539540541549589 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,085 of 9035
  1. #8071
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    45,800
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    It someone gave me court side tickets for the Knicks and I went would I then be a hypocrite if I said I think wealth inequality is a problem and that the rich don’t pay there fair share in taxes? If so please explain how bc im missing it. I can only guess this is similar to how some people get mad when a poor person has something nice.
    Exactly. They’re not angry at how she is talking about inequality, they are angry she is bringing it up at all. They are pro-inequality.

  2. #8072
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,945
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Is there a way she could talk about wealth inequality without her opponents criticizing her for it?
    Probably not but this does her no favors. What she campaigns on is antithetical to everything that Met Gala and that dress is. I get there is irony in that as well though because all these major politicians indulge in being pampered constantly but given her political ideology, there are ways to better ways to get that message across than hob knobbing with major celebrities at events that costs 10s and 100s of thousands of dollars to attend and be a part of.

  3. #8073
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    64,635

    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Exactly. They’re not angry at how she is talking about inequality, they are angry she is bringing it up at all. They are pro-inequality.
    I don’t get it at all. I doubt there is something get though. I think it’s misdirected rage. I do think the event is lame and the dress was kind of corny but Fingerbang rage is lamer


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 09-18-2021 at 05:47 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  4. #8074
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    45,800
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Probably not but this does her no favors. What she campaigns on is antithetical to everything that Met Gala and that dress is I get there is irony in that as well though because all these major politicians indulge in being pampered constantly but given her political ideology, there are ways to better ways to get that message across than hob knobbing with major celebrities at events that costs 10s and 100s of thousands of dollars to attend and be a part of.
    Then nothing she does will do any favors in their eyes so frankly I don’t care. Yea her message is opposite of the Met Gala, that’s why she went there with a dress that specifically pointed that out. It’s satire.

  5. #8075
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    64,635

    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Probably not but this does her no favors. What she campaigns on is antithetical to everything that Met Gala and that dress is. I get there is irony in that as well though because all these major politicians indulge in being pampered constantly but given her political ideology, there are ways to better ways to get that message across than hob knobbing with major celebrities at events that costs 10s and 100s of thousands of dollars to attend and be a part of.
    If she was going to construction sites in a hard hat and suit and “ceremonially breaking ground” I think your point would make more sense. She not pretending to be something she isn’t. She is wearing a dress and taking to people. She is also getting free press for her messahe. Is she supposed to spit on rich people like Johnny Rotten?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #8076
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,945
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If she was going to construction sites in a hard hat and suit and “ceremonially breaking ground” I think your point would make more sense. She not pretending to be something she isn’t. She is wearing a dress and taking to people. She is also getting free press for her messahe. Is she supposed to spit on rich people like Johnny Rotten?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah I get it gives the message greater exposure but its in the same vein as an event that is arguably one of the most expensive to attend in the world and is littered with millionaires and billionaires. Many of those same people she wishes were paying more tax dollars and some of which she has condemned before. Tell me they sold the dress for charity and I'm a lot more comfortable with it. To me, this is just her capitalizing on her own celebrity when really she should take no part in event like that.

    If she was some typical Democrat, it would be different but she's not.

  7. #8077
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    45,800
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah I get it gives the message greater exposure but its in the same vein as an event that is arguably one of the most expensive to attend in the world and is littered with millionaires and billionaires. Many of those same people she wishes were paying more tax dollars and some of which she has condemned before. Tell me they sold the dress for charity and I'm a lot more comfortable with it. To me, this is just her capitalizing on her own celebrity when really she should take no part in event like that.

    If she was some typical Democrat, it would be different but she's not.
    But that is the whole point. You think her intent would have been better if she wore the dress in a soup kitchen?

  8. #8078
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,945
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    But that is the whole point. You think her intent would have been better if she wore the dress in a soup kitchen?
    How about not wear the dress or show up to the event at all? I doubt that dress cost 200 bucks to make btw. Times that by probably a 100. Look, I get what she was trying to do but I'm not 100% sure that was the platform to do it from even if its within eyeball range of people the message was intended for.

    Tax the rich while you sit in an expensive dress, being catered to hand and foot, for a one night event that costs the average person's yearly salary to attend. I honestly don't care that she didn't pay for it either. Someone did on her behalf.

    Not to mention all the partying done afterwards which I am sure she stayed around for.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-18-2021 at 06:25 PM.

  9. #8079
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,945
    I take issue with the Met Gala during a pandemic anyways. Its so shallow and pedantic to begin with. That's only magnified now. Furthermore, its complicated by politicians and celebrities that want everyone to get vaccinated and wear masks indoors but at the same time are partying, eating and drinking at an indoor event. Those things don't coincide with masking up and I didn't see one picture of AOC wearing a mask. The staffers of the event certainly were though. I get everyone had to be vaccinated and provide a negative PCR test but that doesn't mean that event was completely sterile and without people who were pre-symptomatic. It could very well be a super spreader event.

    AOC was one of those politicians pushing so heavily for everyone to get vaccinated and wear masks, especially in her hometown city of NY. Its just not a good look all the way around.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-18-2021 at 07:16 PM.

  10. #8080
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    45,800
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    How about not wear the dress or show up to the event at all? I doubt that dress cost 200 bucks to make btw. Times that by probably a 100. Look, I get what she was trying to do but I'm not 100% sure that was the platform to do it from even if its within eyeball range of people the message was intended for.

    Tax the rich while you sit in an expensive dress, being catered to hand and foot, for a one night event that costs the average person's yearly salary to attend. I honestly don't care that she didn't pay for it either. Someone did on her behalf.

    Not to mention all the partying done afterwards which I am sure she stayed around for.
    And have the same people criticizing her now still criticize her but not have her message get out nearly as effectively?

    Can you tell us anything should could have done that would have spread her message as much as this did?

  11. #8081
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    64,635
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah I get it gives the message greater exposure but its in the same vein as an event that is arguably one of the most expensive to attend in the world and is littered with millionaires and billionaires. Many of those same people she wishes were paying more tax dollars and some of which she has condemned before. Tell me they sold the dress for charity and I'm a lot more comfortable with it. To me, this is just her capitalizing on her own celebrity when really she should take no part in event like that.

    If she was some typical Democrat, it would be different but she's not.
    You seem like “a critic”


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  12. #8082
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,945
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    And have the same people criticizing her now still criticize her but not have her message get out nearly as effectively?

    Can you tell us anything should could have done that would have spread her message as much as this did?
    Was the message that effective? Because you have a lot of people calling her a hypocrite and pointing out the irony in her actions in relation to the message.

    It was great exposure. Just don't know if she made the point she was hoping for. Certainly by the response it seems even people who support the message don't all agree with how she went about it or for that matter, feel she did it in an overly constructive manner. Forget the fact that the Met Gala is still one big unnecessary party that had a "do as I say but not as I do" type aura to it.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-19-2021 at 05:37 AM.

  13. #8083
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,945
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er_dailymailus

    Another irony that doesn't play well to the cause.

  14. #8084
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    64,635

    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

    I think “Woody Allen Democrat” should be a term the those self loathing Dems neurotically internalize any criticism. They are prevalent


    “she got to go for free, the food was the best she’d ever had, and she got to hang with the Rock but I see why she should only go to utilitarian parties that serve potato vodka”


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 09-19-2021 at 08:01 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #8085
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,945
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think “Woody Allen Democrat” should be a term the those self loathing Dems neurotically internalize any criticism. They are prevalent


    “she got to go for free, the food was the best she’d ever had, and she got to hang with the Rock but I see why she should only go to utilitarian parties that serve potato vodka”


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This doesn't make the point you hope it does. No one is saying she can't live a little. Just don't agree with the setting in which she did it. Not to mention, the irony of people (of significant means) making her dress who are a hundred thousand plus dollars in the rears for not paying their own taxes. You don't see something wrong with that? There's also something not right with people who preach wearing masks indoors but then party (in a very public style) for hours on end without doing so. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

    This is just one of those instances imo where Democrats don't like having to bathe in their own **** a little bit and are getting super defensive when called out for it.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-19-2021 at 08:16 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •