Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 311 of 548 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321361411 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,665 of 8220
  1. #4651
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    12,909
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    what is an uncle Tom?

    are these black people not allowed to support Trump, do they not have that freedom?
    Uncle Tom's Cabin

  2. #4652
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    102,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Uncle Tom's Cabin
    You have to be responding to a Russian troll. Thereís just no way someone isnít familiar with that term but supports everything Trump does.

  3. #4653
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    63,094

    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Uncle Tom's Cabin
    Call me a liberal elitist but I doubt Special has read Harriet Beecher Stowe. You might have to explain more


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 06-22-2020 at 07:57 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  4. #4654
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    32,427
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    You're both changing the subject and construing my argument to fit your straw man. He didn't mention George Floyd, the 1921 Tulsa massacre, or Juneteenth last night because none of that was on his mind, it wasn't relevant to him in the moment. Him tweeting about George Floyd is irrelevant to what I said. I said he didn't care about George Floyd, and tweeting about him doesn't mean he cares. He has never once uttered the words "black lives matter" because he neither understands, nor cares to understand, that saying black lives matter means black lives are just as important as anyone else's. Saying "all lives matter" is missing the point of the entire thing and "blue lives matter" means you don't even think police brutality is an issue (which he obviously doesn't).
    would it have been better if Trump had mentioned George Floyd or the current racial protesting or Black Lives Matter? of course. but that doesn't change the fact that has tweeted about George Floyd and yes that means something. people can't criticize Trump about tweets (which happens often) and then say other tweets don't matter.



    Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    As to the bolded part, are you admitting that he is, or has been, a racist? It seems like you're equating how much of a racist someone can be based on whether they are Republican or Democrat (I understand that's exactly what you're doing). It just shows how much of a partisan hack you are, and the lengths you'll go to defend someone you agree with politically. If Donald Trump was "still" a Democrat you would be agreeing with me right now.
    it is possible for one to say something perceived as racist without being racist. do you want to get into multiple different racist comments from Joe Biden. but I don't think people would actually say Joe Biden is racist.

    my point with Democrat/Republican is that Democrats too often abuse the word racist for a political agenda because they have needed the black vote to win elections. it's an agenda to call the other side racist. that hurts real racism.
    Last edited by SpecialFNK; 06-22-2020 at 09:53 AM.


    Į\_(ツ)_/Į

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  5. #4655
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    32,427
    Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    Supporting Trump doesnít make you a whole supremacist. It just means youíre ok supporting one, one who employs and empowers them and their false news and conspiracies, and even exonerates them from crime.

    In short it means white supremacy doesnít bother you. Or you could just be someone with pitiful education and mind numbing obtuseness and refusal to learn anything related to US history or society like you

    Itís ok, Iím sure you have a black friend you can objectify to prop up as proof kid.

    You just stick your head in the sand and refuse to acknowledge any of his and administrationís overt ties to these things lol. Itís sad. But as itís been established by you yourself, you donít have an issue with that ideology.

    Of course heís talked about Flloyd. Just in no meaningful way and at the bare minimum, and not to his followers, he even condemns and obstructs peaceful protests against his murder by law enforcement. Sorry, but words from a guy who has been tainted by dozens of racist scandals and even admitted to his racism for decades are as empty as a criticism of media from you lol

    like when Trump said white supremacists and neo Nazis should be totally condemned, or when he said racism is evil. you don't care about these facts.

    I'm sure Trump has said or done something that people are going to perceive as racist, but there are also things he has done/or said to contradict that.

    https://www.cleveland19.com/story/93...on-and-family/
    November 12, 2008 at 3:59 PM EST - Updated July 3 at 2:41 PM

    Real estate mogul Donald Trump is reaching out to Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson in her time of need.

    People.com says Trump has been putting up Hudson and some of her relatives at the Trump International Hotel & Tower for a complimentary stay ever since Hudson's mother and brother were found murdered at their Chicago home last month.


    Į\_(ツ)_/Į

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  6. #4656
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    32,427
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    You have to be responding to a Russian troll. Thereís just no way someone isnít familiar with that term but supports everything Trump does.
    it's simple to know what it means, but I want to know what it means to specific people.

    it shouldn't be an acceptable term to use.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncle_Tom_syndrome

    Uncle Tom syndrome is a theory in psychology[1] referring to a coping skill in which individuals use passivity and submissiveness when confronted with a threat, leading to subservient behaviour and appeasement, while concealing their true thoughts and feelings. The term "Uncle Tom" comes from the title character of Harriet Beecher Stowe's novel Uncle Tom's Cabin, where an enslaved African American man named Tom is beaten to death by a cruel white master for refusing to betray the whereabouts of two other enslaved people.

    In the American racial context, "Uncle Tom" is a pejorative term for African-Americans who give up or hide their ethnic or gender outlooks, traits, and practices, in order to be accepted into the mainstream. Conservative African-Americans are often called "Uncle Toms".
    anyone black in this type of situation should not be considered any less black. that would go against black lives matter where everyone black (and everyone in general) should be equal.


    Į\_(ツ)_/Į

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  7. #4657
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,322
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    would it have been better if Trump had mentioned George Floyd or the current racial protesting or Black Lives Matter? of course. but that doesn't change the fact that has tweeted about George Floyd and yes that means something. people can't criticize Trump about tweets (which happens often) and then say other tweets don't matter.





    it is possible for one to say something perceived as racist without being racist. do you want to get into multiple different racist comments from Joe Biden. but I don't think people would actually say Joe Biden is racist.

    my point with Democrat/Republican is that Democrats too often abuse the word racist for a political agenda because they have needed the black vote to win elections. it's an agenda to call the other side racist. that hurts real racism.
    So yeah, you're only going to construe anything I say to fit a straw man. I talked about how, a day after Juneteenth and in Tulsa Oklahoma, he couldn't bring himself to mention any of the relevant race issues currently going on (because they weren't on his mind in the least bit) and you turn it into how people shouldn't complain about Trump's tweets (something I haven't done in this back and forth) because he tweeted about George Floyd.

    In the second paragraph, you try to change the subject to Joe Biden. Joe Biden is a lot of things, and being a very undeserving Democratic nominee is one of the things, but he holds no relevance to this debate, which is about Trump's racism and the racist things he says and does. This was basically my entire point of my previous rebuttal to you, you're just going to use my arguments to attack a straw man you're in constant war with and/or change the subject. Thanks for proving me right.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 06-22-2020 at 11:05 AM.

  8. #4658
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    32,427
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    So yeah, you're only going to construe anything I say to fit a straw man. I talked about how, a day after Juneteenth and in Tulsa Oklahoma, he couldn't bring himself to mention any of the relevant race issues currently going on (because they weren't on his mind in the least bit) and you turn it into Trump tweeting about Floyd and people complaining about his tweets (something I haven't done in this back and forth).

    In the second paragraph, you try to change the subject to Joe Biden. Joe Biden is a lot of things, and being a very undeserving Democratic nominee is one of the things, but he holds no relevance to this debate, which is about Trump's racism and the racist things he says and does. This was basically my entire point of my previous rebuttal to you, you're just going to use my arguments to attack a straw man you're in constant war with and/or change the subject. Thanks for proving me right.
    I just said of course Trump should have mentioned these things.

    Joe Biden is relevant. he too has racist comments. but he doesn't get the same criticism because he is a Democrat and more protected from the Liberal media. it's the same reason in the beginning they didn't want to cover the sexual assault allegations.

    if you want to conclude that Trump is racist because of what he has said, then by your own logic you should also think Joe Biden is racist. but I don't think you're going to say that, and I can even agree that I don't think Joe Biden is racist despite things he has said.


    Į\_(ツ)_/Į

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  9. #4659
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    102,927
    You really just have to love it...the right tries to create this myth and it gets absolutely walloped by empirical evidence.


  10. #4660
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    17,204
    I love how the DNC got an ex-republican to run against AOC. Why not. It getting harder and harder to tell the republican from a moderate outside a few key policies, ie minority issues or abortion/culture war.

  11. #4661
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    18,071
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    You really just have to love it...the right tries to create this myth and it gets absolutely walloped by empirical evidence.
    So, when you say 'right', who are you meaning...Trump supporters? Extreme right? What?
    Because I'm not Democrat, would be considered more conservative than progressive even tho I hate those terms as well.......but I'm not part of the group you're referring to.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  12. #4662
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    17,204
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    So, when you say 'right', who are you meaning...Trump supporters? Extreme right? What?
    Because I'm not Democrat, would be considered more conservative than progressive even tho I hate those terms as well.......but I'm not part of the group you're referring to.
    Usually, such comments are about party leaders. At least that is what I am thinking. I try to state "moderate'' progressive or the right leadership following Trump's lead.

    Terms can cumbersome, but that is all we have to work with. Most Americans don't walk in lockstep with their party leadership and even more, don't like either party.

  13. #4663
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    5,146
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I love how the DNC got an ex-republican to run against AOC. Why not. It getting harder and harder to tell the republican from a moderate outside a few key policies, ie minority issues or abortion/culture war.
    Pelosi did endorse AOC. She endorsed all the incumbents.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

    -JFK


  14. #4664
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Pelosi did endorse AOC. She endorsed all the incumbents.
    Oh, well, Iím sure that sealed the deal.

  15. #4665
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    102,927
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    So, when you say 'right', who are you meaning...Trump supporters? Extreme right? What?
    Because I'm not Democrat, would be considered more conservative than progressive even tho I hate those terms as well.......but I'm not part of the group you're referring to.
    Are you really unable to define basic terms in politics? Iím not here to provide simple and basic definitions. Does anyone else here besides you not know what people on the right means?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •