Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 537 of 549 FirstFirst ... 37437487527535536537538539547 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,055 of 8224
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    You know the culture war is consuming the left too right? Note the post between my post and yours.

A key step to fighting the culture war is getting off of twitter/facebook/instagram/tiktok.
    Will you ever stop both-sides-Ing

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Nope. That will never happen. They bash AOC for saying she worked with an immigrant and that person is from Toronto and thus is an immigrant. Their point being that people from white areas aren’t really immigrants and only people from brown and black countries count as immigrants.

I won't stop. You just don't notice when I don't do it.

The american 2 party system has two completely broken parties to choose from.

I won't stop. You just don't notice when I don't do it.

The american 2 party system has two completely broken parties to choose from.
    Even when you talk about how you don’t do it, you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    NY Post always willing to say the quiet part out loud. Apparently immigrants only come from “those” countries.

"Those Countries" being...Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    That's not an actual concern of yours though. We know your stance on Covid, the vaccine, etc.

I think there are plenty of things to be critical of (she didn't pay for the ticket though, obviously). I think the optics are in many ways bad. I hold AOC to a higher standard than most politicians because she is potentially one of the very few that actually isn't there to serve the donor class' political interests. Sometimes things pop up that cast some doubt. And attending these bougie events are bad optics.

But all I know is "tax the rich" blew up on Google. It's good politics. It got people talking. I don't care about any of the culture war BS that consumes the right. I just want better things man. So hell yeah, spread the gospel AOC! It's time to tax the rich!
    What do you mean, I have always believed the Vax is safe and effective, not one or the other, and Im personally fully vax'd i got the J&J single dose shot.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Nope. That will never happen. They bash AOC for saying she worked with an immigrant and that person is from Toronto and thus is an immigrant. Their point being that people from white areas aren’t really immigrants and only people from brown and black countries count as immigrants.
    Usually when people talk about immigrants doing or accomplishing something like its this big important thing that you should know about they're not talking about people who fly in from a wealthy 1st world country, like Canada or Singapore. In America the "immigrants tale" has always been associated with someone who left everything they know and came here penniless and accomplished something, calling someone like Drake or Prince Harry immigrants who came to this country and found success is TRUE but its not the same as like a refugee who does it.

Stop attacking people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    "Those Countries" being...Canada?
    Was there any significance or value in denoting she was an immigrant in the headline?

You know the culture war is consuming the left too right? Note the post between my post and yours.

A key step to fighting the culture war is getting off of twitter/facebook/instagram/tiktok.
    My stance on vaccines/covid has nothing to do with a "culture war".

Outside of that, I basically just want healthcare for all and for us to stop destroying the planet. Those also have nothing to do with the culture war. Taxing the rich more has been a consistent belief of mine even before I'd say I drifted more towards the left and helps us achieve both of those things, and much much more. That is also not anything a part of any culture war.

YI will say, you've been less of a Bothsides Barry lately. I have noticed that.
    HELLO

Was there any significance or value in denoting she was an immigrant in the headline?
    From the first sentance.

The “immigrant” designer Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez praised for being behind the “Tax the Rich” dress she wore to the Met Gala is an immigrant from — Canada.
    They weren't the ones making a big deal out of her "immigrant story" that was AOC, so they did what reporters do, and looked into her history, it turns out this person is from the 3rd world country of...Canada.

If your going to make a big deal out of someone being an immigrant, maybe they should be from somewhere more exotic than America Jr.

From the first sentance.

They weren't the ones making a big deal out of her "immigrant story" that was AOC, so they did what reporters do, and looked into her history, it turns out this person is from the 3rd world country of...Canada.

If your going to make a big deal out of someone being an immigrant, maybe they should be from somewhere more exotic than America Jr.
    AOC pointing out she’s an immigrant (regardless of what country she is from) is kind of dumb. people claiming she isn’t a “real immigrant” is dumber. At least AOC overall message is something positive and not just misplaced rage

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

From the first sentance.

I think their may be some latent racism there to think that people from predominantly white countries aren’t “real” immigrants.

Usually when people talk about immigrants doing or accomplishing something like its this big important thing that you should know about they're not talking about people who fly in from a wealthy 1st world country, like Canada or Singapore. In America the "immigrants tale" has always been associated with someone who left everything they know and came here penniless and accomplished something, calling someone like Drake or Prince Harry immigrants who came to this country and found success is TRUE but its not the same as like a refugee who does it.
    So her description of the person was too accurate...that's the rights problem with what AOC said? And maybe you should see a problem with the only proper description of immigrants as being stinky smelly interlopers? Maybe it's ok to talk about all immigrants and not just connecting them to being people who don't belong here?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Why not?