Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 362 of 549 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372412462 ... LastLast
Results 5,416 to 5,430 of 8229
  1. #5416
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,886
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    People are concerned about AOC because this idiot id part of our government and has the ear of some people.

    Struck a nerve??? You have to be kidding.

    Maybe you're the that needs analysis.
    Well that's not the reason you gave. You were concerned because she wore fancy clothes at a photo shoot and said a bad word.


    It's part of your ongoing obsession with her and her every move. Honestly, we could re-name this thread "Sluggo's AOC thread" and it'd be just as appropriate.

  2. #5417
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well that's not the reason you gave. You were concerned because she wore fancy clothes at a photo shoot and said a bad word.


    It's part of your ongoing obsession with her and her every move. Honestly, we could re-name this thread "Sluggo's AOC thread" and it'd be just as appropriate.
    Wrong again but you are consistent.

    I said that flaunting all these clothes and doing a cover shoot may not be taken all that well by her constituents. Sort of like being poor and having your rich cousin inviting you over to see his fabo vacation videos. People really don't care for that all that much.

    I'd feel the same if Senator Marsha whateverhername ftom TN did a cover shoot for Town & Country (she looks the part). It's pretentious.

    But, if it doesn't bother you, great.

  3. #5418
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    28,431
    I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing but decorum and etiquette are consistently ignored by both sides. I agree that AOC shouldn't have said mf'er in a public magazine interview. Do we want to go back to the old norms?


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  4. #5419
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing but decorum and etiquette are consistently ignored by both sides. I agree that AOC shouldn't have said mf'er in a public magazine interview. Do we want to go back to the old norms?
    You make it seem like they have gone out of style……in the real world, they haven't.

  5. #5420
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    There are 535 members in the Congress of the US. Most are probably Christian because most of the country is Christian. The important point here is that they are not constantly reminding me that they are Christian. Every time Omar speaks, something about Muslims comes up. Constantly. And I think it is fair to question what is she first and foremost…a Muslim or an American. And before you bring it up…I fully realize that she is both.

    With all the grief coming out of the Middle East, how would you feel if Omar, after getting seniority in the House, was on a committee that had access to important security information. I admit that I would be uncomfortable with this and I think that many would feel the same way.

    My belief is that AOC is stupid. I have seen nothing that contradicts that.
    My belief is that Wack Maxine has done very little in Congress. I have seen nothing that contradicts that.
    I criticize them because they get tremendous amounts of publicity and I don't see the reason why.
    Notice that I rarely criticize Pelosi…and she gets more publicity than any of them. I disagree with her but she is a brilliant politician for her party. The others are not in her class.

    For the record…very few House members are really effective as politicians. They pretty much come and go with little fanfare or publicity. It doesn't take much to be elected as a House Rep. Senators are fart more important people.

    So when some of these idiots take up so much of the news…yeah, it is irritating to serious minded people like myself.

    As for Trump being vulgar……I have said ad infinitum (that means a lot) that he was never my choice as the rep candidate. Far from it. But he was a clear choice over Hilly and even more so over Harris. And many repubs feel this way.
    Exactly, you don't care at all about other people and their religion though you focus on Muslims in this way only. They aren't constantly reminding you but she is? Have you ever heard Trump mention anything related to Christianity? Actually we went through this before and you couldn't name me a single instance of Omar overstepping due to her religion in a similar manner to clearing out peaceful protestors for a photo op like Trump. She is a rep for MN and does plenty without mentioning being a muslim, again that is YOUR own choice to focus on that aspect. She is both Muslim and American so that answers the question lol. If you know she is both just like others then why do you only ask about the Muslim not the Christians? Double standards.

    Sure because she hasn't given any reason not to. Do you think only people of color can handle race issues without being biased/racist? Do you think Christians should need to sit out when it comes to legislation involving Christian nations? Again YOU have a clear bias and double standards towards certain people or groups is the only real issue here.

    You criticize the female minority women because... Well I think it is very obvious by now who you are and the extreme bias and double standards towards some. You can have whatever opinion you want but when it involves extreme double standards around identities people will be able to see and call it out. Didn't you just comment about the ice cream thing randomly the other day? I agree you might do it less but that is because you are more focused on Tlaib/Omar/AOC/Maxine in an overwhelmingly white congress.

    Lol at you being serious minded. The issue around Trump is that you don't complain about him in nearly the way you do about the above despite him breaking basically every standard you ever complain about (except that he isn't a minority or a woman or muslim). You pretend you are bashing these people over X standard but aren't consistent in applying it, you just whine and whine about these few congresswoman while blatantly ignoring (sometimes even defending) worse from white males pretending to be Christian like Trump.

  6. #5421
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,886
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Wrong again but you are consistent.

    I said that flaunting all these clothes and doing a cover shoot may not be taken all that well by her constituents. Sort of like being poor and having your rich cousin inviting you over to see his fabo vacation videos. People really don't care for that all that much.

    I'd feel the same if Senator Marsha whateverhername from TN did a cover shoot for Town & Country (she looks the part). It's pretentious.

    But, if it doesn't bother you, great.
    And my point was you don't seem to feel the same when Trump brags about his wealth or shows off his expensive properties.

    And you are proving me correct.

    But, if being hypocritical doesn't both you, great.

  7. #5422
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    28,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    You make it seem like they have gone out of style……in the real world, they haven't.
    So what is the solution?


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  8. #5423
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    28,431
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Exactly, you don't care at all about other people and their religion though you focus on Muslims in this way only. They aren't constantly reminding you but she is? Have you ever heard Trump mention anything related to Christianity? Actually we went through this before and you couldn't name me a single instance of Omar overstepping due to her religion in a similar manner to clearing out peaceful protestors for a photo op like Trump. She is a rep for MN and does plenty without mentioning being a muslim, again that is YOUR own choice to focus on that aspect. She is both Muslim and American so that answers the question lol. If you know she is both just like others then why do you only ask about the Muslim not the Christians? Double standards.

    Sure because she hasn't given any reason not to. Do you think only people of color can handle race issues without being biased/racist? Do you think Christians should need to sit out when it comes to legislation involving Christian nations? Again YOU have a clear bias and double standards towards certain people or groups is the only real issue here.

    You criticize the female minority women because... Well I think it is very obvious by now who you are and the extreme bias and double standards towards some. You can have whatever opinion you want but when it involves extreme double standards around identities people will be able to see and call it out. Didn't you just comment about the ice cream thing randomly the other day? I agree you might do it less but that is because you are more focused on Tlaib/Omar/AOC/Maxine in an overwhelmingly white congress.

    Lol at you being serious minded. The issue around Trump is that you don't complain about him in nearly the way you do about the above despite him breaking basically every standard you ever complain about (except that he isn't a minority or a woman or muslim). You pretend you are bashing these people over X standard but aren't consistent in applying it, you just whine and whine about these few congresswoman while blatantly ignoring (sometimes even defending) worse from white males pretending to be Christian like Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    And my point was you don't seem to feel the same when Trump brags about his wealth or shows off his expensive properties.

    And you are proving me correct.

    But, if being hypocritical doesn't both you, great.
    This forum has more action than the NBA forum. Is that just because it's election time?


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  9. #5424
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,886
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    This forum has more action than the NBA forum. Is that just because it's election time?
    I think it's a combination of the NBA season being over and being so close to election time.

  10. #5425
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,036
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    This forum has more action than the NBA forum. Is that just because it's election time?
    It's definitely more active right now due to election and like Valade mentioned above with timing for NBA too on a break.

    Generally speaking though this forum is pretty active on a regular basis. Not sure how it compares normally tbh but it isn't far off I would say.

  11. #5426
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    75,158
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    This forum has more action than the NBA forum. Is that just because it's election time?
    No. This forum has been this active for a long time. Obviously election buzz helps, but I don't really think it's any busier now than usual.

    In part due to insane threads like this, which just serve as a means for the right-wing reactionaries to barf out nonsense hundreds and hundreds of times. Like, them crying about an AOC photoshoot.

    But there is some good stuff here. Just avoid the obvious sludge, like this and the Ilhan Omar thread.
    HELLO

  12. #5427
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    AOC has been relentless on the people that she wants to help, always against the rich. Trump has not done the same thing.

    based on the people AOC has wanted to be with, the more workings class people, I don't know why it's hard not to criticize her in this situation when she's accepting clothes that the same people she wants to help can not afford.
    Because it's a joke of a criticism.

    Criticize something worth criticizing.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  13. #5428
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    63,163
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    It's definitely because she's a woman

    Imagine you criticizing a male for dressing too nicely

    Or it's a class thing. Which is weird, because y'all pretend to hate the elites but the second a working class woman, a bartender at that, gets into politics you immediately forget that you hate elites and bash her for not being one.

    One of the two. Equally insane.
    These guy don’t pretend to hate elites. They love them


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  14. #5429
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    63,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    People like me are concerned with the direction in which the country is moving. People like me see no redeeming value of having "The Squad" and other like them (and they will be here tomorrow night) having a say in our country's future.

    We are starting to happily allow awful people into our government. People with no experience and ridiculous ideas that go counter the the US way of life and culture. People that think it is more important to pay attention to particular groups and less attention to the country as a whole.

    You may like the rag/tag direction in which we are going…people like me do not.
    I thought you were voting for Trump


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #5430
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,323
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    HAHAHA!!!

    That's Comedy Central gold right there.

    It ain't just Canada that people come here for their healthcare.
    You're going to have to provide some evidence for this claim. As is, it sounds like you've gone off the deep end once again.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •