Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 451 of 548 FirstFirst ... 351401441449450451452453461501 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 8217
  1. #6751
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    60,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I agree, and I am totally on AOCs side on this (other than her calling Cruz an attempted murderer), but it does make me wonder why people who were reacting with fear to riots in other parts of the country through half of 2020 were not sympathetic of them too. It really seems logic is missing us somehow. Some is clearly driven by politicians who want us divided and the press using it as a lure, but some of it just comes down to people seeming more gullible than ever.
    #BothSides4Lyfe

  2. #6752
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    60,449
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    "Our staff, our Capitol Police, our House clerks, we thank you," said Ocasio-Cortez. “We know how many of you were put in the line of danger because of the job you have.” That was on the House floor.
    Thank you, sir.

  3. #6753
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,108
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Conservatives need this safe space to whine about the big, bad minority woman with a little power.
    They hate that. She's not white, super rich or male so why she is gaining all this influence?

  4. #6754
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,760
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    "Our staff, our Capitol Police, our House clerks, we thank you," said Ocasio-Cortez. “We know how many of you were put in the line of danger because of the job you have.” That was on the House floor.

    I see this, but still misleading.

    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...iot-experience

    "Our staff, our Capitol Police, our House clerks, we thank you," said Ocasio-Cortez. “We know how many of you were put in the line of danger because of the job you have.”
    article goes on to say this, that I have already provided..

    On the day of the riot, the lawmaker said that she heard banging on her office door, prompting her to hide in the bathroom. She added that she attempted to hide in a closet before the intruder breached her office door, and she could hear a man yelling, "Where is she?!"

    "This was the moment where I thought everything was over," she said. "In retrospect, maybe it was four seconds. Maybe it was five seconds. Maybe it was 10 seconds. Maybe it was one second. I don't know. It felt like my brain was able to have so many thoughts in that moment between these screams and these yells of 'Where is she? Where is she?'"

    “I thought I was going to die,” she continued. “You have a lot of thoughts I think when you're in a situation like that. And like also one of those thoughts that I have is ... I really just felt like if this is the plan for me, then people will be able to take it from here.”

    She said that the man yelling at her door wound up being a Capitol Police officer, but that he did not announce himself.
    again I'm not debating how she felt. but after this has been over with she knows this was Capitol police wanting to help her.

    where is she thanking that person?
    where is she apologizing for being wrong about this person?

    if she has done that I would gladly give her credit.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  5. #6755
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,760
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You also made the argument

    4. She was not in any danger.

    That argument is not true.
    then go ahead and do what I asked you before, go ahead and show me anyone that got close to her.

    none of the people rioting got close to her.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  6. #6756
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,760
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Who cares if she wasn't in the Capitol building. She was in the building connected to it while an angry mob was outside looking for her because she is one of the more prominent politicians these idiots wanted to make an example of.

    Ted Cruz's rhetoric, much like the presidents, incited those people. If you keep waving a steak bone around a pack of hungry dogs, eventually they're going to bite. They may have been strong words but I understand her fear and frustration. The constant beating of "the election was stolen" drum led to this.

    As for your last point that has already been debunked as Sitewolf referenced.
    I also understand her fear which I have not debated.

    had anyone got to the building she was in she would have been in danger.

    the last part hasn't been debunked, she didn't thank him specifically, or apologize for vilifying him.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  7. #6757
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    60,449
    My ****ing goodness. Even for you, this never ending argument is well beyond mind numbingly stupid.

    Please show us on the doll where AOC hurt you, Special.

  8. #6758
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,002
    Closing in on the half-century mark.

    Come on Special, how about one or two more of your patented post cascades?

  9. #6759
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,108
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I also understand her fear which I have not debated.

    had anyone got to the building she was in she would have been in danger.

    the last part hasn't been debunked, she didn't thank him specifically, or apologize for vilifying him.
    She was in danger. The two buildings are connected. All of those politicians were in danger if they were inside anywhere where members of Congress convene. Some more so than others but the point remains. You're splitting hairs for the sake of trying to vilify AOC and its comes across really petty and partisan.

    Your argument was "she didn't thank them" verbatim. I'm not paraphrasing here. This is a point you made that was shown to be clearly incorrect.

  10. #6760
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,760
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    She was in danger. The two buildings are connected. All of those politicians were in danger if they were inside anywhere where members of Congress convene. Some more so than others but the point remains. You're splitting hairs for the sake of trying to vilify AOC and its comes across really petty and partisan.

    Your argument was "she didn't thank them" verbatim. I'm not paraphrasing here. This is a point you made that was shown to be clearly incorrect.
    AOC specifically targeted the officer that was there to help her, that he had anger and hostility in his eyes. she was flat out wrong, and should apologize for that.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  11. #6761
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,174
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    AOC specifically targeted the officer that was there to help her, that he had anger and hostility in his eyes. she was flat out wrong, and should apologize for that.
    So you didn’t feel scared or unnerved when you were in the room next to her?

  12. #6762
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,108
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    AOC specifically targeted the officer that was there to help her, that he had anger and hostility in his eyes. she was flat out wrong, and should apologize for that.
    Again that's not the hill you chose to die on. You said she didn't thank the Capitol police and she clearly did.

  13. #6763
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,726
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    AOC specifically targeted the officer that was there to help her, that he had anger and hostility in his eyes. she was flat out wrong, and should apologize for that.
    targeted? ok

    and, again, she did apologize......try and keep up, at least a lil bit

    of course he had anger and hostility in his eyes...there was a mad armed mob storming the complex, you'd be reacting with some hostility, too.....she misread who it was directed at and apologized
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  14. #6764
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Closing in on the half-century mark.

    Come on Special, how about one or two more of your patented post cascades?
    we'll get there!
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  15. #6765
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    5,017
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    targeted? ok

    and, again, she did apologize......try and keep up, at least a lil bit

    of course he had anger and hostility in his eyes...there was a mad armed mob storming the complex, you'd be reacting with some hostility, too.....she misread who it was directed at and apologized
    Where? All I have seen is a general thanks to the Capitol Police.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •