Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 325 of 479 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335375425 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 7183
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    (1) Long Island City is not her district, (2) none of her constituants were guaranteed a job by Amazon, (3) it is only speculation as to what “would” have transpired in terms of jobs and money (in other words, she cost her people nothing), and (4) Ocasio-Cortez was only one of many NYC voices who questioned the enterprise.

And no backsliding deflection on you part (“adjoining area” “metro area”— ha) will change the fact that you totally lost on this one.
    Dumb post even after you tried to edit a bit.

Point by point………

1 Difference between Long Island City and Jackson Heights is probably 5 miles (or even less). Some people in NYC probably walk 5 miles to avoid transit costs, or ride a bike. 5 Miles is nothing. The distance is even more meaningless in a city that probably has the best mass transit system in the world (London is up there too.).

Anyone else reading this……would your community like to have 20,000 jobs pop up within 5 miles of your community??? You bet they would. (Now start the environmental comebacks.)

2 No one is guaranteed anything. But it is not a stretch to believe that a fair portion of 20,000 jobs popping up 5 miles away would go to some of those people. To add to the point…jobs filled at Amazon by other areas would cause openings in those other areas that could be filled by residents of Jackson Heights.

3 No, not entirely speculation. The construction plans were fairly set, job estimates by people like Amazon would be pretty accurate. The estimates in terms of jobs and $$$ were there and done by professionals that know what they are doing not simply thrown out in a PowerPoint presentation. She cost her people 20,000 opportunities and from what I have seen in pictures of her in her district, these people could use the opportunities.

4. Ocasio Cortez was the pointman on this…there is no question about that.

You're supposed to be some sort of professor??? Professor of what…certainly not economics. You seem to know less about economics that a Manhattan bartender.

Any state would do anything necessary to get a deal like Amazon. Even California, Texas or Florida, the three biggies for jobs that don't need Amazon to be successful, would fight to get this deal. The dimwit blew it. You don't let 20,000 jobs get away…especially when you have them in your hands. The thought of losing jobs is why communities, cities, states fight so hard to avoid base closures, factory shutdowns etc.

She throws out the billions of dollars in tax deals (to the horrifying rich) Amazonn woukd have received and matches that to money we could all use for housing and to feed the poor (them again). All people see is rich get free stuff while we get screwed. They (along with you apparently) cannot comprehend the economic impact of 20,000 jobs. Problem is that you could build housing and feed the poor and nothing would change. The housing would quickly get run down and you would still have the poor crying for more housing and more free stuff..

The problem you have here is that you are trying to justify a really stupid move on this kid's part.

Nothing will change the fact that you totally lost on this one.

Does this mean thet you are the Professor of Silly Faces????

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Does this mean thet you are the Professor of Silly Faces????
    Nah. That’s SpliffTONE. I wonder where he’s been?

Me, I’m just applauding your rant.

You are kind of like the guy who repeats over and over what he said (in English) to someoneone who does not understand English, and each time he repeats it, he just says it louder and slower (as if somehow that’ll solve the communication problem).

Nah. That’s SpliffTONE. I wonder where he’s been?

Me, I’m just applauding your rant.

You are kind of like the guy who repeats over and over what he said (in English) to someoneone who does not understand English, and each time he repeats it, he just says it louder and slower (as if somehow that’ll solve the communication problem).
    Not a rant at all. just a lucid explanation to a post loaded with misinformation..

And a lot of people in here don't understand stuff.

And a lot of people in here don't understand stuff.
    Ain’t that truth.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    This is because Fox news and the like are catering their stories to people like yourself, they put them in the news because they rile you up so much.

yes it must be Fox News's fault for covering the idiotic things that AOC says.

it's not any media's fault for covering what a radical outspoken politician is saying, especially when there are many examples of her being stupid.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Several black friends…we get along just fine.

Approx 1/3 of my block is owned by black or poc neighbors…we get along just fine.

Haha, I can guarantee that's not the case. If we can tell you're a racist just from your posts believe me your neighbors can tell too. They may wave at you, but I'm curious what they think when they do, lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Several black friends…we get along just fine.

Approx 1/3 of my block is owned by black or poc neighbors…we get along just fine.

Curious……How tall are you because a lot of simple concepts seems to go over your head.
    You’ve told us 100 times you wouldn’t buy property in a back neighborhood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You’ve told us 100 times you wouldn’t buy property in a back neighborhood.
    He’s including white people with really dark tans in his definition of POC.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    More stupid things AOC says

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1...549464578?s=21

You vote Trump. You don’t care about stupid. If you did you would vote with some integrity.

So gtfo with this BS.

There goes that radical AOC again:

https://www.thenation.com/article/so...dentification/

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    There goes that radical AOC again:

https://www.thenation.com/article/so...dentification/

How scandalous!

In a brief but heated exchange, which was overheard by a reporter, Yoho told Ocasio-Cortez she was "disgusting" for recently suggesting that poverty and unemployment are driving a spike in crime in New York City during the coronavirus pandemic.

"You are out of your freaking mind," Yoho told her.

Ocasio-Cortez shot back, telling Yoho he was being "rude."

The two then parted ways. Ocasio-Cortez headed into the building, while Yoho, joined by Rep. Roger Williams (R-Texas), began descending toward the House office buildings. A few steps down, Yoho offered a parting thought to no one in particular.

"****ing *****," he said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...s-that-kind-of

Not overly surprising given fox news and the posters we see on here daily focused on AOC evil/bad and so on randomly for things like gardening or having different opinions than them. At this point the goal just seems attack her or Omar for no reason at all, other than apparently riling up the base as we see here often.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    In a brief but heated exchange, which was overheard by a reporter, Yoho told Ocasio-Cortez she was "disgusting" for recently suggesting that poverty and unemployment are driving a spike in crime in New York City during the coronavirus pandemic.

"You are out of your freaking mind," Yoho told her.

Ocasio-Cortez shot back, telling Yoho he was being "rude."

The two then parted ways. Ocasio-Cortez headed into the building, while Yoho, joined by Rep. Roger Williams (R-Texas), began descending toward the House office buildings. A few steps down, Yoho offered a parting thought to no one in particular.

"****ing *****," he said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...s-that-kind-of

Not overly surprising given fox news and the posters we see on here daily focused on AOC evil/bad and so on randomly for things like gardening or having different opinions than them. At this point the goal just seems attack her or Omar for no reason at all, other than apparently riling up the base as we see here often.
    The article clearly states what she was attacked for and so on.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!