Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 492 of 548 FirstFirst ... 392442482490491492493494502542 ... LastLast
Results 7,366 to 7,380 of 8210
  1. #7366
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If Trump is like most people on an HOA board, he is the scum of the earth.
    HOA people scum of the earth………No

    HOA people difficult to deal with …………Yes

    HOA people irritating pains in the ass…………Sometimes

    HOA people effective………Usually.

  2. #7367
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    HOA people scum of the earth………No

    HOA people difficult to deal with …………Yes

    HOA people irritating pains in the ass…………Sometimes

    HOA people effective………Usually.
    Most of the time they are effective only in pissing people off by enforcing arcane rules that serve no purpose and do nothing but give them a power trip.

    Ok second thought, now I know why you admire them.

  3. #7368
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,557
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Most of the time they are effective only in pissing people off by enforcing arcane rules that serve no purpose and do nothing but give them a power trip.

    Ok second thought, now I know why you admire them.
    Sounds a lot like how the government works.

    My brother is actually a board member of his apartment's HOA. Only five members but from what he's told me, the building was horribly mismanaged when he bought it and years later, it's doing much better. They were behind in their payments and people were constantly renting out their units without notifying the HOA. So I wouldn't say they're pissing people off. It really depends on who the board members are. Board members are usually owners or investors of the properties they are managing so they wouldn't want to make it unappealing if it's unreasonable.

  4. #7369
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,233
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Sounds a lot like how the government works.

    My brother is actually a board member of his apartment's HOA. Only five members but from what he's told me, the building was horribly mismanaged when he bought it and years later, it's doing much better. They were behind in their payments and people were constantly renting out their units without notifying the HOA. So I wouldn't say they're pissing people off. It really depends on who the board members are. Board members are usually owners or investors of the properties they are managing so they wouldn't want to make it unappealing if it's unreasonable.
    My neighborhood is a lot of retirees who have nothing better to do than scour the neighborhood for any minor infraction.

    The HOA had a near brawl over whether it is acceptable to have your garbage cans visible from the street on non-garbage days (the HOA says no) because some people’s cans are visible through their fences on the side of their house even though they are very tidy and orderly. It was ridiculous.

  5. #7370
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Most of the time they are effective only in pissing people off by enforcing arcane rules that serve no purpose and do nothing but give them a power trip.

    Ok second thought, now I know why you admire them.
    Oh goody another chance to make you look dumb (as if I needed help).

    Show me where I said I admire them. Show me. And if you can't show me, then have the stones to admit you lied and apologize. (Like that's going to happen.)

    So who is really the liar on these boards??? Seems like it's you.

    For the record (as if that means something here)……I've never been on an HOA, I would never go on an HOA, I do not vote on HOA business. The communities I have been in that have HOAs……I pay the entire fee in one shot each year just so I don't have tp keep hearing from them. They are a necessary evil.

    Credit where credit is due……communities with HOAs generally look better and have higher property values than communities without them. But dealing with them is not for me.

  6. #7371
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    15,846
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    most of the time they are effective only in pissing people off by enforcing arcane rules that serve no purpose and do nothing but give them a power trip.

    Ok second thought, now i know why you admire them.
    lol.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  7. #7372
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    My neighborhood is a lot of retirees who have nothing better to do than scour the neighborhood for any minor infraction.

    The HOA had a near brawl over whether it is acceptable to have your garbage cans visible from the street on non-garbage days (the HOA says no) because some people’s cans are visible through their fences on the side of their house even though they are very tidy and orderly. It was ridiculous.
    The garbage can issue is fairly common on communities with HOAs. On street and overnight parking is another common issue. As is signage, flags etc. Also exterior paint colors.

    The worst I ever heard of was in Celebration FL (a Disney designed and controlled community [they no longer own or control it]). They had restrictions on curtains and window treatments inside the homes visible to the street. On one hand that seems like unbelievable restrictive. On the other hand the community is spectacularly beautiful.

    As much as I dislike HOAs (probably a lie) I can kinda sorta see them in apartment buildings and condo assns where contact with you neighbors is so common and there are so many common areas of concern.

    To each his own

  8. #7373
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    15,846
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    why is it hard to criticize or accept criticism of AOC, she's not special.

    she will offer her opinion on anything, whether she knows what she is talking about or not.

    watch this, this is from 2018..

    https://twitter.com/ArthurSchwartz/s...22609591500807

    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/oca...not-the-expert
    Taking out of context. One was about double standard. The other said that Trump isn't dumber than AOC. Sweetness, Trump's people had to use flash cards to explain things to him while AOC is craving up people in the Senate Hearing.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  9. #7374
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    61,152

    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    My neighborhood is a lot of retirees who have nothing better to do than scour the neighborhood for any minor infraction.

    The HOA had a near brawl over whether it is acceptable to have your garbage cans visible from the street on non-garbage days (the HOA says no) because some people’s cans are visible through their fences on the side of their house even though they are very tidy and orderly. It was ridiculous.
    When I lived in a town home everyone received a letter that threaten “jail time” if you feed animals on the property


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  10. #7375
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    100,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    HOA people scum of the earth………No

    HOA people difficult to deal with …………Yes

    HOA people irritating pains in the ass…………Sometimes

    HOA people effective………Usually.
    When I bought my house I did so with the explicit purpose of not even for a moment considering a property that had an HOA. They can go **** themselves in the most remote locations of their ***.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  11. #7376
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    16,982
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    When I bought my house I did so with the explicit purpose of not even for a moment considering a property that had an HOA. They can go **** themselves in the most remote locations of their ***.
    HOAs are there to maintain property value. Sounds to me like you're the one ****ing himself.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  12. #7377
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,473
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Really, in this thread count how many times, moderate and republicans, have diss AOC and how many times I wasn't explaining why I support her and was defending her.

    Really I could give two crap and a bag of chips about your white, conservative opinion about the leaders I follow.

    Democrat moderate give lip service and the republicans try to suppress us. So I know who you are, and where you are coming from and it ain't on the blacks side.

    So rip on, I heard all the attacks on MLK down to C. T.Vivian of Chicago during the sixties, who I personally met and been in his home. My girlfriend was best friends with his daughter. I will remember him forever.

    So continue to question her intelligence, her morals and experience. It is to expected.
    1. I think AOC is smart she's not some genius IQ level but good politicians rarely are the "smartest". She'd probably beat the brakes off of any republican here in a debate on anything.

    2. She pandered a lot early on and called for votes that meant nothing. She learned the hard way. 2 years ago AOC would be all about force the vote. And other virtue signaling nonsense.

    3. AOC clearly is genuine. If she had **** morals she'd have a 100 million dollar CNN contract right now.

    4. I think you'd even agree with the inexperience criticism.

    But special is the last person who should be calling anyone "not bright." Special comes off as being um... a bit autis....awesome... he comes off as awesome.

  13. #7378
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    15,846
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    1. I think AOC is smart she's not some genius IQ level but good politicians rarely are the "smartest". She'd probably beat the brakes off of any republican here in a debate on anything.

    2. She pandered a lot early on and called for votes that meant nothing. She learned the hard way. 2 years ago AOC would be all about force the vote. And other virtue signaling nonsense.

    3. AOC clearly is genuine. If she had **** morals she'd have a 100 million dollar CNN contract right now.

    4. I think you'd even agree with the inexperience criticism.

    But special is the last person who should be calling anyone "not bright." Special comes off as being um... a bit autis....awesome... he comes off as awesome.
    I think he is deeper on the spectrum then I am.

    AOC and Katie Porter are my favorites politicians right now, I am not marry to them. I use to favor Bernie and Ms Warren a couple of years ago. So I ride with a politicians until they let me down or prove unable to invoke change.

    Of course I agree that AOC and the squad are inexperience, they only been in congress for less than three years. I am just saying that should be taken into consideration when judging their performance. Young bucks came hot and heavy, they are settling in picking their spots. They didn't enter into congress as career politicians on their brain but activists. Being a activist and a politician can be messy and I admit disruptive. But Congress need to be shaken up. I think Katie Porter had the best freshman run while Qanon Greene is the worst. Greene is a want to be AOC for the republicans but she is low-brow, lacking class and grace, and intelligences.
    Last edited by WES445; 05-17-2021 at 08:34 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  14. #7379
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    indianpolis - north side
    Posts
    10,089
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I think he is deeper on the spectrum then I am.

    AOC and Katie Porter are my favorites politicians right now, I am not marry to them. I use to favor Bernie and Ms Warren a couple of years ago. So I ride with a politicians until they let me down or prove unable to invoke change.

    Of course I agree that AOC and the squad are inexperience, they only been in congress for less than three years. I am just saying that should be taken into consideration when judging their performance. Young bucks came hot and heavy, they are settling in picking their spots. They didn't enter into congress as career politicians on their brain but activists. Being a activist and a politician can be messy and I admit disruptive. But Congress need to be shaken up. I think Katie Porter had the best freshman run while Qanon Greene is the worst. Greene is a want to be AOC for the republicans but she is low-brow, lacking class and grace, and intelligences.
    AOC has grown on me. At first, she was someone I mostly agreed with, but didn't see anything special about what she did. But, as you said, she had learned and gotten better at this politics stuff. It will be fun to see if she can make it in the NFL as it were. Its early, but there might be a presidential run in her future, if she continues to improve. A lot depends on her improving her negatives.

    Green is exactly what her voters want her to be. A lot of her support comes from people who rate 'owning the liberals' as an important quality in their pols. So being an ******* is almost a job requirement. Plus there is trying to make a name for herself. What better way that picking a fight with someone actually famous. JMO, but AOC has done the smart thing in not engaging. No reason to fight down. Plus the smarmy concern for Green's mental health was a nice touch.

  15. #7380
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,473
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I think he is deeper on the spectrum then I am.

    AOC and Katie Porter are my favorites politicians right now, I am not marry to them. I use to favor Bernie and Ms Warren a couple of years ago. So I ride with a politicians until they let me down or prove unable to invoke change.

    Of course I agree that AOC and the squad are inexperience, they only been in congress for less than three years. I am just saying that should be taken into consideration when judging their performance. Young bucks came hot and heavy, they are settling in picking their spots. They didn't enter into congress as career politicians on their brain but activists. Being a activist and a politician can be messy and I admit disruptive. But Congress need to be shaken up. I think Katie Porter had the best freshman run while Qanon Greene is the worst. Greene is a want to be AOC for the republicans but she is low-brow, lacking class and grace, and intelligences.
    Just to be clear. I don't think specials autistic. I've never met a dumb autistic person before.

    I'm sorry I'm trying to be nicer but I can't be nice to special.

    Do you think green is just a con though? She doesn't even get me mad or anything because she's so obviously dim. And desperate.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •