Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 333 of 408 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343383 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,995 of 6110
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Sluggo... you will think this ironic. I just pushed for and had accepted a new learning outcome for the college I teach at that's essentially When students leave they will know how to talk to one another even though we are so polarized today.
    I think that is a brilliant idea and you should be commended for it.

The lack of basic social skills and decorum of people moving about our society is incredible…and when people fail because of it they never realize the root cause.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Sorry, you pick the most extreme example to push your point. I was talking about cuss words between friends in a friendly environment. The post was in a commentary to another post talking about decency and cuss words. I agree to a point. I wasn't pushing for kids to use the word or during violent situations. There is a time and place for everything. If cussing brother you, fine. If you think I am trash for using cuss words, I don't give a damn about another opinion of me anyway, since it doesn't put food on my table or money in my pocket. People are going to judge. But it by itself isn't an indicator of one's decency. I don't use cuss words in mix company, church, or job interviews, because those are places where it is uncall for. But in my home among family and friends, a few cuss words ain't going to ruin a friendly consverations.

Those who use cuss words well, Richard Pryor and George Carlin. two of our best humorists.
    ………who could probably never get hired in a regular job.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    ………who could probably never get hired in a regular job.
    You don't think Carlin and Pryor knew not to swear in a job interview. Come on... you know I am a crude mother****er here. But do you really think I am like this in a job interview. Like ewing said context is important.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Te F-word hurts everyone. It is so common now that it makes our society look cheap, unsophisticated and ignorant as if it were run by street thugs…which seems to be where we are going. Decent people do not speak like this in general conversation.
    Says the guy who plays “hide the monkey” around Black people.

Te F-word hurts everyone. It is so common now that it makes our society look cheap, unsophisticated and ignorant as if it were run by street thugs…which seems to be where we are going. Decent people do not speak like this in general conversation.
    I think our leader's response to the coronavirus is doing that better than our use of cuss words.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

I think our leader's response to the coronavirus is doing that better than our use of cuss words.
    yeah, but F him

there's use of them...and there's inappropriate use of them........completely different things
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I will cut him a little slack, he is stuck in a changing world he doesn't understand. I still remmeber the dissing we got in the sixties from guys his age. Now that we are old, some of us are repeating the spirit of those dissing us for seeking change. Cussing, I admitt have been overblown in it's usage, but it is just a trend like bell bottom pants and high heel men shoes.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-27-2020 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Says the guy who plays “hide the monkey” around Black people.
    Says the guy who can't make a relevant response.

I will cut him a little slack, he is stuck in a changing world he doesn't understand. I still remmeber the dissing we got in the sixties from guys his age. Now that we are old, some of us are repeating the spirit of those dissing us for seeking change. Cussing, I admitt have been overblown in it's usage, but it is just a trend like bell bottom pants and high heel men shoes.
    Get real here.

Poor behavior is poor behavior. What's to understand.

Laughable.

I am not a fan of either, especially in public, but I’ll still take cussing over lying.

Get real here.

Laughable.
    That part was a general statement about the stuff you moan and rant about which the consistent theme is "why are they changing stuff." Whether cussing, not in verbally attacking people, used during violence, kids using it, or job interview, is poor behavior or not is a personal decision. If you feel that way, cool. Just don't use it as a sign of someone's unworthiness. I had workers who gave me a solid eight hours of excellent work, who cuss like a sailor. I put more value on their work ethics than their language skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I am not a fan of either, especially in public, but I’ll still take cussing over lying.
    Agree. Lying, having no integrity, and shallowness. One can sound decent, proper, and still be trash.

That part was a general statement about the stuff you moan and rant about which the consistent theme is "why are they changing stuff." Whether cussing, not in verbally attacking people, used during violence, kids using it, or job interview, is poor behavior or not is a personal decision. If you feel that way, cool. Just don't use it as a sign of someone's unworthiness. I had workers who gave me a solid eight hours of excellent work, who cuss like a sailor. I put more value on their work ethics than their language skills.
    Depends on the job.

Are they mechanics, ditch diggers, construction workers………probably not that big of a deal.

Accountants, medical personnel, sales reps, customer service reps, wait staff …probably a big deal.

But whatever works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Most folks thought the world was flat too. You're a solid debater. (dang, where's my green crayon)
    Hahahaha you freaked out that I used your own logic back at you and now I have no idea what this is about.

Very weird deflection.

I don't think some random people swearing is making the country look horrible, context matters.

The example here is a congress person attacking another out of no where/for no reason in this manner though and that is definitely where it starts to make us look bad as these people actually represent more. That's a major reason people have an issue with the current state of politics/Trumpism in many ways. The current POTUS and leaders like this are what have made the country look/seem more ignorant than a random person saying the F word.