Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 610 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137537 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I know why so many psders like her. She just spouts off ****** talking points that make no sense. It's just like 75% of the politics forum.
    OK. How about you chime in here:

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...choice-and-why

I know why so many psders like her. She just spouts off ****** talking points that make no sense. It's just like 75% of the politics forum.
    LMAO, and Trump's supporters can point to the logical talking points that Trump spouts, including the daily lies he loves to tell.

Pot, I'd like to introduce you to kettle!

You're a walking "talking points that make no sense". Everything is just "damn hippies!" or "COMMUNISM BAD" with you, my man.

Those are fair observations about what this forum is. I just hope you self-identify.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Iím at a friends bachelor party so I donít have time to break it down. But where I work they main h1b companies hire them and contract them out so you donít have to pay them benefits. And they donít offer many benefits at all either so the entire total all in loaded cost ends up being much lower.

And that occurs on top of undercutting of salaries when the market is already saturated. That was an interesting article you linked so it is possible there is some material benefit to smaller areas that have labor shortages.

But h1-b is a much smaller part of the problem. Offshoring is the biggest culprit. You can get those people for about 1/3 of the cost of a us based resource. I work for a Fortune 500 company and a ton of the big companies are offshoring a ton of the premium service industry positions (program management, finance, accounting, IT). They are doing this when we have no issues with overall profit but they are just pushing for more.

And on contracts that demand US citizens, theyíve gotten around that quark by looking to undercut the rates with Puerto Ricanís. I have no issue with using them if they were using realistic rates, but the rates they use are pretty predatory and toxic to both labor markets.

There really needs to be reform to taking advantage of companies outsourcing for cheap labor in the industries that are the bread and butter for American workers. We left manufacturing behind because we saw the service market as a better market for US citizens. The idea was cheaper products and us citizens going to the higher level paying jobs anyways (though fly over states got left behind to an extent). But now we are undercutting this new labor market and I donít see the path to the next market for the US citizens to jump towards. Itís also well documented that these efforts are all part of what is leading to wage stagnation for the working class people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you for the reply, and enjoy the party. Haven't been to a bachelor party for ages, but they are fun.

First bold: You seem to be generalizing based off of a small ("your area") sample size. By no means am I someone who has a strong understanding of the program and of its consequences, but it has intrigued me for some time, so I do have a basic understanding of it from the 20k ft view and from what I have seen, your perception isn't the overall reality.

The vast majority of the technology partners I work with are associated with foreign (mostly European) technology and a decent percentage of their employees are also European. Out of those employees, I would venture to guess that 90%+ are direct employees with full benefits. And trust me, these guys and gals are paid very very well. Also, these technology employers are scatted all over the U.S. so we are not looking at a single or small geographical footprint.

Second bold: I agree 100%. Offshoring is a massive problem and needs to be fixed. And right, wrong or indifferent that problem is being looked at more closely now under this administration than it has in a very long time. But my post to you was 100% about H1B, so no need to hash this one out, as we are in agreement.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Very short sighted. She would be able to reach a larger audience with her ideals and message.
    JMO, but there is no upside to her debating Shapiro. Beating him in the debate gets her nothing. Shapiro is a 3rd rate radio host looking for ratings. He is the kind of guy that she needed to debate before she won the primary. If she was trying to get her brand established and needed name recognition, then going on his show makes sense. Now, if she is going to debate someone, she needs to go after someone who can help her win the election, Ben just isn't that guy.

Losing hurts her progress and gives ammo to those criticizing her. Losing badly makes her look like a pretty face with no substance. There is a lot to lose here, and if you engage in a debate, you need to debate someone you are running against or someone that gives you credibility by simply appearing on the stage with them. Bad example, but debating Trump would be a good move for her for that reason.

It is a good general rule of thumb in politics to not debate or argue or twitter feed down, only up. Debating Ben Shapiro is only good for Ben, and not AOC.

Shapiro debating the kid from the Bronx would be interesting to watch. He would make a complete fool out of her.

Having said that, she should not debate him at all. He's a nobody, just a guy with an opinion. He's not running for anything and is certainly not running against her. She owes him nothing and has nothing to gain by debating him.

She has a town hall with voters (50% immigrants according to her) but sheís banning the press from attending...

Upset quite a few reporters

https://twitter.com/seungminkim/stat...789316097?s=21

https://twitter.com/seungminkim/stat...565678080?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Shapiro debating the kid from the Bronx would be interesting to watch. He would make a complete fool out of her.

Having said that, she should not debate him at all. He's a nobody, just a guy with an opinion. He's not running for anything and is certainly not running against her. She owes him nothing and has nothing to gain by debating him.
    Maybe she ó or her handlers (if there are any) ó are getting a little wiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    She has a town hall with voters (50% immigrants according to her) but sheís banning the press from attending...

Upset quite a few reporters

https://twitter.com/seungminkim/stat...789316097?s=21

https://twitter.com/seungminkim/stat...565678080?s=21
    Perhaps some of the press need to learn that there are limits to their power.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    She could do a bunch of things to achieve just that.

But demanding that she accept this random solicitation from Shapiro, who is not even approaching her in good faith, is incontrovertibly a stupid opinion to have. That should really be all that is needed here. She has no obligation, nor should she, to accept it. And I can not for the life of me think of an instance were the public has ever insisted on something like this. We would and we have NEVER held any other candidate for office to this standard. It's insanity.

Get over it. It melts my mind how dumb y'all are being about this.

A bunch of weirdos.
    I'm not demanding anything. She has every right not to do it. No problem with that at all.
    My issue is the way she handled it. It was ridiculous how she acted.

I'm not demanding anything. She has every right not to do it. No problem with that at all.
    My issue is the way she handled it. It was ridiculous how she acted.
    Fair enough. So donít vote for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Fair enough. So donít vote for her.
    I would never.
    But as I said, she missed a great opportunity to give her message a to a different audience than the one she is in. It truly would've been a win/win for her.

I would never.
    But as I said, she missed a great opportunity to give her message a to a different audience than the one she is in. It truly would've been a win/win for her.
    I doubt most here ó or elsewhere in the political world ó would agree with that assesment

I would never.
    As youíve demonstrated, that audience has largely made up their mind about her with little interest in the message.

Itís a publicity stunt by a total hack lol

She didn't miss any opportunity you wingnut

She's getting plenty of attention. She doesn't need to argue some pipsqueak twink in front of a thousand of his smooth brained followers. She's doing fine. The person that's desperate for attention here is the guy the right is trying so shamelessly to make the "intellectual" tag stick because who else do they have?
    HELLO