Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 436 of 548 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437438446486536 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,540 of 8217
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    It's beyond absurd how much time he spends searching for tweets to show that AOC shouldn't have been scared as much as she was. What a lonely pathetic person.

I've taken Dbroncs suggestion and am not going to respond anymore.
    **** me I never said she shouldn't have been scared.

I said she was never in any real danger. I said she lied about Ted Cruz. nobody has provided anything to contradict these things, yet want to argue in circles about whether it was okay AOC was scared.

that is how she felt, that can't be taken away. but whether or not she was in any real danger can be supported by evidence, that nobody even wants to do. I provided where her office is (Cannon) so someone can go ahead and show where that building had even 1 person rioting.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

you didn't answer me, valade16.

show me a few rioters storming AOC's building. show me any of them going down her hallway.

https://ocasio-cortez.house.gov/contact/offices
    Washington, DC Office
    229 Cannon HOB
    can you show me anyone rioting/storming into the Cannon building.

how was she in any danger.

https://twitter.com/phil_mattingly/s...86700627353600
    1:29 PM
    Capitol Police have sent evacuation notices "due to police activity" for those in the Madison Building and Cannon House Office Building
    https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/s...92312354451457
    1:52
    Cap Police have given the all clear notice for Canmon
    23 minutes and that building was all clear.

it's been established that she was scared/afraid. I haven't disagreed with that. that has not been the point of this, but some keep deflecting back to that as if that is what this is about when it's not.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jesus, what a waste of time

Going around and around trying to show a traumatized victim, receiving death threats, that she wasn't quite as close to being murdered as she initially thought (even though the terrorists had killed people and had infiltrated the building).

What a dumb thing to even discuss, let alone argue about.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post

Going around and around trying to show a traumatized victim, receiving death threats, that she wasn't quite as close to being murdered as she initially thought (even though the terrorists had killed people and had infiltrated the building).

bold is enough of something to talk about when that person keeps acting like she was almost murdered. when confronted she doubles down rather than admitting the bold.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    you didn't answer me, valade16.

show me a few rioters storming AOC's building. show me any of them going down her hallway.

https://ocasio-cortez.house.gov/contact/offices

can you show me anyone rioting/storming into the Cannon building.

how was she in any danger.

https://twitter.com/phil_mattingly/s...86700627353600
    1:29 PM

https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/s...92312354451457
    1:52

23 minutes and that building was all clear.

it's been established that she was scared/afraid. I haven't disagreed with that. that has not been the point of this, but some keep deflecting back to that as if that is what this is about when it's not.
    Nor will I. It’s a stupid question.

This is part of an insidious agenda to portray the Capitol riots as not that bad or not violent.

bold is enough of something to talk about when that person keeps acting like she was almost murdered. when confronted she doubles down rather than admitting the bold.
    I'm not sure what this even says lol

She was at an active terrorist attack and was named specifically as a target they wanted to assassinate.

The ONLY people that should be discussed in this situation are people that perpetuated the lie that led to this - there are so many people to criticize, expel, and even arrest for this situation. And you are focusing on a completely nonsensical argument about one of the victims. Pick an actual bad actor in this situation to discuss, but you won't ever do that. "PLEASE no accountability", amirite? DUMB DUMB DUMB
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

It’s also funny how the same people who say she wasn’t in any danger always defend cops who shoot unarmed victims because they felt in danger and didn’t know if the suspect had a gun.

Well if a cop not knowing if someone was grabbing a gun is enough for them to feel in danger, then AOC not knowing if the armed group that attacked the Capitol and tweeted they wanted to execute her was going to bust down her door was more than enough for her to be in danger.

Monumentally dumb and a perfect encapsulation of what the guy represents.

No, AOC Didn't Make Up Her Capitol Riots Experience

Since Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the New York Democrat, took to Instagram Live on Monday to describe what the Jan. 6 riot was like from inside the Capitol complex, critics have claimed that she wasn’t where she said she was, or that she couldn’t have experienced what she described from her location.

These claims are false.

While Ms. Ocasio-Cortez was not in the main, domed Capitol building when the rioters breached it, she never said she was. She accurately described being in the Cannon House Office Building, which is part of the Capitol complex and is connected to the main building by tunnels.

In her livestream, Ms. Ocasio-Cortez recalled hiding in a bathroom and thinking she was going to die as unknown people entered her office and shouted, “Where is she?” They turned out to be Capitol Police officers who had not clearly identified themselves, and Ms. Ocasio-Cortez said so on Instagram. She did not claim that they were rioters — only that, from her hiding spot, she initially thought they were.

During the riot, reporters wrote on Twitter that the Cannon building was being evacuated because of credible threats, and that Capitol Police officers were running through the hallways and entering offices just as Ms. Ocasio-Cortez described.

The false claims about her statements have spread widely online, much of the backlash stemming from an article on the conservative RedState blog and a livestream from the right-wing commentator Steven Crowder. On Thursday, Representative Nancy Mace, Republican of South Carolina, tweeted, “I’m two doors down from @aoc and no insurrectionists stormed our hallway.”

But Ms. Ocasio-Cortez never said insurrectionists had stormed that hallway, and Ms. Mace herself has described being frightened enough to barricade her own door. A spokeswoman for Ms. Mace said on Friday that the congresswoman’s tweet had been intended as “an indictment of the media for reporting there were insurrectionists in our hallway when in fact there were not,” and that it “was not at all directed at Ocasio-Cortez.”

“As the Capitol complex was stormed and people were being killed, none of us knew in the moment what areas were compromised,” Ms. Ocasio-Cortez tweeted in response to Ms. Mace’s post. (A spokeswoman for Ms. Ocasio-Cortez said the lawmaker had no additional comment.)

Others have corroborated Ms. Ocasio-Cortez’s account and confirmed that the Cannon building was threatened, even though the rioters did not ultimately breach it.

Ari Rabin-Havt, a deputy manager for Senator Bernie Sanders’s 2020 presidential campaign, tweeted that he was in the Capitol tunnels during the attack. As Mr. Rabin-Havt moved toward the Cannon building, he wrote, members of a SWAT team yelled at him to find a hiding place.

And Representative Katie Porter, Democrat of California, said on MSNBC that after the Cannon building was evacuated, she and Ms. Ocasio-Cortez sheltered in Ms. Porter’s office in another building. She said Ms. Ocasio-Cortez was clearly terrified, opening closets to try to find hiding places and wishing aloud that she had worn flats instead of heels in case she had to run.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/04/t...tol-riots.html

I'm sure this must be fake news but this seems like the appropriate place to share it.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Nor will I. It’s a stupid question.
    how is it a stupid question, that is where she was. that would determine how in danger she was.

show me 1 person breaking into the Cannon building.

for anyone, think about how fantastic it would be to prove me wrong, to show me rioting inside that building.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This is part of an insidious agenda to portray the Capitol riots as not that bad or not violent.
    nope. it was awful. nobody has denied that. even many on the right (inclucing Republicans and even Fox News) have said how awful it was and those involved should be held accountable.

people died, many politicians on both side were scared. anyone in the Capitol building was justified in being terrified, people in that building were violent and wanted to hurt people. nothing is intent on downplaying that was going on there.

but that was not the building that AOC was in.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not sure what this even says lol

She was at an active terrorist attack and was named specifically as a target they wanted to assassinate.

The ONLY people that should be discussed in this situation are people that perpetuated the lie that led to this - there are so many people to criticize, expel, and even arrest for this situation. And you are focusing on a completely nonsensical argument about one of the victims. Pick an actual bad actor in this situation to discuss, but you won't ever do that. "PLEASE no accountability", amirite? DUMB DUMB DUMB
    she not only said that she was almost murdered, she named someone responsible for her almost being murdered. except the fact is she was not almost murdered. there was nobody that attempted to murder AOC or that would have been a charge against them. show me that charge.

nowhere have I refused to want those involved not to be held accountable. do that, hold them accountable, punish them for what they did. awesome, I don't think literally anyone here has debated that.

but it was also more than that, and lying should not be tolerated. or is lying okay now.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

she not only said that she was almost murdered, she named someone responsible for her almost being murdered. except the fact is she was not almost murdered. there was nobody that attempted to murder AOC or that would have been a charge against them. show me that charge.

nowhere have I refused to want those involved not to be held accountable. do that, hold them accountable, punish them for what they did. awesome, I don't think literally anyone here has debated that.

but it was also more than that, and lying should not be tolerated. or is lying okay now.
    Being at an active terrorist site with a person who said they would assassinate you is pretty damn close to murder in my book.

Ted Cruz is an anti-American, Democracy hating, weasel faced, loser who lied and lied so something like this would happen.

Your perception of a lie (which is objectively incorrect) is literally the most inconsequential thing in this entire situation.

Lets hold the terrorists and terrorist sympathizers to account first. Then you can go after the victims if you'd like (i know thats your fav)
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

how is it a stupid question, that is where she was. that would determine how in danger she was.

show me 1 person breaking into the Cannon building.

for anyone, think about how fantastic it would be to prove me wrong, to show me rioting inside that building.
    That isn’t the standard for whether she was in danger. They didn’t have to break into her building for her to be in danger.

If she wasn’t in danger, why did cops feel it necessary to find her and to have her hide and take cover?