Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 505 of 549 FirstFirst ... 5405455495503504505506507515 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,575 of 8224
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I'm closing on my current house at the end June. Once I sign those papers I will have made over $220k on a home I built six years ago. That will be almost a 30% return.
    You want a gold star, too?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I'm closing on my current house at the end June. Once I sign those papers I will have made over $220k on a home I built six years ago. That will be almost a 30% return.
    I bought my home in 2018 for $335K and if I sold it today, the estimate is I could get about $475K. It’s all about location, location, location.

I bought it because it is located in a proximity to a metro station in the DC area.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I bought my home in 2018 for $335K and if I sold it today, the estimate is I could get about $475K. It’s all about location, location, location.

I bought it because it is located in a proximity to a metro station in the DC area.
    I grew up in a coal heated tenement and now I could not afford to live in that neighborhood.

Some of the most annoying and pointless conversations always start out with……"ya know what those houses are goin' for now???" Being a NYC transplant I hear that a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I grew up in a coal heated tenement and now I could not afford to live in that neighborhood.

Some of the most annoying and pointless conversations always start out with……"ya know what those houses are goin' for now???" Being a NYC transplant I hear that a lot.
    I bought where I did because it made my commute about 20-30 minute each way. It would be interesting to see what I would have bought if I was buying today rather than 2018. Since I no longer need to commute, the proximity to the train station is pretty irrelevant. But it does keep the property value up.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I bought where I did because it made my commute about 20-30 minute each way. It would be interesting to see what I would have bought if I was buying today rather than 2018. Since I no longer need to commute, the proximity to the train station is pretty irrelevant. But it does keep the property value up.
    I never saw my home as an investment. My home is where me and my family live`. I always searched for the best that I could do for us with the money that I had available. We weighed everything before making a decision.

The happiest days of our life were in the least impressive home of the three that we owned. It was a 3 story town house, attached on both sides, property measures 18" x 90" house. It was in Staten Island, the forgotten borough of NYC. One of those "you can't get there from here" places. Had a 5 hour trip home one time from Brooklyn in a snow storm that included a 2 mile walk after getting off a train.. But it had a garage………a garage in the house meant easy parking when I got home. And in NYC. Everyone was all young marrieds in roughly the the same income bracket. Everyone got along, one or two a-holes. (One idiot tried to get a petition going against a realtor who sold to a black family……that didn't go over too well.) Our annual Xmas party was legendary.

Overall point……there were good time and fond memories in that house. Did we make $$$ when we sold??? Sure. But if I would have just broken even, it still would have been the house I remembered the most. Never saw it as an investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post

The house I grew up in was purchased for $6k and is now at $1.3M. That said, the real estate market is so thoroughly broken now there has to be an "adjustment" at some point in the near future.

IMO AOC deserves to be criticized for this.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...sappointing-to
    Ocasio-Cortez: Harris telling migrants 'do not come' to US is 'disappointing to see'
    "First, seeking asylum at any US border is a 100% legal method of arrival," the progressive lawmaker wrote in a tweet Monday evening. "Second, the US spent decades contributing to regime change and destabilization in Latin America. We can’t help set someone’s house on fire and then blame them for fleeing."
    illegally crossing the border is not asylum.

the crisis at the border is a problem and immigrants should not be encouraged to come and risk their lives with an intent to cross the border by any means necessary.

I've criticized Kamala (Europe BS), but gave her credit for saying what she did.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    what has Kamala Harris done for the border since being put in charge?

I do have to give her credit for saying this, but sadly this should have been said months ago.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...ot-come-492047
    Harris' blunt message in Guatemala: 'Do not come' to U.S.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Absolutely AOC should be criticized for it from all sides.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

AOC deserves to be criticized for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Absolutely AOC should be criticized for it from all sides.
    Don’t beat around the bush. Go ahead. Criticize her.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    when someone says what you quoted, you and anyone else should know that is criticizing her. but beyond that it should be other people criticizing her. the same people and media that would criticize the right non stop, they should be bipartisan and do the same thing here.

you could also share an opinion instead of targeting posters.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post

IMO AOC deserves to be criticized for this.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...sappointing-to

illegally crossing the border is not asylum.

the crisis at the border is a problem and immigrants should not be encouraged to come and risk their lives with an intent to cross the border by any means necessary.
    Once again, you are completely wrong on the facts. Facts that have been told to you at least 100 times.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Once again, you are completely wrong on the facts. Facts that have been told to you at least 100 times.
    greatest rebuttal ever. zero evidence, no context.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

"Illegally crossing the border isn't asylum."

She isn't saying it is.

Kamala sounding like Trump. The far-right's assessment of how Democrats treat immigration is so out of whack its insane. Democrats are like 95% as tough on immigration as a whole as Republicans are. They just dont run around calling Mexicans rapists and crying about white genocide like the far-right lusts for.

And FNK just a reminder that you live in Canada and you need to find a hobby instead of losing your mind every time you think about how there might now be one more brown person in America than a minute ago. It will be OK!!

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    crossing between ports of entry is not asylum.
    there are also rules for asylum, it's not claim asylum and you're good.

https://bipartisanpolicy.org/downloa...s-of-Entry.pdf
    Immigration law allows individuals to apply for asylum in the United States who are fleeing their country and seeking protection based on “persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution on account of their race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion.” Individuals can present themselves for asylum at ports of entry before U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers
    that doesn't mean cross anywhere.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯