Page 327 of 386 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337377 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,905 of 5777
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...915446273?s=21

What a terrible apology

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What do you expect from a pos person?

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/128...275598849?s=21

I think she dramatized a little but classy and accurate overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

If ever there was an appropriately revealing juxtaposition of two facets of America, these two speeches capture it exquisitely.

As a conservative and someone who thinks she is terribly under qualified and overwhelmed to be a Congresswoman, I agree 100% with the above.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    As a conservative and someone who thinks she is terribly under qualified and overwhelmed to be a Congresswoman, I agree 100% with the above.
    ah, the old backhanded compliment

underqualified when she got the job, possibly...but she's nearing 2 years in office now and doesn't appear one aiota overwhelmed........whether I agree with her positions or not, there's little doubt she's on track to be in this or a higher capacity for a long while if she chooses
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    ah, the old backhanded compliment

underqualified when she got the job, possibly...but she's nearing 2 years in office now and doesn't appear one aiota overwhelmed........whether I agree with her positions or not, there's little doubt she's on track to be in this or a higher capacity for a long while if she chooses
    100% wrong SiteWolf. Clearly you have issues and react at the slightest thing.

I purposely stated who I am, my opinion of her and that even though I am against just about everything she stands for, I agree with the comment that AOC was dramatic, classy and accurate overall. It was not backhanded at all. Backhanded would have been for as an example only, "for a woman, I agree with her."

But alas you don't care about honesty. Thankfully for you, especially on this board, you are not alone.

I purposely stated who I am, my opinion of her and that even though I am against just about everything she stands for, I agree with the comment that AOC was dramatic, classy and accurate overall. It was not backhanded at all. Backhanded would have been for as an example only, "for a woman, I agree with her."

But alas you don't care about honesty. Thankfully for you, especially on this board, you are not alone.
    lol @ I have issues

Meanwhile, I am known by friends, family, coworkers, and clients as one of the most honest people they know, but OK....often to my own detriment.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

As a liberal and someone who thinks Trump is a racist/sexist/moron who has no idea how to run the country, I think he did a good job passing that test. Did I simply compliment Trump or add in my own negative opinions in backhanded manner? Now if you replace Trump and the insults I chose with AOC and unqualified/overwhelmed as yours it is the same thing.

When someone feels the need to add in some negative opinions they have about someone before complimenting them that is often considered a backhanded compliment to many.

I think if we care about honesty we can admit this.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    lol @ I have issues

Meanwhile, I am known by friends, family, coworkers, and clients as one of the most honest people they know, but OK....often to my own detriment.
    You could have a different IRL persona. I would hope that you do actually.

It was definitely a backhanded compliment, but I took it for the compliment that it was.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    As a liberal and someone who thinks Trump is a racist/sexist/moron who has no idea how to run the country, I think he did a good job passing that test. Did I simply compliment Trump or add in my own negative opinions in backhanded manner? Now if you replace Trump and the insults I chose with AOC and unqualified/overwhelmed as yours it is the same thing.

When someone feels the need to add in some negative opinions they have about someone before complimenting them that is often considered a backhanded compliment to many.

You qualified that you suffer from TDS and then stated something about the President in your "made up example."

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post

Quoted wrong post
    Last edited by ewing; 07-23-2020 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

You qualified that you suffer from TDS and then stated something about the President in your "made up example."
    What? So you have AOCDS is what you are saying and when I mirror that approach it is TDS?

I am guessing you understand how ridiculous it was to pretend that wasn't a backhanded compliment now though and are just trying to reach. If someone uses your approach to make a point and it immediately means they have TDS then it says a lot about your approach...

I purposely stated who I am, my opinion of her and that even though I am against just about everything she stands for, I agree with the comment that AOC was dramatic, classy and accurate overall. It was not backhanded at all. Backhanded would have been for as an example only, "for a woman, I agree with her.".
    I couldnít care less whether yours was a backhanded compliment or not.

For me, the real issue is that you have absolutely no clue as to what makes her underqualifed to represent her constituents and even less of a clue as to how she is overwhelmed as a Congresswoman.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It was definitely a backhanded compliment, but I took it for the compliment that it was.
    I didn't care that the compliment was backhanded tbh, the issue was calling out SiteWolf as having issues etc. for simply stating the obvious that's what it was.