Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 502 of 610 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502503504512552602 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 9139
  1. #7516
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    7,975
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post

    I am the only one that is willing to acknowledge all of it has risk lol. I have said from the start mixing/diversifying is best for this reason.
    qft
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  2. #7517
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    This has nothing to do with today.

    Believe it or not investors make bad decisions too and are forced to sell at terrible times. Investing isn't as safe as you're trying to pretend.

    I am the only one that is willing to acknowledge all of it has risk lol. I have said from the start mixing/diversifying is best for this reason.

    Buying a house is the exact opposite of diversifying.

  3. #7518
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,723
    You don't understand the term pertaining to finance.

  4. #7519
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,753
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Buying a house is the exact opposite of diversifying.
    Doing both strategies would be diversifying compared to doing one of them lol...

    You are so stuck on needing to only have one be a valid option but they both are. Both can also fail. You just won't acknowledge the realities around half of it.

  5. #7520
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Doing both strategies would be diversifying compared to doing one of them lol...

    You are so stuck on needing to only have one be a valid option but they both are. Both can also fail. You just won't acknowledge the realities around half of it.
    No I recognize this. You're the one trying to pawn a house off as being some secure investment. And it's not. It's just as volatile as investing in am index (if not more so) with a smaller chance at any gains.

  6. #7521
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,753
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    No I recognize this. You're the one trying to pawn a house off as being some secure investment. And it's not. It's just as volatile as investing in am index (if not more so) with a smaller chance at any gains.
    I am saying both can be good or bad. You have been the one adamant one is seemingly great the other is not. As shown with actual data that’s not necessarily the case.

    I never said a house is necessarily a better investment I just noted it could be. It all depends on the person/situation at hand was my entire point.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7522
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    69,773
    You guys don’t know what to do with money. Give it to me so I can spend it on blow and hookers


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  8. #7523
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    11,113
    Not quite the 59% that Ocasio-Cortez proposed back in 2019, but at least relevant to this discussion.

    Biden has proposed almost doubling the (capital gains tax) rate to 39.6% for those earning $1 million or more, or approximately 0.3% of taxpayers. Coupled with the existing surtax on investment income, that means federal tax rates for investors could be as high as 43.4%. This would fulfill Biden’s campaign pledge to subject capital gains to the top marginal income-tax rate, which, under his broader tax proposal, would rise to 39.6% from 37% for households with incomes of $400,000 or more. The plan would also end a tax break on inheritances known as “step up in basis,” which wipes out the capital gains tax on assets when the owner dies.

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...t-do-quicktake

  9. #7524
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    7,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Not quite the 59% that Ocasio-Cortez proposed back in 2019, but at least relevant to this discussion.

    Biden has proposed almost doubling the (capital gains tax) rate to 39.6% for those earning $1 million or more, or approximately 0.3% of taxpayers. Coupled with the existing surtax on investment income, that means federal tax rates for investors could be as high as 43.4%. This would fulfill Biden’s campaign pledge to subject capital gains to the top marginal income-tax rate, which, under his broader tax proposal, would rise to 39.6% from 37% for households with incomes of $400,000 or more. The plan would also end a tax break on inheritances known as “step up in basis,” which wipes out the capital gains tax on assets when the owner dies.

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...t-do-quicktake
    Is there exemptions for farmers? What about small businesses?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  10. #7525
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I am saying both can be good or bad. You have been the one adamant one is seemingly great the other is not. As shown with actual data that’s not necessarily the case.

    I never said a house is necessarily a better investment I just noted it could be. It all depends on the person/situation at hand was my entire point.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In terms of investment what is the difference between the s&p and a house?

  11. #7526
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    108,190
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Is there exemptions for farmers? What about small businesses?
    I've said it once and I'll say it again. Since we're talking about personal income taxes, they can always file as a business and pay the corporate income tax rate. It's not our fault if they decide to file their business income as personal income.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!
    ___

    Please remember not to reply to me if I'm not replying to you...you know who you are.

  12. #7527
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,753
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    In terms of investment what is the difference between the s&p and a house?
    Houses have value in the property itself rising and ability to generate monthly income via rent. They also have value outside of just the investment aspect itself that we have covered. As well as giving a place to live so you aren't paying $ for rent each month that is not gaining anything investment wise. There will also be additional costs to maintain/upgrade but those factors can come back in the properties total value long term too.

    The S&P is a market index and you can invest in index funds based on it. You will be getting a ROI based on the fund you choose I guess.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 05-26-2021 at 04:32 PM.

  13. #7528
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    7,975
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I've said it once and I'll say it again. Since we're talking about personal income taxes, they can always file as a business and pay the corporate income tax rate. It's not our fault if they decide to file their business income as personal income.
    Not sure the plusses and minuses for farmers on that one.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  14. #7529
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,723
    [QUOTE=mngopher35;33963383]
    https://finance.yahoo.com/chart/VOO/...4iOm51bGx9XX0-

    There it's is. I can't find the more interactive graph....

    I see the s&p as a long term asset. Just like most people look at a house. And my asset will be worth more. Based and annual average in the long term. There's no getting around that.

  15. #7530
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,723
    The s&p WILL spike more. But at the end of the day if you look at these as long term value one is clearly better.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •