Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 339 of 386 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,085 of 5777
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Thats the one, that was my first non CBS Sportsline forum. They got me by spamming that forum, as well as so many others. It's a shame that forums are in such a decline right now considering how many were around then, and how active they all were.
    wait, you were involved back in CBS Sportsline days? Does that mean you remember Sandbox and Wall Street Sports? Sportsline had agreed to buy them until they realized what a bloated memberbase their money would be going to and I had an agreement to buy WSS from them until they dumped the whole Sandbox deal...this was like 2002.......so I created my own version and still run it today

I haven't really understood the decline of forums myself. Chat rooms seemed to fade first, then forums....just too many other social media options I guess, but I miss the days of active forums
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I don't know. Maybe I did. I don't recall. Just because it was a response to me doesn't necessarily mean I reported it. But I don't know. A report is not something I'm going to remember. If you've been infracted for responding to me I probably deserved twice as many for my responses to you. Not gonna lie. I care about politics and don't mind being mean But I try not to make it personal, because it's not. Nothing we do here matters ultimately. This isn't activism. This isn't anything. I think it's just an outlet. Venting.

I will say, I haven't reported anything in a long while. Again, Sluggo was the last few times iirc. And I do think that was a long time ago.
    This place is itís own level of conscious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    wait, you were involved back in CBS Sportsline days? Does that mean you remember Sandbox and Wall Street Sports? Sportsline had agreed to buy them until they realized what a bloated memberbase their money would be going to and I had an agreement to buy WSS from them until they dumped the whole Sandbox deal...this was like 2002.......so I created my own version and still run it today

I haven't really understood the decline of forums myself. Chat rooms seemed to fade first, then forums....just too many other social media options I guess, but I miss the days of active forums
    Yeah but I think I came about just after that, 2003 or 2004. I got Sportsline banned on the high school network with how often I visited from some of the computers.

Twitter hastened the fall of a lot of other media including forums. I had a sports gaming site for a bit and we hosted Madden Leagues, but then came GroupMe (and Daddy Leagues) and then came Discord. So new items are coming up all of the time.

The allure of Twitter is that you can say whatever you want, to whomever you want, and there really isn't anyone to hold you accountable. You aren't limited to the membership of a specific forum or channel.

I keep waiting for forums to swing back around, but it seems that innovation on the designer end is shot, and they are just legging it out. This site needs an overhaul from vB4 in the worst way. If we went over to IPB that would be best case scenario.

Yeah but I think I came about just after that, 2003 or 2004. I got Sportsline banned on the high school network with how often I visited from some of the computers.

Twitter hastened the fall of a lot of other media including forums. I had a sports gaming site for a bit and we hosted Madden Leagues, but then came GroupMe (and Daddy Leagues) and then came Discord. So new items are coming up all of the time.

The allure of Twitter is that you can say whatever you want, to whomever you want, and there really isn't anyone to hold you accountable. You aren't limited to the membership of a specific forum or channel.

I keep waiting for forums to swing back around, but it seems that innovation on the designer end is shot, and they are just legging it out. This site needs an overhaul from vB4 in the worst way. If we went over to IPB that would be best case scenario.
    VB had been the premier for so long, with so many features (most of which most sites never even got to) but open source is the way to go anymore....we're looking at Vanilla to replace our even older VB. But one thing every last one of these forums assumes gets uber annoying....they constantly assume they are to be the primary login for a site and that's simply not the case. We've had a hack in place that logs members into our forums once they're logged into the site, but it's still a hack.

I was thinking CBS bought out Sportsline by 2003, but maybe I'm wrong...been awhile since I fired up those memories.

Yeah, with Twitter you can say whatever to whomever....and that's part of the problem (see POTUS), but you can't converse with people like you can a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Yeah, with Twitter you can say whatever to whomever....and that's part of the problem (see POTUS), but you can't converse with people like you can a forum.
    Yep, I definitely prefer a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    For the record, "manram" is an homage to Manny Ramirez. [emoji23] Nothing more.
    lmao!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Thats the one, that was my first non CBS Sportsline forum. They got me by spamming that forum, as well as so many others. It's a shame that forums are in such a decline right now considering how many were around then, and how active they all were.
    Do you miss VSN?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Do you miss VSN?

I would have done things differently for sure. Do I miss it? Yes and no. No from the fact that, being here, I can do what I liked about owning my site without having any skin in the game. Yes, from the fact that I could change this website at a moment's notice if I owned it, like forum software.

I would have done things differently for sure. Do I miss it? Yes and no. No from the fact that, being here, I can do what I liked about owning my site without having any skin in the game. Yes, from the fact that I could change this website at a moment's notice if I owned it, like forum software.
    Itís funny. I still talk to Rush every once in awhile. Itís amazing how successful is company is. Heís handling all the marketing now for Mike Tyson.

Ive given up on owning forums. Been focusing more on homepage/articles now. It was way too hard to try and get people and get them dedicated in staying

So several of you have (or still) owned/run a sports site of some sort? If so, I'd like to start a thread in the general area to discuss some things.

OK.

So, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. After that speech, maybe Biden should select her for his VP.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    OK.

So, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. After that speech, maybe Biden should select her for his VP.
    Not sure she's eligible. I think she would not meet the age requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Not sure she's eligible. I think she would not meet the age requirement.
    She definitely is not, but I was hoping to get the discussion a bit more back on track.

She will, however, be eligible in the 2024 cycle ó for what it is worth.

Some people here will go into seizures if she runs. Thanks in part to FOX, I could see a "anybody but AOC" movement on the right. After pushing George W. then Trump on us, they would be willing to scrape farther into the barrel to find someone to run against her.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-30-2020 at 02:36 PM.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.