Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 508 of 548 FirstFirst ... 8408458498506507508509510518 ... LastLast
Results 7,606 to 7,620 of 8217

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Geezus………

No, I hold it against these people for taking jbs and seats in college that our people shoud be getting. How can you not see that.

I hold it against the concept of the US paying for other people's problems that those people (the government of the originating country) shows no sign of even attempting to solve this problem. The attitude of "let the dumb Americans handle it."

Bolded……Here is what I said………

And where do you draw the line??? Or do you draw a line at all??? Do we let them just keep rolling in??? Keep dragging 70 year old abuelas out of the Rio Grande??? In you little perspective, where do you (Ewing) draw the line???

And you don't know what I am talking about??? (I'm sure you do, but don't want to answer.)
    What line? How many people do I think should get in? How many should get asylum? Is that what you are asking? If so idk and they are separate questions. Anyway people who seek and receive asylum aren’t a problem or an expanse. The ones I know are hard working and productive. They aren’t taking anything. They are earning and contributing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 06-11-2021 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    What line? How many people do I think should get in? Is that what you are asking? If so idk but people who seek and receive asylum aren’t a problem or an expanse. The ones I know are hard working and productive. They aren’t taking anything. They are earning and contributing.

Yeah. How many??? Do we just keep letting them in no matter how talented they are???

They are taking jobs from our people right here……how can you not see that???

Bottom line…their countries have failed them and we are footing the bill for that failure……how can you not see that???

Just because they are nice people and it may seem like the humanitarian thing to do does not mean we can keep affording to do it. These people are coming from screwed up countries that have been screwed up for years and have shown no signs of improving (or curbing their population growth). Why do we have to keep footing the bill???

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Said only by those that do not understand that you don't have to be a resident of a country to know things about said country.
    All I can tell you is the individual doesn’t understand how asylum law works.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Yeah. How many??? Do we just keep letting them in no matter how talented they are???

They are taking jobs from our people right here……how can you not see that???

Bottom line…their countries have failed them and we are footing the bill for that failure……how can you not see that???

Just because they are nice people and it may seem like the humanitarian thing to do does not mean we can keep affording to do it. These people are coming from screwed up countries that have been screwed up for years and have shown no signs of improving (or curbing their population growth). Why do we have to keep footing the bill???
    How many is not a question I’m capable of answering though I’m confident the asylum population isn’t causing me or you any problems. How many we take from this population depends on how many take from other populations and other variables. Since I don’t see every non native born person as an expanse and see many as an asset it becomes a complex question. One I admit I don’t know the answer to

I still have no idea what bill you are talking about. These people are largely supporting themselves. They are earning, producing, and consuming. They are contributing and not taking. I also do not see them as responsible for someone else unemployment etc

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Best of luck showing that
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    How many is not a question I’m capable of answering though I’m confident the asylum population isn’t causing me or you any problems. How many we take from this population depends on how many take from other populations and other variables. Since I don’t see every non native born person as an expanse and see many as an asset it becomes a complex question. One I admit I don’t know the answer to

I still have no idea what bill you are talking about. These people are largely supporting themselves. They are earning, producing, and consuming. They are contributing and not taking. I also do not see them as responsible for someone else unemployment etc

Not sure if you realize this but the US is the most generous country on the planet.

To that fact……add the point of what is right and what is "nice."

I am all for doing what is right. Pappy just announced that the US will donate 500 million Covid doses to the rest of the world. I'm all for that regardless (or irregardless in NJ) as to what it may cost. What we did after the Tsunami years ago was the right thing to do. Earthquakes, hurricanes, diseases……the US is right there and it is the right thing to do.

What is going on at the border is a nice thing to do. However it is little more than giving a few coins to the guy standing at the stop light saying he is hungry. It's just on a grander scale. Like thew guy at the stop light, no matter what we do or give they will keep coming. Their parent countries will never change and they will keep coming. And the US will keep paying like the suckers we are.

And after considering all that …… how much attention would all this get if the people coming in were not set up to be democrat voters??? Institute a policy that refugees and asylum seekers could not vote for 30 years or so and see how fast this mess would get cleaned up. No dems would rush to the border and cry while looking into an empty parking lot (as well as a camera lens) and the the border would be closed in a week.

It’s tough to know America’s immigration system when one isn’t from here.
    no it's not at all, that is what the internet can help with which I was able to use and provide information.

was the link I provided on asylum hard to comprehend?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Not sure if you realize this but the US is the most generous country on the planet.

I am all for doing what is right. Pappy just announced that the US will donate 500 million Covid doses to the rest of the world. I'm all for that regardless (or irregardless in NJ) as to what it may cost. What we did after the Tsunami years ago was the right thing to do. Earthquakes, hurricanes, diseases……the US is right there and it is the right thing to do.

What is going on at the border is a nice thing to do. However it is little more than giving a few coins to the guy standing at the stop light saying he is hungry. It's just on a grander scale. Like thew guy at the stop light, no matter what we do or give they will keep coming. Their parent countries will never change and they will keep coming. And the US will keep paying like the suckers we are.

And after considering all that …… how much attention would all this get if the people coming in were not set up to be democrat voters??? Institute a policy that refugees and asylum seekers could not vote for 30 years or so and see how fast this mess would get cleaned up. No dems would rush to the border and cry while looking into an empty parking lot (as well as a camera lens) and the the border would be closed in a week.
    As I’ve stated over and over I think most of these people are contributing and not taking in short time. It’s not a losing deal so our generous or disingenuous nature doesn’t really matter. I don’t know of a setup is in place and you seem to be conflating asylum seekers and all immigrants again. I have heard of these masked liberal power grabs though.
    Last edited by ewing; 06-11-2021 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    of course she's not going to specifically say that to those that support her.
    So, the bottom line is that Ocasio-Cortez did NOT say what you indicated she said. Am I correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    So, the bottom line is that Ocasio-Cortez did NOT say what you indicated she said. Am I correct?
    I quoted what she said, which lacks more information.

"seeking asylum at any US border is a 100% legal method of arrival"

this is not really accurate, there are ports of entry one has to claim asylum. not simply anywhere across the border.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

this is not really accurate, there are ports of entry one has to claim asylum. not simply anywhere across the border.
    What a ***** she is. She deserves to be criticized.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    What a ***** she is. She deserves to be criticized.
    when she is not right, yes that deserves to be corrected.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Must be because of their Anglo-Saxon traditions.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Must be because of their Anglo-Saxon traditions.
    Good point.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Why didn’t you note that everyone should criticize Harris for making an “incomplete” statement?

Last edited by ewing; 06-11-2021 at 05:17 PM.