Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 359 of 545 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369409459 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 8174
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I love when Special and Sluggo give her advice on how she should do things
    You don't read well and have consistently shown that.

Go back and re-read what I wrote and try to follow it. I said the same holds true for Steven Mnuchin's wife. It is considered poor taste to be flashing your success in people's faces…especially with United States proips around you. It is just bad taste.

It's why you rarely see inside of politicians's homes (or even the outside of their homes). It leave them open to criticism that they would like to avoid.

The problem is is that if it has to be explained to you, then it cannot be explained at all. You either know what is appropriate or you don't.

And what was important about the Vanity Fair article in the first place??? Was it AOC the Congresswoman working hard for her people. Or was it AOC the good looking Congresswoman. If it was the former, they could have done an interview with accompanying pictures of her "hard at work"in the Capitol or in her district office. But they went for the splash and got it.

Interesting that AOC has more cover articles than the first lady…but the media isn't one sided at all. Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Weren't the clothes provided by Vanity Fair? You're making a big deal over nothing. Did you even read the article in vanity fair? That's her message. Cutting a few arm holes in a feed bag and making a dress out of it doesn't make her more of a woman of the people. Her. Actions. Do.

Here's an idea, of we are going to criticize a person's looks, let's talk about how much of a moron the president looks like in an oversized fire engine red ball cap on.
    how about we stay on topic.

the article in Vanity Fair is about AOC, I'm sure she could have requested more affordable clothes. the article could have even provided where more regular type Americans could buy the more affordable clothes worn by AOC. AOC has a lot of supporters, I bet there are many women that would love to be able to buy the same clothes worn by AOC, but that can't happen when the clothes she wore were so expensive.

Weren't the clothes provided by Vanity Fair? You're making a big deal over nothing. Did you even read the article in vanity fair? That's her message. Cutting a few arm holes in a feed bag and making a dress out of it doesn't make her more of a woman of the people. Her. Actions. Do.

Here's an idea, of we are going to criticize a person's looks, let's talk about how much of a moron the president looks like in an oversized fire engine red ball cap on.
    And what has she done???

Sure, rich people will go get expensive private care. That's not rocket science, brett.

Take this for an example, if some unlucky woman, let's say in the vein of Helen Keller, decided to procreate with you and neither you nor Helen had private healthcare, how much would it cost you to deliver the baby? Or if you broke a bone? Ruptured your spleen?
    Emergency healthcare collects zero dollars in America.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Emergency healthcare collects zero dollars in America.
    Fair enough. What about yourself and Helen's twins? $10,000? $15,000?

What about cancer treatment? Truth be known, there's an excellent childcare centre only four hours from me, and I live in a fairly rural spot. They provide free housing for long term care for families off site and I've known many children that went there for both emergency and non emergency situations....and it's all free.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Nice side stepping. Makes me wonder if you actual read the article.
    Believe me, I shed no tears for landlords (or tax dodgers), both of whom are among the more vile and parasitic segments of our society.

Most mature and intelligent people with any sense of human dignity would say that there is no appropriate way to use the Eff word. Especially from someone who is in the Halls of Congress. I guess now, with the squad (and more on the way) this kind of language is acceptable.

Pretty sad commentary on our country's direction.
    Says the guy who was strangely silent when one of his state’s jackboot Congressmen called Ocasio-Cortez a ****ing *****.

Convenient, isn’t it, when your howls for dignity are entirely one sided?

Use the MF word at the Thanksgiving table this year and let us know the family's reaction.
    My family’s Thanksgiving is none of your goddamn business.

Fair enough. What about yourself and Helen's twins? $10,000? $15,000?

What about cancer treatment? Truth be known, there's an excellent childcare centre only four hours from me, and I live in a fairly rural spot. They provide free housing for long term care for families off site and I've known many children that went there for both emergency and non emergency situations....and it's all free.
    What about me? I am sorry, I am really missing your question I feel. Can you rephrase?

Free? How mean after the government takes your money up front services are "free". That's not free.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    What about me? I am sorry, I am really missing your question I feel. Can you rephrase?

Free? How mean after the government takes your money up front services are "free". That's not free.
    How. Much. Does. It. Cost. An. Uninsured. Person. To. Give. Birth. In. A. Hospital?

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    how about we stay on topic.

the article in Vanity Fair is about AOC, I'm sure she could have requested more affordable clothes. the article could have even provided where more regular type Americans could buy the more affordable clothes worn by AOC. AOC has a lot of supporters, I bet there are many women that would love to be able to buy the same clothes worn by AOC, but that can't happen when the clothes she wore were so expensive.
    Why should she? She free to wear what she pleases. Do you think she is below wearing nice clothes? Seriously, you're making WAY to much out of this.

it's about the message. why is she wearing clothes for this much when she should know damn well that the people she wants to help more than anyone else can not afford the same thing.

the message that she could have sent could have been great, could have been celebrated by the same media that wants to glorify AOC as some hero for America.
    What do you suppose people would be saying and how much respect do you suppose she'd get if she appeared on the cover of a well known fashion magazine....looking frumpy? People expecting politicians to accomplish what we want them to accomplish EXPECT those politicians to look the part of a solid, respectable individual capable OF those accomplishments.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Believe me, I shed no tears for landlords (or tax dodgers), both of whom are among the more vile and parasitic segments of our society.

Says the guy who was strangely silent when one of his state’s jackboot Congressmen called Ocasio-Cortez a ****ing *****.

Convenient, isn’t it, when your howls for dignity are entirely one sided?

My family’s Thanksgiving is none of your goddamn business.
    Bolded…I criticized Yoyo when it happened. Admittedly, I did not know who he was until the incident occurred. Once it came out publicly I said he was wrong.

Bold 2……once again side stepping. You won't admit that the MF word is just not acceptable in conversation among decent, civilized people. It's trash talk for street thugs. Why can't you admit that??

Why should she? She free to wear what she pleases. Do you think she is below wearing nice clothes? Seriously, you're making WAY to much out of this.
    I never said she shouldn't wear nice clothes. she could have worn clothes that were nice, that looked good on her, that the people she wants to help across America could also afford. I would have gladly supported her for doing that.

that's what I think, if people don't want to agree then fine. but I think she is due criticism for this.

Bolded…I criticized Yoyo when it happened. Admittedly, I did not know who he was until the incident occurred. Once it came out publicly I said he was wrong.

Bold 2……once again side stepping. You won't admit that the MF word is just not acceptable in conversation among decent, civilized people. It's trash talk for street thugs. Why can't you admit that??
    Is Ted Yoyo (I like it btw!!!) a street thug?

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    What do you suppose people would be saying and how much respect do you suppose she'd get if she appeared on the cover of a well known fashion magazine....looking frumpy? People expecting politicians to accomplish what we want them to accomplish EXPECT those politicians to look the part of a solid, respectable individual capable OF those accomplishments.
    there are clothes she could have worn that could have looked just as good, but more affordable. I'm not suggesting she wear cheap rags that look bad.

I never said she shouldn't wear nice clothes. she could have worn clothes that were nice, that looked good on her, that the people she wants to help across America could also afford. I would have gladly supported her for doing that.

that's what I think, if people don't want to agree then fine. but I think she is due criticism for this.
    Good for you! Thankfully, you're in the minority about this but you could apply to be her wardrobe manager. Advise her on the chic outfits they have at Value Village.