Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 331 of 610 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341381431 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 9139
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    The only reason there is a need to repeat is one poster isn't understanding what a backhanded compliment is (everyone else gets this). I would say it's more annoying than mad but I mean I was laughing for a reason, it's also kinda funny sometimes when people's own logic turned back at them makes them freak out like you did.
    Most folks thought the world was flat too. You're a solid debater. (dang, where's my green crayon)

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    By the way my official opinion on the b word is that it should be like the n word.

People can take exception and argue if it's ok for black people to say the n word. Non-blacks should just not say it, and probably keep their mouth shut when it comes to whether or not black people should say it.

people can take excpetion to when women call women the b-word. Men should not say it and probably keep their mouths shut when it comes to whether or not women should say it.
    such a bigoted take

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    such a bigoted take
    Why "bigoted?" How Am I being obstinate or intolerant with prejudice there? Are you having a seizure?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Funny you should have just this because I was in the proces of writing something similar in a slight disagreement with your first post.

The b-work (like the n-word or the k-word) says little about the recipient, but a lot about the name caller and his general attitude.
    Yeah... what I wrote is what I expect from MOST people. Brewers.... well not expecting much.

Yeah... what I wrote is what I expect from MOST people. Brewers.... well not expecting much.
    Someone should make a list of words that are not allowed to be used and by whom.

What I find amazing is that the "F-word" is totally acceptable pretty much at all times by anyone but how many other words are not. Always find that interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Someone should make a list of words that are not allowed to be used and by whom.

What I find amazing is that the "F-word" is totally acceptable pretty much at all times by anyone but how many other words are not. Always find that interesting.
    You don't need a list... It's my opinion (I repeat my opinion, for those prone to seizures), If it's a slur intended to demean a group of people it should generally only be said by that group. Do you generally go around using racial slurs?

In related news.... I can tell a mean Polack joke.

The F-word doesn't hurt anyone... It just means, crudely, what I would rather be doing all the time.

You don't need a list... It's my opinion (I repeat my opinion, for those prone to seizures), If it's a slur intended to demean a group of people it should generally only be said by that group. Do you generally go around using racial slurs?

The F-word doesn't hurt anyone... It just means, crudely, what I would rather be doing all the time.
    Te F-word hurts everyone. It is so common now that it makes our society look cheap, unsophisticated and ignorant as if it were run by street thugs…which seems to be where we are going. Decent people do not speak like this in general conversation.

Considering there are parents in Portland putting signs with it on into their children's hands and having them march in protests in front of the federal building, I'm not quite sure it's true that it doesn't hurt anyone.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Te F-word hurts everyone. It is so common now that it makes our society look cheap, unsophisticated and ignorant as if it were run by street thugs…which seems to be where we are going. Decent people do not speak like this in general conversation.
    I don't think using cuss words is a mark of whether one is decent or not. It depends on the setting. Your best political con men don't use cuss words, but they aren't decent people. I am against using cuss or crude slang words as name-calling like the recent incident with AOC and when people use it constantly. But hit your thumb, shocking events or frustration, I can overlook it.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-27-2020 at 11:17 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

President thinks he does no wrong, liberals thinks he does no right. Same coin
    Just that one is closer to the truth than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I don't think using cuss words is a mark of whether one is decent or not. It depends on the setting. Your best political con men don't use cuss words, but they aren't decent people. I am against using cuss or crude slang words as name-calling like the recent incident with AOC and when people use it constantly. But hit your thumb, shocking events or frustration, I can overlook it.
    There was a video shown recently of 6-7 year old kids walking with signs that said "Eff the Police" a few had T-shirts saying the same thing. Proud moms were standing nearby. In my opinion, these kids are done at an early age. They are being taught that anything goes. No sense of dignity. Wht will they grow up to be.

Video of the guy that put a cop in a headlock…gut taking the video kept talking and couldn't go more that a half dozen words or so without the Eff word, MFer, P word etc. What hope does that guy have of getting a decent job in a civilized society. He literally cannot speak to anyone without offending.

At a rally in Minneapolis…the wimp mayor would't commit to defunding the police so the woman running the rally told him to get the eff off the stage. Talks to the mayor like this.

All these "peace protests"…signs and chants using the eff word by men and women alike.

Many posters here cannot post without the eff word.

You can say it is just a word all you want but when people are this vulgar, it is hard to take them seriously. They just come across as ignorant trash.

Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Just that one is closer to the truth than the other.
    I agree, trump is closer to the truth.

There was a video shown recently of 6-7 year old kids walking with signs that said "Eff the Police" a few had T-shirts saying the same thing. Proud moms were standing nearby. In my opinion, these kids are done at an early age. They are being taught that anything goes. No sense of dignity. Wht will they grow up to be.

Video of the guy that put a cop in a headlock…gut taking the video kept talking and couldn't go more that a half dozen words or so without the Eff word, MFer, P word etc. What hope does that guy have of getting a decent job in a civilized society. He literally cannot speak to anyone without offending.

At a rally in Minneapolis…the wimp mayor would't commit to defunding the police so the woman running the rally told him to get the eff off the stage. Talks to the mayor like this.

All these "peace protests"…signs and chants using the eff word by men and women alike.

Many posters here cannot post without the eff word.

You can say it is just a word all you want but when people are this vulgar, it is hard to take them seriously. They just come across as ignorant trash.

Sorry.
    The good news is that if they are taught that about police, then it's very likely they won't be a policeman who is out there killing unarmed black people. So that's a positive of it at least.
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Considering there are parents in Portland putting signs with it on into their children's hands and having them march in protests in front of the federal building, I'm not quite sure it's true that it doesn't hurt anyone.
    It's not the word hurting anyone.