Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 483 of 610 FirstFirst ... 383433473481482483484485493533583 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,245 of 9139
  1. #7231
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    41,504
    I like AOC and think she's important and prefer her to most other politicians. I also think she says some really stupid stuff. Both can be true.

  2. #7232
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    46,290
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    when someone says something stupid it is worth commenting on. pick any politician (Republican or Democrat) and that would be the same case.
    That’s where we disagree. I spend my time reading actual news stories, you apparently spend your time reading dumb tweets.

  3. #7233
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,818
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    That’s where we disagree. I spend my time reading actual news stories, you apparently spend your time reading dumb tweets.
    actual news, like an idiot referring to a statistical surge at the border with something related to insurgents and for some reason white supremacy.

    she said something stupid, this should be clear to anyone. why are people so adamant in defending her on anything and everything.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  4. #7234
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    46,290
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    actual news, like an idiot referring to a statistical surge at the border with something related to insurgents and for some reason white supremacy.

    she said something stupid, this should be clear to anyone. why are people so adamant in defending her on anything and everything.
    Because some people are so adamant in attacking her on anything and everything.

    If she farted you would post how she’s a hypocrite for releasing gas into the atmosphere while championing climate change.

  5. #7235
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    41,504
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Because some people are so adamant in attacking her on anything and everything.

    If she farted you would post how she’s a hypocrite for releasing gas into the atmosphere while championing climate change.
    Actual LOL from me.

  6. #7236
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I like AOC and think she's important and prefer her to most other politicians. I also think she says some really stupid stuff. Both can be true.
    I have nothing against AOC personally.

    it is very disturbing to me how some dummies can get elected to where they have some say in how our country is run. She fits this bill. Maxine Waters is another. And I am sure the repubs have their fair share buy they don't seem to get the publicity that the spoken dems get. Greene from GA comes to mind but I'm sure that for every AOC and Wacky Maxine there is some oafish repub good ole boy from the hills that sits on his *** in DC on some committee and does nothing.

    And they're almost all representatives. What many of you do not get is this (brought up before)……while you may be impressed with someone winning an election to the House, it is not all that difficult in many cases. AOC was a dem in a district where "a glass of water with a "D" after its name would get elected" (Pelosi's words, not mine). AOC won the dem primary in her district (fair and square) in an election where only about 15% of the electorate voted. She is not an overwhelming choice (but did win fair and square.) She won the golden goose with a small number of people voting for her. This does not happen as much in the Senate where candidates must appeal to a far broader range of voters.

    Once elected it is very hard to get them out. Incumbents in heavily leaning districts almost always win re-election (see Waters, Wacky Maxine, 30 years in Congress). Wacky Maxine should have lost to the young black guy running against her based on her accomplishments…which is nothing. Same with the young black girl running in Baltimore. If voters were going by identity politics (which I can understand) , the challengers brought that to the table … young, aggressive, appealing black candidates. Instead they went for Wacky Maxine who had been around forever and done nothing and Kwazi Mifune in Balto another do nothing who had been around forever.

    The real scary thing about AOC………as I mentioned that it is tougher to get elected to the senate due to needing a much broader appeal across the electorate in the state, AOC could accomplish this. In NY State, NYC is about 40% of the state population. She could do it.

    …………

    Some advice (not that you will take it)……it may help to step back a bit, look at things logically, and think things thru a bit more.
    Last edited by Sluggo1; 04-01-2021 at 12:10 PM.

  7. #7237
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,341
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Because some people are so adamant in attacking her on anything and everything.

    If she farted you would post how she’s a hypocrite for releasing gas into the atmosphere while championing climate change.
    She's in the news all the time. She had a segment on MSNBC last night. She posts little videos constantly. She is a human photo op…and loves it.

    People are going to respond. What is it you are not getting here????

  8. #7238
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    41,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I have nothing against AOC personally.

    it is very disturbing to me how some dummies can get elected to where they have some say in how our country is run. She fits this bill. Maxine Waters is another. And I am sure the repubs have their fair share buy they don't seem to get the publicity that the spoken dems get. Greene from GA comes to mind but I'm sure that for every AOC and Wacky Maxine there is some oafish repub good ole boy from the hills that sits on his *** in DC on some committee and does nothing.

    And they're almost all representatives. What many of you do not get is this (brought up before)……while you may be impressed with someone winning an election to the House, it is not all that difficult in many cases. AOC was a dem in a district where "a glass of water with a "D" after its name would get elected" (Pelosi's words, not mine). AOC won the dem primary in her district (fair and square) in an election where only about 15% of the electorate voted. She is not an overwhelming choice (but did win fair and square.) She won the golden goose with a small number of people voting for her. This does not happen as much in the Senate where candidates must appeal to a far broader range of voters.

    Once elected it is very hard to get them out. Incumbents in heavily leaning districts almost always win re-election (see Waters, Wacky Maxine, 30 years in Congress). Wacky Maxine should have lost to the young black guy running against her based on her accomplishments…which is nothing. Same with the young black girl running in Baltimore. If voters were going by identity politics (which I can understand) , the challengers brought that to the table … young, aggressive, appealing black candidates. Instead they went for Wacky Maxine who had been around forever and done nothing and Kwazi Mifune in Balto another do nothing who had been around forever.

    The real scary thing about AOC………as I mentioned that it is tougher to get elected to the senate due to needing a much broader appeal across the electorate in the state, AOC could accomplish this. In NY State, NYC is about 40% of the state population. She could do it.

    …………

    Some advice (not that you will take it)……it may help to step back a bit, look at things logically, and think things thru a bit more.
    I do look at things logically ... ask valade, I drive him crazy with my pedantry ... and logically we need people in politics who are passionate and who don't toe the line and who speak their minds damn the consequences. Like I said, she says some really dumb things, but she's still valuable.

  9. #7239
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    And I am sure the repubs have their fair share buy they don't seem to get the publicity that the spoken dems get. Greene from GA comes to mind.
    We had a thread going on Greene — went into double digits in pages — but I notice you never posted on it (were you off site for two months?)

  10. #7240
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    We had a thread going on Greene — went into double digits in pages — but I notice you never posted on it (were you off site for two months?)
    Pretty much.

  11. #7241
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I do look at things logically ... ask valade, I drive him crazy with my pedantry ... and logically we need people in politics who are passionate and who don't toe the line and who speak their minds damn the consequences. Like I said, she says some really dumb things, but she's still valuable.
    I can deal with differences of opinion, different trains of thought.

    I find it tough to deal with stupidity……and stupidity, seemingly, cannot be cured.

  12. #7242
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,190
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    there was no reason whatsoever for her to mention the word insurgents, or white supremacy. it's her typical stupidity and victim mentality.

    why is she even saying this about the border when anyone with a brain can see damn well that it's a surge. that is why the numbers are what they are.

    surge.



    Washington Post..
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...479_story.html



    surge, while Democrats don't want to call this a crisis, and people like AOC saying stupid **** like she did.
    There was a reason and she explained it. If someone is too stupid to follow her words that's kind of on that person.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  13. #7243
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,349
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    There was a reason and she explained it. If someone is too stupid to follow her words that's kind of on that person.
    Military or not, there really is no surge or insurgency (in fact what is a so-called invasion is actually normal seasonal uptick of persons seeking work in US agriculture — you know, the work that is “beneath” most Americans, read: “too hard”).

  14. #7244
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,818
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Because some people are so adamant in attacking her on anything and everything.

    If she farted you would post how she’s a hypocrite for releasing gas into the atmosphere while championing climate change.
    that wouldn't be me. I can give her credit on things I agree with.


    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-investigation
    AOC calls for 'full investigation' into Cuomo's handling of nursing homes
    awesome. I've already express an opinion on Cuomo before that is worse than the allegations from women.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  15. #7245
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    46,290
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    that wouldn't be me. I can give her credit on things I agree with.

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-investigation

    awesome. I've already express an opinion on Cuomo before that is worse than the allegations from women.
    Yes, you are very good at giving Democrats credit when they criticize other Democrats.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •