Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 393 of 548 FirstFirst ... 293343383391392393394395403443493 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,895 of 8217
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I would have no problem with student loan forgiveness if the person does 5 years of public service -- military, peace corps, state jobs. If they want something from the government, they need to give something of value to the government.
    Hallelujah!
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

I would have no problem with student loan forgiveness if the person does 5 years of public service -- military, peace corps, state jobs. If they want something from the government, they need to give something of value to the government.
    I agree, this is a good idea. The Government actually has a program, called the Public Service Loan Forgiveness, where the Government agrees to cancel your student loan debt if you work in public service professions such as police, teachers, or the military.

Betsy DeVos and the current administration have only granted 1% of all requests for loan forgiveness of those who completed the 10 years of public service employment.

Not a bad idea at all. You have to keep it simple though. a problem with a lot of the loan forgiveness programs we have is they are harder to navigate then immigration. A lot of people get rejected and a lot of people who are eligible never receive it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I agree, this is a good idea. The Government actually has a program, called the Public Service Loan Forgiveness, where the Government agrees to cancel your student loan debt if you work in public service professions such as police, teachers, or the military.

Betsy DeVos and the current administration have only granted 1% of all requests for loan forgiveness of those who completed the 10 years of public service employment.
    This has always been a problem. It’s way to complicated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Imagine if we used this ridiculous logic in other areas.

Can’t give protections to all the workers to prevent black lung! What about all the people who already got it.

Can’t put money towards curing cancer! What about all the people who were already able to go into remission without a cure!

See how damned stupid this line of thinking is? Can’t help current or future people because some already were able to handle it.
    Stupid points seem to be your specialty.

I can't believe how dumb this post is.

Yeah, I could live with some version of this idea. State or federal jobs would need some refinement……would you give special consideration to students with loans for these good jobs (with bennies and pension) over other people? Not sure how to work that out.

Going into the military to work off your student loans is like a reverse GI Bill and there is some common sense logic there. Same with the peace corps. Problems…some of these snowflakes would be useless in the military and the military may not want them. As soon as females had to go in the military to work off student debt, legs would spread like Skippy Creamy.

But overall the whole concept is a good one with possibilities.

Why not just them work for Amazon as delivery drones?

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Problems…some of these snowflakes would be useless in the military and the military may not want them. As soon as females had to go in the military to work off student debt, legs would spread like Skippy Creamy.
    But keep in mind folks, this from the same guy who claims he is not a misogynist.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    But keep in mind folks, this from the same guy who claims he is not a misogynist.
    No……keep in mind folks, this from the same guy who understands reality.

No……keep in mind folks, this from the same guy who understands reality.
    Isn't it time for bridge at the villa?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Isn't it time for bridge at the villa?
    We're still doing doilies today.

Don't know how to play bridge.

And don't fret about your childishness. Most people grow out of it (key word here is "most").

We're still doing doilies today.

Don't know how to play bridge.

And don't fret about your childishness. Most people grow out of it (key word here is "most").
    Rich, coming from the guy who just stated that women's legs would be spread like peanut butter if made to commit to public service. I take it you never quite grew out of yours

[QUOTE=Kenny Powders;33731731]Rich, coming from the guy who just stated that women's legs would be spread like peanut butter if made to commit to public service. I take it you never quite grew out of yours[/QUOTE]

Is there anyone here that does not think that some females will get themselves pregnant the minute they get some crappy assignment they do not like???? (puerile QMs)

This happens now. And it is an "out" that male service members cannot use. Talk about "fairness."

And as soon as it occurs the student loan debt will be forgiven outright or some other "program" will be rolled out. I can't believe that you don't think this will happen.

Bolded……What are you talking about??? Never quite grew out of what??? (Puerile QMs)

[QUOTE=Sluggo1;33731742]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Rich, coming from the guy who just stated that women's legs would be spread like peanut butter if made to commit to public service. I take it you never quite grew out of yours[/QUOTE]

Is there anyone here that does not think that some females will get themselves pregnant the minute they get some crappy assignment they do not like???? (puerile QMs)

This happens now. And it is an "out" that male service members cannot use. Talk about "fairness."

And as soon as it occurs the student loan debt will be forgiven outright or some other "program" will be rolled out. I can't believe that you don't think this will happen.

Bolded……What are you talking about??? Never quite grew out of what??? (Puerile QMs)
    Ask your bridge buddies. I'm sure if a few of you out your heads together you should be able to figure it out

You should also figure out how to quote properly.

[QUOTE=Kenny Powders;33731773]

Ask your bridge buddies. I'm sure if a few of you out your heads together you should be able to figure it out

You should also figure out how to quote properly.
    Read, read, read……I posted earlier that I don't know how to play bridge. Never learned. I was a pretty fair poker player in my day. Now all they play is "Hold Em" and I don't came for that game. Too much silly lingo.

RE: the bold……I click on "Reply with Quote." How else do you quote???