Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 440 of 548 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441442450490540 ... LastLast
Results 6,586 to 6,600 of 8217
    if that was 'it' we wouldn't be 6 pages into this complete nonsense
    you're fighting this more than Ted Cruz.....why is that?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Sometimes you gotta just agree to disagree [emoji846]
    Or everyone agrees a single person is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    AOC wasn't in the "house next door", she was down the block.

more evidence that those rioting were idiots, her location is listed online where anyone could know where she was. I've provided that easily myself, Cannon building.

nothing Trump said was equivalent to fire in a theater.

if Trump is supposed to be held accountable for the actions of morons who interpreted something wrong then were is the standard for the other side and things they have said that have been actually worse. where are the charges for the likes of Maxine Waters and Hillary Clinton?
    The Cannon Building is across the street from the capital building. It's a brief walk across. There are also underground tunnels that lead from there to the capital and vice versa. I'd call that the "house next door."

yes, her office is public knowledge, which simply confirms the potential for great danger. Thank you for making the argument for me. Not to mention, the cannon house doesn't even have the same security detail as the capital building, which was breached easily.

Sorry, but neither of those even remotely approached inciting a riot at the nations capital, for the purposes of overturning the election. Your whataboutism is rather weak. At least come up with better false equivalencies.

honesty. lets have some honesty and people being bipartisan. drop the political ******** that some think means they have to stick to their side and lets criticize people where it's due.

AOC to Ted Cruz, "you almost had me murdered". that is not true. that is at least misleading/exaggerating, which has been established with Trump is the same as lying. she deceived people and people here don't care. why should anyone expect honest conversation when something simple like this can't be agreed on.
    I dont think she deceived anyone. I think she felt her life was in danger(not sure how I could have or find any information that she didnt) and I think that Ted Cruz's false allegations of widespread voter fraud contributed to what happened at the capital that day. Was she being a little hyperbolic when she said he tried to have her murdered, I guess. It was a pissing match on twitter, which has never had you this upset before.

That's my honest take on the situation. I understand what happened, I've seen all the relevant facts to this point, and that's the conclusion I've come to. You are, of course, welcome to have a different opinion. Unless you have some emails or documents where AOC is saying she didnt fear for her life or that this twitter comment is a plot to take cruz down, you wont be swaying my opinion. So again, what is the point? We disagree, and that's allowed in both of our fine countries.

Police see a cellphone in a man’s hand and can’t tell it’s a phone, it’s reasonable to assume his life is in danger and for him to shoot the man dead.

AOC gets death threats from people who storm the adjoining building looking for her and police direct her to barricade herself in and hide, but it’s unreasonable to assume her life is in danger.

What a topsy-turvy world we live in.

I just thought of another parallel. This is like saying Sam and Frodo weren’t in danger in Bree because the Nazgul who were trying to kill them were stabbing their beds in the Inn next door.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Police see a cellphone in a man’s hand and can’t tell it’s a phone, it’s reasonable to assume his life is in danger and for him to shoot the man dead.

AOC gets death threats from people who storm the adjoining building looking for her and police direct her to barricade herself in and hide, but it’s unreasonable to assume her life is in danger.

What a topsy-turvy world we live in.
    no reason to bring up the first because I would bet damn well that you yourself would have an issue with any police that did that.

I've said no doubt she was scared, but her feeling one way doesn't mean she was in danger.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    The Cannon Building is across the street from the capital building. It's a brief walk across. There are also underground tunnels that lead from there to the capital and vice versa. I'd call that the "house next door."

yes, her office is public knowledge, which simply confirms the potential for great danger. Thank you for making the argument for me. Not to mention, the cannon house doesn't even have the same security detail as the capital building, which was breached easily.

Sorry, but neither of those even remotely approached inciting a riot at the nations capital, for the purposes of overturning the election. Your whataboutism is rather weak. At least come up with better false equivalencies.
    it's not whataboutism, this is not about who or what incited to rioting.

not the house next door, unless it takes 10 minutes to walk to the house next door.
    even her own reps didn't help.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/04/aoc-bl...ot-experience/
    Reps for Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez provided a statement to The Post, reiterating the fact that her office is connected by underground tunnel to the Capitol Dome and that the congresswoman was at risk on Jan. 6.

“The Congresswoman’s office is connected to the Capitol Dome by an underground tunnel. It is at most a 10 minute walk. If someone breaks into your house through the kitchen, and you’re physically upstairs, no one thinks you’re safe.
    if someone breaks into a kitchen, and a person is upstairs at most a 10 minute walk down the road (literally in this case), then no they are not in the same house physically upstairs.

this from the article is also against AOC, and something else nobody wants to admit was wrong on her part.

She had been barricaded in her office for hours when a man who turned out to be a Capitol Police officer rushed into her office to direct her to a safer location for lawmakers.

The officer, AOC said, had “anger and hostility in his eyes,” making her question if he was trying to put her in a “vulnerable situation.” Still, she chose to trust him and not “pass judgment.”
    she knows especially after the fact that he was there to help her, and I have seen nothing of her thankful for that, thanking him for doing his job to help her be safe. that shouldn't be something using him to continue an agenda, it should be something where one says thank you.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    if that was 'it' we wouldn't be 6 pages into this complete nonsense
    you're fighting this more than Ted Cruz.....why is that?
    because PSD left is partisan, expects me to have better conversation on things they think are true while refusing to do the same on something obvious the other way.

you even said, Cruz didn't almost have her murdered. yet others can not even come to accept that Ted Cruz did not almost have AOC murdered.

that is what is called an exaggeration. but people will fight me while refusing to admit that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

no reason to bring up the first because I would bet damn well that you yourself would have an issue with any police that did that.

I've said no doubt she was scared, but her feeling one way doesn't mean she was in danger.
    She had a mob of armed people looking for her to kill her, and they had broken into govt buildings to do such.

Obviously she was in danger, lol, wtf??

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    She had a mob of armed people looking for her to kill her, and they had broken into govt buildings to do such.

Obviously she was in danger, lol, wtf??

broke into what building?

what building was AOC in?

the answer to those are available.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I suppose we should be saying the people on the opposite side of the Pentagon weren’t in any danger on 9/11 because the plane didn’t fly through their offices...

If armed vigilantes were looking to kill you and broke into your neighbors house looking for you, would you call the police?

Broke into the United States Capitol Complex, same complex AOC was in.

You were right, easily available...

Last edited by nastynice; 02-07-2021 at 06:06 PM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If armed vigilantes were looking to kill you and broke into your neighbors house looking for you, would you call the police?
    of course. and when they got there before anyone that wanted to hurt me I would be, thankful.
    I would not assume that they were also there to hurt me and vilify them online.

if I was barricaded in place for hours before police got there, then I wasn't in danger from those that broke into a house down the road as I first thought. still scared as I said AOC was, but not in the same danger had they gotten closer.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯