Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 442 of 548 FirstFirst ... 342392432440441442443444452492542 ... LastLast
Results 6,616 to 6,630 of 8217
    snopes.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/snopes...k-capitol-hill

The liberal fact-checking website Snopes raised eyebrows for appearing to contradict itself regarding the controversy surrounding the Capitol Hill riot story from U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
    The New York Democrat this week offered an emotional account of what she said she experienced Jan. 6, repeatedly telling her Instagram followers that she thought she was going to die after hearing banging outside her office door.

However, critics pointed out that Ocasio-Cortez wasn't inside the main Capitol building when the rioters stormed. Many accused the leader of the "Squad" of progressive Democrats of either exaggerating or fabricating her claim.
    On Wednesday, Snopes took on the claim, posting, "Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez exaggerated the danger she was in during the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot, in that she 'wasn't even in the Capitol building' when the rioting occurred."

Snopes rated the claim "mostly false."

But underneath its "what's true" section, Snopes acknowledged, "Ocasio-Cortez wasn't in the main Capitol building where the House and Senate Chambers are located."
    "They acknowledge the claim is true, then go on to rate it 'mostly false,' anyway. @snopes is shameless," Babylon Bee CEO Seth Dillon reacted.

Ben Shapiro knocked Snopes for declaring the headline from his website The Daily Wire "misleading," writing, "This is a weird fact-check from Snopes. I mean, they say that 'what's true' is EXACTLY what the DW tweet says. Then they call the DW tweet 'misleading.' Almost as though they're just a Left-wing spin outfit."

"Snopes and Bethania Palma (author of this piece of crap) are not about the facts or the truth. They're hacks trying to provide cover for a liar because they agree politically," NewsBusters analyst Nicholas Fondacaro wrote.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Obsessed much?

I don't know about you guys but I always trust Ben Shapiro and FOX News over Snopes. Especially when it comes to giving us the real story on one of their favorite villains aka AOC.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Obsessed much?

you with me, yes.

you're certainly not someone I expect an actual debate with. let me know when you want to actually post something on topic, until then keep up with posts like this or emjois.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

I meant you with AOC (obviously). If I felt you actually had anything valuable to add to a conversation, I'd certainly engage you.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    2 different buildings, and none of those rioting were near her.

you're in the United States, good thing you survived such a tragic incident, right, good job.
    If I were in the capitol complex, then yes, good job. I am pointing out to you that they were in the same building complex. The one that was breached.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I never said she wasn't safe or wasn't scared. I said she wasn't in danger of being murdered because nobody got near her. that is the word she used, almost murdered. the way people talk they actually believe that she was almost murdered.
    She was. She was in a building complex which was breached by people with weapons who wanted to kill her.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Really, the only question is how deep is this bloody godawful rabbit hole?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    It's pretty ****ing sad that you are this concerned over one event that actually didn't come close to threatening this woman, while you 100% didn't give a solitary **** when innocent business owners were getting their ***** kicked on a nightly basis and losing their livelihood.
    Right wing bible: resort to whataboutism whenever challenged and have nothing left to say.

I never said she wasn't safe or wasn't scared. I said she wasn't in danger of being murdered because nobody got near her. that is the word she used, almost murdered. the way people talk they actually believe that she was almost murdered.

No one, including AOC has claimed she was almost murdered that day. No one. She said, she thought she was going to die, when capital police started banging on her door, yelling, "where is she," and entered her office without identifying themselves while she hid. If i were in her shoes, i absolutely would have thought the same if I got daily death threats from unhinged right wingers.

What i do hear a lot is, she was NO danger whatsoever, and this is a falsehood being spread by the right to distract and lessen the impact of what happened that day, because there is zero justification for storming the capital building, so they need to say something to delfect. If Trump had been there and told his followers to find and drag out every politician against him, and tie them up on the lawn, they would have done it, but of course, he wasn't there because he's just a two bit con man, who gets other ppl to do his dirty work for him. This way he can disavow them afterwards. It's been his pattern throughout his presidency and his whole life.

it's not whataboutism, this is not about who or what incited to rioting.

not the house next door, unless it takes 10 minutes to walk to the house next door.
    even her own reps didn't help.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/04/aoc-bl...ot-experience/

if someone breaks into a kitchen, and a person is upstairs at most a 10 minute walk down the road (literally in this case), then no they are not in the same house physically upstairs.

this from the article is also against AOC, and something else nobody wants to admit was wrong on her part.

she knows especially after the fact that he was there to help her, and I have seen nothing of her thankful for that, thanking him for doing his job to help her be safe. that shouldn't be something using him to continue an agenda, it should be something where one says thank you.

AOC was not out of danger simply from being across the street. What kind of argument is this? lol. What you might be able to say is that she was not in imminent danger because the focus was on the capital building, but how quickly could that have changed, if a faction of the mob decided, hey, let's pay her office a visit? You honestly think that running across a lawn and then a small road to her building is somehow a huge obstacle? I mean maybe, if you're an ant. You're hilarious.

The cannon building is probably a 2 min run over. Normally it would probably take you 5 to 6 minutes to casually walk over. Way to die on a hill arguing how far away the cannon building is, so she was perfectly safe due to distance. Never mind the fact that lunatics were scaling a huge wall at the capital in order to get inside.

AOC said exactly where she was in her statement

Please refrain from posting opinion articles from known bad actors. Stick to the facts
    Last edited by rhino17; 02-08-2021 at 04:11 PM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Really, the only question is how deep is this bloody godawful rabbit hole?
    As deep as everyone else is willing to indulge a certain poster and their despicable outlook on the situation being discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Oh I could easily stomach it. I just don’t believe you. If you truly didn’t have an opinion you wouldn’t only be talking about all the evidence that she is lying.

Also, the link shows Pelosi’s office as 1236 Longworth, which is another building in the Capitol complex for House offices and not the actual Capitol building. It only says Speakers get “ceremonial speaker’s rooms”.

But keep desperately trying to prove she was lying while maintaining you don’t know if she was or not.
    I am not trying to prove anything.

I made the statement that the terrorists could have been in her Capitol office and not her personal congressional office. That looks probable from what we know.

Again, you be you.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    She WAS in the Capitol.
    She said she was in her office which is not the Capitol. What is being missed?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

real political discussion? Like issues, political in-fighting. I think it was you two that were dissing AOC for dancing or the clothes she was wearing as well. Yeah, keep it real.
    Last edited by WES445; 02-08-2021 at 05:05 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers