Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 352 of 416 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 6238
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    That's really the point.....this is a magazine front cover shot....a fashion magazine even...so they want their cover to look...fashionable. The fact they gave her these things to wear for the shoot doesn't mean they gave it all to her to keep.
    Why is that being brought up on a political forum? You're right. She did a photo shoot. Something that has happened millions of times before. Something politicians do all the time. ALL THE TIME.

But FNK sees some political point in it. She must be a fraud! Or something? Again, I don't know because my brains isn't damaged.

Also, we don't need to beat around the bush, it's sexism. Hard stop. Sorry if it triggers. I didn't say it in the first post because I know how people respond when -isms are alleged, but like...he's never going to ever be critical of a male wearing an expensive outfit. Never has. Never will.
    Last edited by ManRam; 10-30-2020 at 11:24 AM.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Lessons on hypocrisy from SpecialFNK

She wore a dress for a photoshop. This is pathetic dude.
    When I called for an uber the other day, the guy came by to pick me up in a BMW. I refused to get in because I’m a man of the people.

I came to this thread knowing he'd post about this. But like, what more does he have to do? We have 27,000 posts of his submitted as evidence.

This is politics to him. He actually thinks this matters. Why? I have no idea. Sometimes she's a dumb poor bartender. Sometimes she's not? I don't know. Hard to keep the very consistent criticisms of her straight!

FNK, actually, what is the point. What is wrong with what she did? Does she always have to present as a "poor dumb bartender" like the right slanders her as?

The far-right's obsession with her is amazing. Absolutely amazing. I love it.
    You must be kidding with this.

Seems like the far left is more obsessed with this airhead that has done nothing to deserve her adulation. She's the dumbest person in DC and has one of the biggest war chests in congress and she has done absolutely nothing positive. She's cute and has charisma…that
    's it (Oh and she lives rent free in our heads. Right.)

And yes, she was elected fairly.

Does she get paid for this……does the emoluments clause kick in. You know, the claise that everyone hammed Trump about for four years.???

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Why is that being brought up on a political forum? You're right. She did a photo shoot. Something that has happened millions of times before. Something politicians do all the time. ALL THE TIME.

But FNK sees some political point in it. She must be a fraud! Or something? Again, I don't know because my brains isn't damaged.

Also, we don't need to beat around the bush, it's sexism. Hard stop. Sorry if it triggers. I didn't say it in the first post because I know how people respond when -isms are alleged, but like...he's never going to ever be critical of a male wearing an expensive outfit. Never has. Never will.
    It also jealousy. She 31, attractive, relatable, is a person of color, has big hooters, smiles, has wit, and is damn good at this. Its all relatable or interesting in a way that frumpy old dudes can’t compete with. No way Mitch is going to raise a fortune and tap into new voting blocks gaming online. She’s a threat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 10-30-2020 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

The far-right's obsession with her is amazing. Absolutely amazing. I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    You must be kidding with this.

Seems like the far left is more obsessed with this airhead that has done nothing to deserve her adulation. She's the dumbest person in DC and has one of the biggest war chests in congress and she has done absolutely nothing positive. She's cute and has charisma…that
    's it (Oh and she lives rent free in our heads. Right.)

And yes, she was elected fairly.

Does she get paid for this……does the emoluments clause kick in. You know, the claise that everyone hammed Trump about for four years.???
    Case in point.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Case in point.
    Exactly. You can see how the far left is always bringing here up even when she does nothing.

Thanks for agreeing.

Exactly. You can see how the far left is always bringing here up even when she does nothing.

Thanks for agreeing.
    She's had just about as significant of an impact as any first term congressperson ever could hope to.
    HELLO

"Joe Biden is controlled by the radical left that are taking over the party. He is going to do their bidding. Also, AOC has done nothing."
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    When I called for an uber the other day, the guy came by to pick me up in a BMW. I refused to get in because I’m a man of the people.
    So use Uber pool and not Uber black next time ok!!!

Should have used Uber Air- https://www.uber.com/us/en/elevate/uberair/

yeah, that's what I wanna do...let a drone fly me around town, 1000 ft in the air with no driver
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    It also jealousy. She 31, attractive, relatable, is a person of color, has big hooters, smiles, has wit, and is damn good at this. Its all relatable or interesting in a way that frumpy old dudes can’t compete with. No way Mitch is going to raise a fortune and tap into new voting blocks gaming online. She’s a threat

anytime an attractive woman rises in a position of power, it seems they threaten so many men. Not sure why.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

She's had just about as significant of an impact as any first term congressperson ever could hope to.
    Really???

I wasn't aware of any first termer costing her district 20,000 jobs. She's the only one I ever heard of doing that but I guess maybe you know more.

Here's thought………let's say US Steel was all set to open up steel plants in Pittsburg creating thousands of jobs, but some cute little Pittsburgian congresswoman got elected and mouthed off and US Steel went elsewhere. How would that go over in Steeltown??? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

Bolded………what has she done for her constituents??? You have the floor………go.

Really???

I wasn't aware of any first termer costing her district 20,000 jobs. She's the only one I ever heard of doing that but I guess maybe you know more.

Here's thought………let's say US Steel was all set to open up steel plants in Pittsburg creating thousands of jobs, but some cute little Pittsburgian congresswoman got elected and mouthed off and US Steel went elsewhere. How would that go over in Steeltown??? Just wondering.
    AOC was right.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...aking-billions

I've spoken a lot about this particular thing. I'm not rehashing it. I'm not really for giving $3B in taxpayer money to the richest man in the world. Bribing him to do business. I guess fiscal conservatives are?

If you want to reduce her down to the Amazon/NYC deal, go ahead. I'll let you keep underestimating her as she continues to "radicalize" (honestly, it's deradicalizing) the masses. The movement Bernie, AOC, Omar, Tlaib, Pressley, the Justice Democrats and so on and so on are building is the only thing that gives me hope. That maybe someday we'll be the great country we pretend to be. One that helps out its own with it's unparalleled resources instead of fighting pointless wars, locking everyone up and continuing to expand income inequality in this country. One that says: "you know what, better things are possible". I know it's a long shot because our government is just an absolute mess and she'll be fighting against all the most powerful entities in the world, but it's nice to know there's people trying.

Look at how the GND and M4A have been popularized because of the work she and a few others have been doing? No one knew what the GND was 5 years ago. Now everyone does. And both are popular. As are most of her political wants. She is a fantastic advocate for bold and meaningful progressive policy. Something the Democratic Party has lacked for a long time.

The landscape of politics on the left looks drastically different now than it did half a decade ago. I think Bernie obviously deserves the bulk of the credit. He was the politician that made me realize how wrong I was about Democrats and how much better they can be. But AOC has resonated in a similarly powerful way. You can deny it all you want but the traction she has is real.

Democrats have to be dragged to the right positions on things, and she's slowly working on it.

We just need Chuck and Nancy and the rest of the Republican-lites to bow out. Or honestly croak. That works too.
    Last edited by ManRam; 10-30-2020 at 12:56 PM.
    HELLO

Bolded………what has she done for her constituents??? You have the floor………go.
    She stood up for them and didn’t sell out to a huge corporation that refused to hire locally and would have driven them out of the neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.