Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 497 of 548 FirstFirst ... 397447487495496497498499507547 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,455 of 8209
  1. #7441
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    16,951
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Awesome?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep. Awesome.

    Do you see something wrong with people wanting to maintain their property value?

  2. #7442
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    16,951
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I must be in the wrong room...lefties and righties just conversing and ****
    It happens infinitely more often in the real world than it happens on PSD.
    Last edited by dbroncsinmo; 05-21-2021 at 12:13 AM.

  3. #7443
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    100,730
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    It's such a cheap investment. My current HOA costs $450/year and includes refuge haul off. The ROI is insane.
    I already have this as part of the taxes that I pay. Weekly pickup and 2 or 3 special/extra pickups (I don't remember which but I can look it up). HOA are just giving up way too much control for me. I don't like that and I won't do it. If other people want to, such as yourself, I'm not suggesting they be stopped from doing so.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  4. #7444
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    61,098

    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Yep. Awesome.

    Do you see something wrong with people wanting to maintain their property value?
    It’s awesome


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 05-21-2021 at 07:35 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  5. #7445
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    RE: HOAs……It's all about perspective.

    Close relative of mine told me I was nuts to move into a development with HOA fees. Yet he lives in an area north of NYC where his Real Estate taxes are $15,000 a year on a decent home (Large but not spectacular). And with no amenities. My HOA fee is $750 year (we get very little for it, small pool, small playground and general areas mowed) and RE taxes are $2,500.

    He's happy, I'm happy. To each his own.

    I think you would be hard pressed to find a nice subdivision in FL without an HOA.. Probably like that in other places.

    ……………………
    Interesting side story to HOAs……I spent the last several months of the year looking for a house. One story came up from a RE broker friend of mine about a BLM flag. Signs and flags (other than American Flags) are not allowed in most HOAs other than a For Sale sign at anytime and political signs during election seasons. So a case was made for the BLM flag being a political sign. Once the election is over, the signs are to be removed yet the BLM flag guy did not remove his and the HOA is (supposedly) afraid to approach the subject.

  6. #7446
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Most of the time they are effective only in pissing people off by enforcing arcane rules that serve no purpose and do nothing but give them a power trip.

    Ok second thought, now I know why you admire them.
    Still waiting for a retraction or an apology for you posting a lie about me on this.

    I guess you are showing what you are made of.

  7. #7447
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    59,721
    Lol

  8. #7448
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    100,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    RE: HOAs……It's all about perspective.

    Close relative of mine told me I was nuts to move into a development with HOA fees. Yet he lives in an area north of NYC where his Real Estate taxes are $15,000 a year on a decent home (Large but not spectacular). And with no amenities. My HOA fee is $750 year (we get very little for it, small pool, small playground and general areas mowed) and RE taxes are $2,500.

    He's happy, I'm happy. To each his own.

    I think you would be hard pressed to find a nice subdivision in FL without an HOA.. Probably like that in other places.

    ……………………
    Interesting side story to HOAs……I spent the last several months of the year looking for a house. One story came up from a RE broker friend of mine about a BLM flag. Signs and flags (other than American Flags) are not allowed in most HOAs other than a For Sale sign at anytime and political signs during election seasons. So a case was made for the BLM flag being a political sign. Once the election is over, the signs are to be removed yet the BLM flag guy did not remove his and the HOA is (supposedly) afraid to approach the subject.
    Hey I won't tell anyone they can't move into a property with an HOA. If people want to do that, it's on them. But if I see there is one in a house I'm considering, then it's immediately off the list. Doesn't matter if it checks every other backs. It's an entire dealbreaker for me.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  9. #7449
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Hey I won't tell anyone they can't move into a property with an HOA. If people want to do that, it's on them. But if I see there is one in a house I'm considering, then it's immediately off the list. Doesn't matter if it checks every other backs. It's an entire dealbreaker for me.
    To each his own. I'd weigh all the facts, costs, etc.and see how I feel. (Like I do on everything……weigh the facts costs etc. before I decide.)

    I'd weigh RE taxes far more than HOA fees. One guy I know down here has a condo on the beach. 1250 square feet. Uses it for a weekend place and vacations (about 1/2 hour from where he lives). Taxes are 8,000 a year and a condo fee of $600 per month. For a 1 bedroom. But him and the wife like to have breakfast while looking at the Gulf and dinner with spectacular sunsets.

    In my mind you have to look at the entire package.

  10. #7450
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    100,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    To each his own. I'd weigh all the facts, costs, etc.and see how I feel. (Like I do on everything……weigh the facts costs etc. before I decide.)

    I'd weigh RE taxes far more than HOA fees. One guy I know down here has a condo on the beach. 1250 square feet. Uses it for a weekend place and vacations (about 1/2 hour from where he lives). Taxes are 8,000 a year and a condo fee of $600 per month. For a 1 bedroom. But him and the wife like to have breakfast while looking at the Gulf and dinner with spectacular sunsets.

    In my mind you have to look at the entire package.
    It's far more than just the money that you pay in the fees. It's the lack of control. You want to do X on your own property, they add a new layer of bureaucracy that is entirely unnecessary. And most people that go there are control freaks from my personal experience.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  11. #7451
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It's far more than just the money that you pay in the fees. It's the lack of control. You want to do X on your own property, they add a new layer of bureaucracy that is entirely unnecessary. And most people that go there are control freaks from my personal experience.
    Bolded……only if this relates to the board. Homeowner not so much.

    I'v been in two developments with HOAs and have not come across anything unreasonable.
    Selection from about 20 different paint colors for the exterior
    no labeled trucks in the driveway
    no abandoned cars
    no parking on the grass
    trash cans out of sight
    utility sheds out pf sight
    no boats on the driveway

    Can't say any of that makes the property undesirable and would be a deal breaker. As far as the bureaucracy…it is usually little more than an email and you get approval in about a month. I buy into the community not the HOA. Most attractive communities have HOAs.

    I mentioned the Disney town of Celebration with rules about curtains and window treatments. There was also somewhere in the Miami area where you were no allowed to leave your garage door open…even when you were cutting the grass.These seemed a little ridiculous.

  12. #7452
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Still waiting for a retraction or an apology for you posting a lie about me on this.

    I guess you are showing what you are made of.
    So you don’t admire people on HOA boards?

  13. #7453
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    RE: HOAs……It's all about perspective.

    Close relative of mine told me I was nuts to move into a development with HOA fees. Yet he lives in an area north of NYC where his Real Estate taxes are $15,000 a year on a decent home (Large but not spectacular). And with no amenities. My HOA fee is $750 year (we get very little for it, small pool, small playground and general areas mowed) and RE taxes are $2,500.

    He's happy, I'm happy. To each his own.

    I think you would be hard pressed to find a nice subdivision in FL without an HOA.. Probably like that in other places.

    ……………………
    Interesting side story to HOAs……I spent the last several months of the year looking for a house. One story came up from a RE broker friend of mine about a BLM flag. Signs and flags (other than American Flags) are not allowed in most HOAs other than a For Sale sign at anytime and political signs during election seasons. So a case was made for the BLM flag being a political sign. Once the election is over, the signs are to be removed yet the BLM flag guy did not remove his and the HOA is (supposedly) afraid to approach the subject.
    What do HOA’s have to do with his property taxes? Are you saying HOA’s pay less in property taxes? Wouldn’t it actually be the opposite since they increase the value of the property and this increase the property taxes?

  14. #7454
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,931
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It's the lack of control. You want to do X on your own property, they add a new layer of bureaucracy that is entirely unnecessary. And most people that go there are control freaks from my personal experience.
    To be fair, on the flip side, many homeowners are black holes.

  15. #7455
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    What do HOA’s have to do with his property taxes? Are you saying HOA’s pay less in property taxes? Wouldn’t it actually be the opposite since they increase the value of the property and this increase the property taxes?
    You must be a pretty short guy as simply points seem to go over your head.

    Here's the simple point………

    someone criticizes spending $$$ on HOA fees that give you a return for that $$$ (parks, pools, landscaping, clubhouse etc) yet readily accepts paying an exorbitant amount of RE taxes that give you essentially nothing that anoune else doesn't get for a fraction less (roads, sewers, police, fire, teachers).

    I spend under $3k in RE taxes and HOA fees while this other person spends 5X as much……but he can paint his house in stripes and polka dots and I can't.

    To each his own.

    I get the dislike for HOAs (and I would never join a board) but I don't get the pure hatred some seem to have. You see a house and a community you would like to live in, you calculate all the costs to live there and you make a choice. Pretty simple if you ask me. I just recently went thru the whole house hunting routine, saw a great house in a great community but declined to bid due to high HOA fees……monthly cost was too high for me (HOA was almost $400 per month.)

    Do whatever you want.

    Still waiting for an apology for lying about what I said.
    Last edited by Sluggo1; 05-24-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •