Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 324 of 478 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374424 ... LastLast
Results 4,846 to 4,860 of 7160
  1. #4846
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Ask anyone that has actually earned something how they feel about free rides.
    Well, I asked myself and I'm cool with it. Where are these free rides going, btw, and who is paying for them? Are we doing this while talking in complete generality thing because we dont want to talk about details, because we dont know the details, or because we prefer to talk about anonymous free stuff to any actual policy proposals? This highly educated woman tending bar in an effort to get and give free stuff without earning anything has me perplexed. Anyway, back to going on about things you cant really speak to then.

  2. #4847
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,221
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Lolol if you google anyone you will get stories. If I do the same for another senator or house rep is that proof enough?

    They covered her 76 times per day for 6 weeks lol. Explain the thousands of issues they covered in that time or else just admit they focus on her to rile up the base. It clearly works, look at you go.

    You obviously don't like her and that is the point. All your arguments are based on that bias just like foxs approach. I care far less about her than you do, between us only one truly likes/dislikes her in a majorly biased way... Similar to your approach on Omar


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let's try to cover the original point you brought up………

    You said………
    This is because Fox news and the like are catering their stories to people like yourself, they put them in the news because they rile you up so much.

    I mentioned that she is in the news (meaning all news) constantly. A simple search showed FOX News (GASP!!!) a few times but no more than the NY Post and only once more than other sources. That doesn't sound like FOX News (GASP!!!!) is covering her all that much more than other outlets. That doesn't sound like FOX News (GASP!!!!) Is catering therir stories to "people like myself."

    Second point was that FOX News (DASP!!!) covers (wait for it) the news. FOX News (Gasp!!!) doesn't tell this idiot tof twitter her views, thoughts and photos all over the internet. As soon as she does … it becomes news. Some of her tweets are so stupid (like people rioting because the have no bread) makes it big news and will be repeated by FOX News (GASP!!!) and many. many others.

    Absolutely correct. I dislike any congressional that is doing harm to the US. She is one of many. She gets the most publicity.

  3. #4848
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,221
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Well, I asked myself and I'm cool with it. Where are these free rides going, btw, and who is paying for them? Are we doing this while talking in complete generality thing because we dont want to talk about details, because we dont know the details, or because we prefer to talk about anonymous free stuff to any actual policy proposals? This highly educated woman tending bar in an effort to get and give free stuff without earning anything has me perplexed. Anyway, back to going on about things you cant really speak to then.
    How much of her $175K salary has she donated to the poor and hungry???? I bet I've donated more while making far less.

  4. #4849
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Let's try to cover the original point you brought up………

    You said………
    This is because Fox news and the like are catering their stories to people like yourself, they put them in the news because they rile you up so much.

    I mentioned that she is in the news (meaning all news) constantly. A simple search showed FOX News (GASP!!!) a few times but no more than the NY Post and only once more than other sources. That doesn't sound like FOX News (GASP!!!!) is covering her all that much more than other outlets. That doesn't sound like FOX News (GASP!!!!) Is catering therir stories to "people like myself."

    Second point was that FOX News (DASP!!!) covers (wait for it) the news. FOX News (Gasp!!!) doesn't tell this idiot tof twitter her views, thoughts and photos all over the internet. As soon as she does … it becomes news. Some of her tweets are so stupid (like people rioting because the have no bread) makes it big news and will be repeated by FOX News (GASP!!!) and many. many others.

    Absolutely correct. I dislike any congressional that is doing harm to the US. She is one of many. She gets the most publicity.
    No, what you did is say you googled her and multiple sources showed up on your search engine. I pointed out this happens when you google any politician. I noted Fox News specifically covered her over 3000 times in 6 weeks though. You have provided NOTHING to counter this or explain it in any way or show other stations doing the same. I provided a link with the study in it as well even.

    Fox covers the news in a specific way catering to a specific audience just like other stations/programs. They cover her in specific ways, focusing on things in the way you do often and the stupid bartender kid angle to portray her negatively. You find it stupid as Fox portrays it as stupid and they focus on it 76 times per day to keep your riled up and believing she is literally everywhere all the time on everyone mind or some nonsense. You, Special, Fox are the ones who focus on her to an extreme and keep her so relevant, it's so disingenuous to constantly bring her up and whine while whining she is being brought up so much how do you not see this lol.

    You dislike specific individuals and often without clear reasoning/standards. If say the actual POTUS who actually would matter to the normal American acted stupid/dumb/divisive you wouldn't rant in nearly the same way as you do for AOC or Omar two random people who have 0 to do with you as far as you have shared as they represent different areas. You are choosing to focus all your time and energy into people like this for some reason no one could possibly ever know when you say things like you hope muslims in politics doesn't happen more or whatever.

  5. #4850
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,221
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    No, what you did is say you googled her and multiple sources showed up on your search engine. I pointed out this happens when you google any politician. I noted Fox News specifically covered her over 3000 times in 6 weeks though. You have provided NOTHING to counter this or explain it in any way or show other stations doing the same. I provided a link with the study in it as well even.

    Fox covers the news in a specific way catering to a specific audience just like other stations/programs. They cover her in specific ways, focusing on things in the way you do often and the stupid bartender kid angle to portray her negatively. You find it stupid as Fox portrays it as stupid and they focus on it 76 times per day to keep your riled up and believing she is literally everywhere all the time on everyone mind or some nonsense. You, Special, Fox are the ones who focus on her to an extreme and keep her so relevant, it's so disingenuous to constantly bring her up and whine while whining she is being brought up so much how do you not see this lol.

    You dislike specific individuals and often without clear reasoning/standards. If say the actual POTUS who actually would matter to the normal American acted stupid/dumb/divisive you wouldn't rant in nearly the same way as you do for AOC or Omar two random people who have 0 to do with you as far as you have shared as they represent different areas. You are choosing to focus all your time and energy into people like this for some reason no one could possibly ever know when you say things like you hope muslims in politics doesn't happen more or whatever.
    Bold 1…… "clear reasoning/standard"…… Show me anything positive this dimwit has done

    Bold 2……Wrong again. I have criticized Trump numerous times for: all the silly tweets, for being polarizing, for being an abysmal speaker, for saying the wrong things at the wrong time

    Your arguments hold no water.

  6. #4851
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    38,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Ask anyone that has actually earned something how they feel about free rides.
    I have earned much in my life. If someone gave me a winning lottery ticket for millions of dollars I'd take it

  7. #4852
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,575
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    This is because Fox news and the like are catering their stories to people like yourself, they put them in the news because they rile you up so much.

    You are just describing how the media fuels your rants on here regularly. It is very simply, watch something else and you won't have the same issues as I don't hear about AOC/Omar irl even 1/100th as much as they are mentioned on this board by some.

    Edit: I will link the data to show you even...

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ez/3466493002/

    A study found that the New York City Democrat was mentioned 3,181 times on Fox News Channel and its sister Fox Business Network during the six-week period of Feb. 25 to April 7, or just under 76 times a day. Not a day went by when she wasn't spoken about on Fox.

    Stop watching horrible news stations catering their messages like this and it won't be such an issue for you.
    And how many times do CNN or MSNBC mention Trump on a daily basis?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #4853
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    11,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    And how many times do CNN or MSNBC mention Trump on a daily basis?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ones the president and ones a junior congressional. Either way, no one in their right mind should watch FOX, CNN or MSNBC.

  9. #4854
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Ones the president and ones a junior congressional. Either way, no one in their right mind should watch FOX, CNN or MSNBC.
    AOC has the biggest following in Congress by far. This isn’t just some random house member


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #4855
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Bold 1…… "clear reasoning/standard"…… Show me anything positive this dimwit has done

    Bold 2……Wrong again. I have criticized Trump numerous times for: all the silly tweets, for being polarizing, for being an abysmal speaker, for saying the wrong things at the wrong time

    Your arguments hold no water.
    Do you think AOC has literally never done anything positive? Serious question? I already had to show this for you with Omar because you said she never said anything positive about America when obviously she has you are just ignorant and believe fox news. Are they the ones that told you she never did anything positive?

    If I answer the question you can just say no because positive is subjective. The issue is you are focused on her in this manner when she has 0 bearing on you in any way other than being all over your favorite media.

    Lolol no you don't. If you can quote 30+ posts right now I will believe you. I can easily do this for AOC and Omar in 10 minutes because of how often you rant/rave and call them dimwits/kids/morons or focus on their identity.

  11. #4856
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    And how many times do CNN or MSNBC mention Trump on a daily basis?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tons, he is the actual POTUS that would make sense to cover on a daily basis lol he is actually the leader of America. You get the difference between their positions right?

    To be clear both those stations suck too still.

  12. #4857
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    11,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    AOC has the biggest following in Congress by far. This isn’t just some random house member


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And?

    He's the president. There's no comparison

  13. #4858
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    20,000 in an adjoining area would provide jobs to 20,000 people from all around the facility. All over the metro area. She cost her people (and her city) thousands of jobs and billions and billions of $$$$ in revenue…all because the stupid kid with an Economics degree has no understanding of economics.

    As you said…like shooting fish in a barrel.
    (1) Long Island City is not her district, (2) none of her constituants were guaranteed a job by Amazon, (3) it is only speculation as to what “would” have transpired in terms of jobs and money (in other words, she cost her people nothing), and (4) Ocasio-Cortez was only one of many NYC voices who questioned the enterprise.

    And no backsliding deflection on you part (“adjoining area” “metro area”— ha) will change the fact that you totally lost on this one.
    Last edited by Crovash; 07-17-2020 at 07:24 AM.

  14. #4859
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Here is the problem with your thought process. (In a nutshell. Who has time to go into this in detail.)

    You immediately take my criticism of this idiot as an attack on a person of color when it is criticism of an incompetent congressional. Same with Omar.

    Somewhere you must have missed years of criticism concerning Hilly (3 1/2 years now and counting.)

    I've also been critical if Schiff, Kerry, Clinton, Trump, JoeB, Sanders, DeBlasio, Cuomo and some others.

    I've also been complementary at times to BO and have clearly said that Michelle was the best first lady we've had since Jackie Kennedy and that I feared her running against Trump.

    I've been complimentary to the Atlanta Mayor and the Seattle Chief of Police…two women of color (WOC's???) that seem sincere, bright, would like to do a good job, and are extremely frustrated (how JoeB could not consider the Mayor of Atlanta for VP is beyond me. She would be terrific.)

    But you don't see any of that … because you are incapable of seeing anything but color. All you see is color.

    Fortunately I am not like you. For me it is who you are and what you show me as opposed to simply "what you are."

    Unfortunately, people like you never change.
    I’m sure you have a black friend too lol

    Sorry, you being critical of white people sometimes doesn’t magically excuse your racism.

  15. #4860
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,221
    Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    I’m sure you have a black friend too lol

    Sorry, you being critical of white people sometimes doesn’t magically excuse your racism.
    Several black friends…we get along just fine.

    Approx 1/3 of my block is owned by black or poc neighbors…we get along just fine.

    Curious……How tall are you because a lot of simple concepts seems to go over your head.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •